Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

Bowl: 2015 Popeye's Bahamas Bowl

Opponent: Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008

Where: Thomas Robinson Stadium, 25,000, Nassau, Bahamas

Television: ESPN

Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst:

Streaming: audio / watchESPN

Live Stats:
espn/bahamas bowl

Newspapers: Bahamas Tribune, Kalamazoo Gazette,

Message Boards: Bronco Stampede Football,

Blogs: ,

Athletic site: wmubroncos.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides:
Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:
Western Michigan (Orlando Sentinel #74), Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #53)

Game Notes:
WMU Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Broncos, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
Campus Insiders - Western Michigan vs. Middle Tennessee Game Preview,
Twitter:
@WMU_Football,

Hashtags: #RowTheBoat, #BlueRaiders, #StormTheBeach #BahamasBowl #QuemeLosBarcos

Facebook: Western Michigan University Athletics,

Youtube: WMU Athletics,

Instagram:
wmu_football,

Last edited:
Bahamas Tribune:

Teams All Set For Popeyes Bahamas Bowl

...the first team to accept the bid to participate in the second year of the event has distinct Bahamian roots at the administrative level.

The Middle Tennessee State University Blue Raiders will represent Conference-USA in the bowl on Thursday, December 24 in Nassau’s Thomas A Robinson National Stadium.

Following a 42-7 win in their regular season finale Saturday night, President of the University, Bahamian native Dr Sidney McPhee, was on-hand in the Blue Raiders locker room to officially notify the team of their opportunity.

This will be the fifth bowl game appearance, and the first since the 2013 Armed Forces Bowl, for the Blue Raiders, all under head coach Rick Stockstill, who is in his 10th season at the school.

McPhee was born in Mayaguana before he moved to Nassau and graduated from the former Highbury High School, now the RM Bailey Secondary School.

As the president of the largest university in the state of Tennessee for the past 15 years, McPhee said he was proud to have participated in past bowl games, but he’s even more enthusiastic about what they are bringing here with the Bahamas Bowl.

In his capacity as a member of the NCAA Board of Directors and the NCAA Executive Committee, McPhee was involved in promotion for the inaugural event in 2014 and touted the game as a great opportunity for the Bahamas.

“I know a good opportunity in athletics when I see one,” McPhee said. “The Bahamas is emerging now on a once in a lifetime opportunity to showcase, not only the beauty of the sun and the sand and all of that, but the beautiful culture, the people, the history, that the world has yet to see. “When people typically think about the Bahamas, they think about coming to the beaches. There’s no other place like the Bahamas. But the people and the culture and the history is an opportunity for the government of the Bahamas to display around the world in terms of being displayed on ESPN. So this is an opportunity that this country needs to seize and run with it.”

He said although he has lived in the US for the past 35 years, he called it a pleasure to bring such an incredible and exciting game to the Bahamas.

“As a native son, I am beaming with pride. You are going to embark on a journey that will tell the world that the Bahamas is the place to be for culture, for sports, for education, for beauty, you name it,” McPhee said. “This country is going to make its mark and I’m looking forward to a longtime commitment.” .....

Loved the speech by the HC after their bowl reveal.

WMU video was fantastic, made me happy for them.

Meanwhile, of all the bowl games, I think this one is a nice reward for the players.

Thought it would be more...
About what I expected. I think I predicted 1-3 in another thread. I think we are pretty even but they have a little more hype after beating Toledo and playing MSU close. More folks will be betting on them. I am cautiously optimistic. Being a dog can be a good thing in a bowl. Keeps you hungry amidst all the distractions.

I have a headache trying to understand all these stats!

One thing that stuck out to me was WMU QB was sacked 29 times. We much get to him and often to slow them down.

It's been over four decades since I struggled through Advanced Statistical Analysis in college. Was hoping some of you guys that that stuff is still fresh for you could help interpret.

It's gonna be cool to see Brent at the pressers for the next 3 years. He's a sharp young man. I can't wait for our game next week.

Got a robocall from Brent yesterday promoting the Bowl game (or a donation). Huge grammatical error. Bad reflection on lots of people but primarily, from my perspective, on the MT English dept. and the Athletic Dept.

Once again: Where is the person in charge of what the athletic department puts out to the public?

Was it, "Come support the team and I....". If so, I caught it too.

ADVERTISEMENT