Enrollment: 15,000 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
51%
Colors: Blue, White, and Red Nickname: Flames Mascot:
Fight song:
Fan the Flames
Series: MT leads 1-0
Stadium: Williams (25,000)
Head Coach: Hugh Freeze (Florida State, 1999)
Record at Liberty: 18-6 (3rd) Overall: 60-38 (11th)
2020 Record: 10-1 2020 Bowl: FBC Mortgage Cure (Liberty 37, Coastal Carolina 34)
Starters Ret./Lost: 27/2 Lettermen R/L: 53/11

Weather Forecast: 71°/61° Showers Precipitation: 90% Humidity: 91% Wind: 8 mph

Where: 1972 University Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502

Stadium Policies (prohibited items): Williams Stadium Clear Bag Policy

Ticket Notes: Get Tickets Here

Television: ESPN3, Matt Warner (Play-by-Play) Joe Jauch (Color Analyst) Emily Austen (Sidelines)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Duane Hickey, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), SXM App 989, Varsity Network

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: The News and Advance (Lynchburg), , , ,

Message Boards:
A Sea of Red, , , , , ,

Blogs: aseaofred.com

Athletic site: https://www.liberty.edu/flames/, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: , Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Liberty Football: 2021 Flames Season Preview and Prediction, Liberty Flames: CFN College Football Preview 2021, , , ,

Game Notes:
Liberty Game Notes, MT game notes, CUSA Game Notes

Game Previews: Liberty vs Middle Tennessee Prediction, Game Preview, , , ,

Roster:
Flames, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @LibertyFootball, @CoachHughFreeze, @LFSNRadio, , @LUFlamesVoice, @ASeaofRed, @Liberty_Flames_, , ,

Hashtags:
#EXPLO21VE, #INFERNO22, , , ,

Facebook:
Liberty Flames Athletics, Liberty Flames Football

Youtube: Liberty University Flames, , ,

Instagram:
Liberty Football,

Last edited:

Anyone is welcome to come visit us over at the Liberty forum.

Like for any of you to visit Williams Stadium and hope you have a great visit. Hoping for a clean game and no injuries. You all are having a great beginning of your season. Bless you for beating the Thundering Turd.

Our mascot : Sparky the Eagle
School Song: Fan the Flames
Bowl record: 2-0
FBS year: 2019

Reactions: Predarat
I want to use the momentum from last night to be somewhat optimistic but Hugh Freeze vs Stockstill? If I were the odds maker I would set it about 3720 to 1. So i'm taking Liberty vs Spread and the Over. This will not be one of the 6.

Wasn't it 45-0 last time Stockstill went up against Freeze?

Expecting more of the same here. Liberty has to be a top play for this week. MT coming off an emotional home win, now going on the road against a superior opponent on their homecoming. We also had a ton of guys go down in that Marshall game, I bet we have tons of injuries. Stockstill will throw this game and rest them up for "more important" games. Liberty by 30.

Didn't take long to move to 19.5

I like it all the way up to 21. I have Liberty winning by around 28 points, but always a danger for a garbage TD in junk time to push that down to around 21. Books are just looking for even action. -19.5 will get them that. I still like Liberty

I like it all the way up to 21. I have Liberty winning by around 28 points, but always a danger for a garbage TD in junk time to push that down to around 21. Books are just looking for even action. -19.5 will get them that. I still like Liberty

what website are you using? I might have asked this before, but looking to get back into the action. I’m ready for the US to legalize it eventually everywhere.

I’m not in TN

Last edited:

Expecting more of the same here. Liberty has to be a top play for this week. MT coming off an emotional home win, now going on the road against a superior opponent on their homecoming. We also had a ton of guys go down in that Marshall game, I bet we have tons of injuries. Stockstill will throw this game and rest them up for "more important" games. Liberty by 30.

Stockstill throwing the game would indicate the ability to do that purposely. The same guy that in recent seasons have given us 12 men on the field, letting a full minute and a half run out in the shadow of goal posts at army, is like a deer in the headlights. Freeze plays chess while Stockstill finds checkers a mental challenge.

Just based off of what they did to UAB is evidence enough for me. Probably want to take the points.

Other than his rookie season at Bethune -Cookman in ‘84 Stock has one full Div. 1 season as a sole OC on his resume. He called the plays for John Thompson in their one season at ECU before being run out of town in 2003 for going 1-11.

This game really intrigues me. I'm really interested to see what MT team we get.

Do we get a confident team that's trying to win every game possible since winning conference isn't in the cards? Do we get a team that wants to turn in a big time upset and bring Liberty back down to earth? Do we get a coaching staff that want's some revenge after Hugh Freeze spanked that @$$ 45-0 last time they met in Jonesboro for the defacto SBC championship? Do we get a team that wants to prove last week was not a fluke, and that they can handle good competition week in week out?

OR

Do we get an emotionally drained team, that's bang and bruised up after the Marshall game (I can hear the injury excuses already), that just wants to focus on conference play and the 1% chance we can sneak in with 2 losses? Do we get a staff that just wants to keep it vanilla, install a half @$$ game plan filled with plays from previous games and no innovation, and instead focus on conference play? Does the Liberty game really matter?

If I'm the head coach you already know which way we'd be going.....but we are dealing with Rick "just another game" Stockstill here. I will say, Rick is on record talking about how he hates to lose, wants to win every game, etc....but sometimes that doesn't feel like the case

I truly believe that with a good game plan on offense we could give Liberty a run for their money. Probably not win the game without some help, but easily cover the spread. And you never know what can happen if you just keep a game close into the 4th quarter. Our defense and special teams is good enough to compete here if we can move the chains and be creative on offense. This is not an athletically superior team. They're an upper level G5 program that's heavy on juniors and seniors and has a very good NFL QB leading the way + a very good coaching staff. So yes, they're a pretty damn good football team, but they can be beaten.

Last edited:

I could be wrong, but I think Malzahn was coaching Arkansas State during the 45-0 beatdown.

Reactions: MT Glenn

- Middle Tennessee defeated Liberty, 27-7, during their only all-time head-to-head matchup on Sept. 18, 1982.
- Middle Tennessee is 3-13 straight up in its last 16 away games.
- The total has hit the under in four of Middle Tennessee's last six games.
- Liberty is 6-0 against the spread (ATS) in its last six home games.

- The total has hit the under in four of Liberty's last five games.

Liberty injuries

PlayerPOSInjuryStatus (Updated)Notes
BoydRBFootQues Sat(10/03/2021)Boyd missed the last four games with a foot injury, and it is uncertain if he will be available to play Saturday against Middle Tenn.
ColemanWRUndisclosedQues Sat(10/03/2021)Coleman missed the previous three games due to an unknown injury, and it is undetermined if he will play on Saturday against Middle Tenn.
HobbsTEUndisclosedQues Sat(10/03/2021)Hobbs is managing an undefined ailment, and it is unclear if he will play against Middle Tenn. on Saturday.
KourtisOLKneeOut Indefinitely(10/03/2021)Kourtis is dealing with an MCL sprain, it is unknown when he will return.
LoftonWRKneeQues Sat(10/03/2021)Lofton sat out the previous four games with a knee injury, and it has yet to be established if he will play against Middle Tenn. on Saturday.
StubbsWRFootQues Sat(10/03/2021)Stubbs missed the previous three games due to a foot injury, and it is unknown if he will suit up against Middle Tenn. on Saturday.

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting but I’ve been lurking in the shadows for awhile now. I am a newer fan, forgive my excitement for the program, and have a lot of interest in this game.
I am a grad student (work full time) at MTSU and was at the Marshall game this past week. Liberty is where I got my undergrad from so I’m probably more well versed on this team than anyone else. I was a season ticket holder for LU prior to starting at MTSU a year ago.
Liberty is a really good team and I fully expect us to lose. Let me know if you have questions and I’ll try to answer. Go Blue Raiders!

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting but I’ve been lurking in the shadows for awhile now. I am a newer fan, forgive my excitement for the program, and have a lot of interest in this game.
I am a grad student (work full time) at MTSU and was at the Marshall game this past week. Liberty is where I got my undergrad from so I’m probably more well versed on this team than anyone else. I was a season ticket holder for LU prior to starting at MTSU a year ago.
Liberty is a really good team and I fully expect us to lose. Let me know if you have questions and I’ll try to answer. Go Blue Raiders!
welcome to the board

Welcome to the board ewglenn
Good to have some excitement and optimism from a new fan. I remember those times.
Jump in and hang on!

Reactions: ewglenn

Game Day Central page

Other Links:

Official Kickoff:
3:35 p.m. (EST)

TV Coverage:
ESPN3 (LFSN TV Production)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Matt Warner
Color Commentator: Joe Jauch
Sideline Reporter: Emily Austen

Pregame Show: 2:30 p.m. (EST) on ESPN+