ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2021 BAHAMAS BOWL, Middle Tennessee (6-6, 4-4) vs. Toledo (7-5, 5-3) (ESPN) 11 a.m. CST, Friday, December 17, 2021

really nice win! Our coaches had a better plan than Toledo. I will never understand why they didn’t run 22 every play. He averaged 7 yards per carry and never saw the ball in the 4th quarter ….

The Toledo fans are ready to crucify their HC on a hill. Some really bad decisions from the Toledo HC. Kicking that 43 yard field goal in the 3rd quarter on 4th and 3 was another absolutely terrible decision. You have to go for it there unless you've got a superstar FG kicker, which they do not. Very shaky kicker at best.

I will never understand why they didn’t run 22 every play. He averaged 7 yards per carry and never saw the ball in the 4th quarter ….
Yeah, he has been great all year, averaging 6.7 yards a carry on 190 attempts. In this game he had 126 yards on 18 attempts.

Maybe he got injured.

Watching a board meltdown and knowing you caused it is very satisfying. I guess this is what stock, 7 wood, and massaro must feel daily!

• Haha
Reactions: ewglenn
Good game to watch, good win for MTSU, great way to start the Bowl Season and great way to end the 2021 season for MTSU. The players should be proud of themselves.

I'm already looking forward to next September and Missouri visiting Murfreesboro to start the season.

Looking forward to seeing the Mens Basketball team continue their successful start to their season.

Omg - someone please tell me we are recruiting a kicker. When I saw that first extra point attempt that looked horrible and barely went through I thought maybe Stockstill was going to start taking the kicks. the remainder of the attempts looked horrible.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Great game from the guys. I’m really proud to say I’m True Blue today! Outside of the 90 yard blown coverage TD and the 4th down TD we were dominating. Explosive plays were there for Toledo but that was mostly from selling out to stop the run. I’m excited for next year and that Missouri game. I think our coordinators are the real deal. Huge game from Vattiato. I think that is being lost in the shuffle. Great to see him finish the season strong after that WKU game. I’m looking forward to seeing him develop in the future. Now let’s start building those facilities! Go Blue!

This should be a springboard for recruiting. Hopefully it will be.
I wonder what recruiting restrictions Rick has to deal with? For example, I don't think he signs partial qualifiers.

I know that Boots and Andy signed prop 48 and partial qualifiers, and I think that is the case with most G5 schools and lower divisions.

I believe P5 conferences allow two partial qualifiers per class.

Omg - someone please tell me we are recruiting a kicker. When I saw that first extra point attempt that looked horrible and barely went through I thought maybe Stockstill was going to start taking the kicks. the remainder of the attempts looked horrible.

The look on Stock's face after the missed field goal before halftime said it all.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Great game from the guys. I’m really proud to say I’m True Blue today! Outside of the 90 yard blown coverage TD and the 4th down TD we were dominating. Explosive plays were there for Toledo but that was mostly from selling out to stop the run. I’m excited for next year and that Missouri game. I think our coordinators are the real deal. Huge game from Vattiato. I think that is being lost in the shuffle. Great to see him finish the season strong after that WKU game. I’m looking forward to seeing him develop in the future. Now let’s start building those facilities! Go Blue!
Agreed. Vattiato can sling it. Nice to see.

I wasn't able to watch, but was in that small area that can receive the radio broadcast. Chip and Wes both said that a Toledo player got a hand on it.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

Last edited:

100%. Great way to go into the offseason.

Needs to give Bug Ferg a little love on the D-Line too. Had a good game and was the reason Wood had the opportunity to make that pick.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
What’s even more laughable is that nearly 70,000 UT and Purdue fans filled Nissan stadium to watch a great game, UTK got prime time TV exposure, yet we send what, maybe a couple a hundred folks to The Bahamas with an “official” attendance of 13,596? I hope our ticket office will be able to handle the run on 2022 season tickets.😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT