ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2021 BAHAMAS BOWL, Middle Tennessee (6-6, 4-4) vs. Toledo (7-5, 5-3) (ESPN) 11 a.m. CST, Friday, December 17, 2021

Reactions: Hop45
Three others before this post predicted Toledo 45-24, 49-14, 45-17.

Since I am the model definition of average, my prediction is 45-18.

Toledo Deck
*ding*
Toledo Deck
(too bad many of us will probably never be able to go on a cruise again, at least not until the emerging parallel economy for freedom-lovers gains more members)

T-minus 1 hour, 50 minutes until kickoff. I'm the boss, so I'm taking off today to watch the game.

Talking about Stock at start of game (16 years...Booger said "consistency"....ya think!)

But this stuck out.
Has coached 6 draft picks.

6....in 16 years...6....really? I didn't realize it was that low.

I'm hoping if they pull it out, CRS retires. Wouldn't it be nice?

That's exactly what I told my wife this morning. She made fun of me for hunting my blue underoos and MT socks. She said "I thought you wanted them to lose so the coach is fired".

I said "I want the players to always win. I want Stock to win so he will retire. We can't afford to buy him out and he won't retire on a bad note."

I've only been able to watch a little bit on my phone at work, but we actually look like a football team today. D playing well and offensive play calling has been better.

Defense has been fantastic and the offensive play calling has honestly been really good. Toledo kept falling for the QB run and we took advantage of it. Great runs from Pettaway finally too.

Impressive as hell. Underdogs always seem to bark in bowl season and I was skeptical if we would be one of those teams, but we were.

We've had a championship defense and special teams all year. Just been very suspect on offense and our defense did have a few bad games.

We came to play today and didn't back down. Defense dominated up front outside of a few plays and the offense held their own long enough to bust a few key plays for TD's. Offense definitely surprised today with a quiet 400+ yards and Vattiato with 270 through the air. We did what we had to do to win.

Been a while since I felt like we outcoached a team. Make no mistake, Toledo has athletes and can play with most teams in the country. We do too but today we won because our coaches put our guys in a great position to win. Excellent game plans from Shafer and 1st year OC Dearmon. Stock wasn't overly conservative either and made all the right decisions down the stretch.

I'm really wondering if Shafer will get some looks after we led the FBS in forced turnovers and really had a pretty damn good defense outside of a few bad games.

Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
I'm happily eating my words. Great hard fought game. The 18 & 12 combo worked again. The D held a powerful offense in check. We made a ton of mistakes but did what we had to. It was a lot like the FAU game in many ways.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
really nice win! Our coaches had a better plan than Toledo. I will never understand why they didn’t run 22 every play. He averaged 7 yards per carry and never saw the ball in the 4th quarter ….

Reactions: subkyle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT