ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (24-4, 14-0) at Liberty (15-14, 10-4) Wed. 03-06, 6 pm ESPN+

MTFAN61

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2022
Middle Tennessee will take on its biggest challenge of the conference season this Wednesday when it travels to Lynchburg for its game against the Liberty Flames. The Raiders & the Flames are the 2 hottest teams in CUSA. Liberty is riding a 5 game winning streak, & #2 conference ranking while the Raiders are on a CUSA best 14 game winning streak. Liberty suffered one of its worst losses of the year in Murfreesboro earlier this year, & will be looking to even the score.
The Raiders caught fire in the 4th quarter after a sluggish defensive effort against Sam Houston in its last outing. Knowing a huge matchup was awaiting them in Lynchburg the Lady Raiders may have been caught looking ahead slightly to their game against Liberty. To paraphrase CRI post game "now that we've won the regular season we'll see how bad our desire is to go undefeated in conference." Liberty will likely have its biggest & rowdiest attended game of the year for the Raiders. In what will be a NCAA game atmosphere the Lady Raiders will need to fire on all cylinders for 40 minutes to pull out this season's toughest challenge.

Definitely going to be a tough test. Hope the girls come ready to play. We should beat them soundly, but as we know, anything can happen.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Definitely going to be a tough test. Hope the girls come ready to play. We should beat them soundly, but as we know, anything can happen.
Yes anything can happen, but I like the maturity of this team behind Whitson & Wheeler. Plus the added fire power that Scott, Gregory, & Boldyreva have makes MT a tough out. I know we don't want to give up that undefeated record, but if we do I think Liberty will have to really earn it Wednesday.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
MT trails by one after the first period. 15-16.

Team Comparison
STATISTICMTLU
FG%38%40%
FGs5-136-15
3FG%38%33%
3FGs3-81-3
FT%40%75%
FTs2-53-4
TOs12
PtsOffTO42
TotReb612
DefReb58
Off Reb14
2ndChPts26
BenchPts05
PtsPaint48
FstBkPt60
Blocks00
Steals10
Assts24
Times Tied:2
Time Tied:2:16
Lead Chg:4
LeadTime5:302:15

MT leads 34-23

Team Comparison
TEAMFG%FG3F%3FFT%FTTOPtTOREBORBSA
MT41%12-2940%6-1550%4-8212153265
LU30%9-3025%2-875%3-482259217

Team Comparison
STATISTICMTLU
FG%40%38%
FGs26-6520-53
3FG%33%27%
3FGs8-244-15
FT%58%62%
FTs7-128-13
TOs413
PtsOffTO216
TotReb3740
DefReb2126
Off Reb1614
2ndChPts1813
BenchPts69
PtsPaint2828
FstBkPt142
Blocks53
Steals92
Assts1013
Times Tied:4
Time Tied:2:47
Lead Chg:5
LeadTime34:402:34

Good win over a team that's playing really well. They are much better than their record, I think I remember you guys saying their non-conference schedule was legit. I thought Liberty's broadcast was pretty dang good as well as their announcers.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Absolutely fantastic win tonight. Liberty will be our likely opponent in the championship if all goes according to plan for both teams... This is our best road win of the year, and it came at the perfect time. Well done by the ladies, coaches!

Reactions: tyler90wm
Raiders just went in & out toughed a quality team on their home court. Possibly best defensive effort of the year. Liberty was frustrated by the Lady Raiders defensive tenacity all night. We played with grit without letting emotions take over. As game went along frustration started getting to Liberty because the MT defense was just too good. Boldyreva didn't have her best game, but she had some of her best play those last 3-4 minutes. Excellent rebounding & effort. Those 3 offensive rebounds & finishing with a layup was special. Even when our offense was not at its best tonight this was just a solid gutty win in which the Lady Raiders refused to lose.

I was extra proud of the hustle, defense and toughness. Liberty is a very good team.

Good win over a team that's playing really well. They are much better than their record, I think I remember you guys saying their non-conference schedule was legit. I thought Liberty's broadcast was pretty dang good as well as their announcers.
Good point about the Liberty broadcast tandem. Did a very good job. Impartial & had some insightful comments on MT's strategy to victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT