ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2021 BAHAMAS BOWL, Middle Tennessee (6-6, 4-4) vs. Toledo (7-5, 5-3) (ESPN) 11 a.m. CST, Friday, December 17, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

BAHAMAS BOWL (Nassau, Bahamas)
Friday, December 17
Middle Tennessee vs. Toledo (ESPN) 11 a.m. CST

Bowl: 2021 Bahamas Bowl

Opponent: Toledo

Where: Thomas Robinson Stadium, 25,000, Nassau, Bahamas

Television: ESPN, PxP - Kevin Negandhi; Analyst - Booger McFarland; Sideline - Katie George

Radio: WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts

Streaming: LISTEN / watchESPN

Live Stats: espn/bahamas bowl

Newspapers: Bahamas Tribune, ,

Message Boards:
ToledoLaunchpad

Blogs: ,

Athletic site:
utrockets.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: Toledo, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
Toledo Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Toledo Rockets, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: ,

Twitter:
@ToledoFB, @ToledoRockets,

Hashtags:
#ONErocket #LiftOff #ChaseYourPurpose #MACtion

Facebook:

Youtube:

Instagram: ,

Game Thread for 2015 Bahamas Bowl:
2015 Popeyes Bahamas Bowl (ESPN), 11AM, Thursday, December 24

Last edited:
I quit counting at 8-10 as a head coach (3-6) and assistant but I assume there were some games as a player at UTK and I could have missed one or two as an assistant.
Competing.

This early bowl game will give him a chance to really hit the recruiting trail running. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I'm probably a masochist, but part of me is hoping they're doing this because they'll all retire in two weeks.
They’ll all be with their enablers in Nassau next week, raising a glass to us on their impending retirements and toasting their two decade long .500 run. The new young guy running the BRAA is gonna be left to clean up the wreckage. He’s got a tough gig.

Last edited:
They’ll all be raising a glass to all of us on their impending retirements with their enablers in Nassau next week toasting their two decade long .500 run. The new young guy running the BRAA is gonna be left to clean up the wreckage. He’s got a tough gig.

Yup. I said essentially that to Justin when I dropped my membership $0.00 on March 25 and he asked if there was anything they could do. I told him it was far beyond him and that the leadership just kept making his job harder. He left not long after. I guess even selling Vandy’s shitshow is harder than this.

I’m convinced the athletic department is trolling us. I refuse to believe we employ people dump enough to think these celebrations are a good thing. I expect a post soon bragging about how Stock’s teams compete based on the fact he is only blown out in 1/3 of his 98 losses.

I would love to know his teams records in those bowl games
44-25-1 at Washington ‘93-‘98 (GA, TE, OL)
49-61 with West at Memphis ‘01-‘09 (OL)
3-9 with West/Callaway at UAB in 2011 (OL)
Not listed but he was a volunteer at UTM in 2012.
57-54 with Stockstill ‘13-‘21 (TE, Tackles, OL)
Bowls - MTSU 1-4, Memphis 3-6, Washington 1-3

Last edited:
44-25-1 at Washington ‘93-‘98 (GA, TE, OL)
49-61 with West at Memphis ‘01-‘09 (OL)
3-9 with West/Callaway at UAB in 2011 (OL)
Not listed but he was a volunteer at UTM in 2012.
57-54 with Stockstill ‘13-‘21 (TE, Tackles, OL)
Bowls - MTSU 1-4, Memphis 3-6, Washington 1-3

Overall bowl record of 5-13

Nice

No wonder he fits right in here at MT.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Yup. I said essentially that to Justin when I dropped my membership $0.00 on March 25 and he asked if there was anything they could do. I told him it was far beyond him and that the leadership just kept making his job harder. He left not long after. I guess even selling Vandy’s shitshow is harder than this.
I received a phone call yesterday asking me if I would like to purchase a bowl game ticket. I respectfully declined and told the young lady that I would be rooting for the team but I would not purchase a ticket until changes were made in the program. She did not seem surprised. Made me wonder if they are getting similar responses from others?

I’m convinced the athletic department is trolling us. I refuse to believe we employ people dump enough to think these celebrations are a good thing. I expect a post soon bragging about how Stock’s teams compete based on the fact he is only blown out in 1/3 of his 98 losses.
I have to agree. This smacks of being intentional. Why on earth would you promote something that is a well documented negative trigger to your customer base? Assistant coaches come and go regularly in college football, for either positive or negative reasons. I’ve never seen a school other than MTSU promote the “accomplishments” of assistant coaches outside of their media guide bios.

I received a phone call yesterday asking me if I would like to purchase a bowl game ticket. I respectfully declined and told the young lady that I would be rooting for the team but I would not purchase a ticket until changes were made in the program. She did not seem surprised. Made me wonder if they are getting similar responses from others?
Should have told him/her throw in a hotel room and airline tickets, then will consider it

I have to agree. This smacks of being intentional. Why on earth would you promote something that is a well documented negative trigger to your customer base? Assistant coaches come and go regularly in college football, for either positive or negative reasons. I’ve never seen a school other than MTSU promote the “accomplishments” of assistant coaches outside of their media guide bios.
looks like they are trolling you personally, since the 2 coaches that came from Memphis

looks like they are trolling you personally, since the 2 coaches that came from Memphis
LOL! I watched the infamous 10/27/09 Tuesday night ECU 4,100 attendance game on ESPN2 in the grill of the Nashville Hilton. UTK hung 58 on them the following Saturday (11/7) and the entire staff was gone the next morning. TW still got his 10 min. rant in with the media but there were no congratulatory bowl participation tweets or social media releases from the school. They were too busy chasing Stock. 😂😂

And 12 years later………here we are.

Last edited:
This smacks of being intentional. Why on earth would you promote something that is a well documented negative trigger to your customer base? I’ve never seen a school other than MTSU promote the “accomplishments” of assistant coaches outside of their media guide bios.
That's what you get out of garbage government employees

First CRS, then Tommy West, and now they did a Rick Mallory post for the bowl touting "Trench Mob" 🙄. Trench foot is more like it with this guy at the helm because the o-line plays like they all have it. It's the trifecta of poor FB coaching here at MT and they're acting like they've got the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Unbelievable!

Current odds are:
Toledo -10 per, Draft Kings, Bet MGM, & Wynn.
Toledo -10.5 per Westgate
Toledo -5.5 per William Hill (not familiar with personally)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I wonder what kind of bowl beating this one will be? History says it's a CRS coached team trademark to receive a pretty bad beat down on a relatively big stage AND a bowl game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT