ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Western Kentucky (ESPN3), Homecoming, 1:30PM, Saturday, October 15, 2016

Just got off the phone with a long time Blue Raider who drives in from out of state for the home games. He was unhappy about the decision to not go for the 4th down conversion and instead to give the ball back to wku with a minute and a half. And we talked for a good while about it. If you are a championship coach you go for it and maintain control of your destiny - do not let wku have the ball to go down and score with a minute and thirty seconds let.

I will add who do you trust more with the game in jeopardy, Tony Franklin? or Tyrone Nix?

The upshot of the discussion with this long time MT fan, a fan longer than I have been a fan, is that we do not have a coach who is willing to lay it all on the line. We do not have a coach who has championships in his future or our future.

I will say - the only reason we give to BRAA is basketball. We will continue but this is just pathetic. I am over Coach Stock. We need a change, ASAP.

This loss violated two cardinal rules of Blue Raider Athletics: 1. Win Homecoming and 2. Beat Western Kentucky State College (our oldest rival dating to 1914). It's going to be hard to call it a good year when these two things happen.

Just got off the phone with a long time Blue Raider who drives in from out of state for the home games. He was unhappy about the decision to not go for the 4th down conversion and instead to give the ball back to wku with a minute and a half. And we talked for a good while about it. If you are a championship coach you go for it and maintain control of your destiny - do not let wku have the ball to go down and score with a minute and thirty seconds let.

I will add who do you trust more with the game in jeopardy, Tony Franklin? or Tyrone Nix?

The upshot of the discussion with this long time MT fan, a fan longer than I have been a fan, is that we do not have a coach who is willing to lay it all on the line. We do not have a coach who has championships in his future or our future.

Today's game separated the men from boys, as far as C-USA goes this year. Yes, its one point and one play, potentially. Remember in 2006, when MT had a 20-7 lead against Troy with about 3:30 or so left (may have been a little less even). Troy came back, and converted 4th and 17 and beat us 21-20. One point again. That was for a championship. Today was for a championship, for all intent and purposes. It was Homecoming, and I always recall Boots saying (in paraphrase), you have to win Homecoming. This loss is really tough. It set the program back one, perhaps two years.

I know many are upset about Stock and the decision to not go for it on 4th and 1 but can we talk about Stock's decision to keep an inept D-Coordinator. At one point in the 1st half WKU had a 1st and 25 and they convert for about 3 yards. WKU drives down field 75 plus yards with no timeouts. It makes no sense how bad our defense is and we have the highest paid d-coordinator in the conference. This is unacceptable. Apparently one of their players said in the post game that after they blocked the PAT in OT they knew we couldn't stop them. That's not something you're supposed to be able to say about the defense led by... THE HIGHEST PAID DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE CONFERENCE

I know many are upset about Stock and the decision to not go for it on 4th and 1 but can we talk about Stock's decision to keep an inept D-Coordinator. At one point in the 1st half WKU had a 1st and 25 and they convert for about 3 yards. WKU drives down field 75 plus yards with no timeouts. It makes no sense how bad our defense is and we have the highest paid d-coordinator in the conference. This is unacceptable. Apparently one of their players said in the post game that after they blocked the PAT in OT they knew we couldn't stop them. That's not something you're supposed to be able to say about the defense led by... THE HIGHEST PAID DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE CONFERENCE

They never adjusted the defense at all the entire game.

They rushed 4 every single play, and dropped 7, and it didn't matter because White had all day to just find the open man.

They never adjusted. They never blitzed. They let the WKU QB pick them apart from the first play to the last. The only time we stopped them was when they shot themselves in the foot.

And speaking of coaches not earning their keep - WTF is Tommy West doing on this staff? The 4 pass rushers didn't do a single thing all day.

Forget going for it on 4th down. Why in the world do you throw it on first down when they only have one timeout left? We threw and the pass was incomplete which stopped the clock. If you run it, they burn the timeout and now, you have second, third down to burn clock with. That wins your game and there is no 4th down needed because we would have converted more than likely or they would have had 35 less seconds left. That lost the game imo.

They never adjusted the defense at all the entire game.

They rushed 4 every single play, and dropped 7, and it didn't matter because White had all day to just find the open man.

They never adjusted. They never blitzed. They let the WKU QB pick them apart from the first play to the last. The only time we stopped them was when they shot themselves in the foot.

And speaking of coaches not earning their keep - What is Tommy West doing on this staff? The 4 pass rushers didn't do a single thing all day.
I paid special attention to the MT pass rush throughout the game. It was not impressive. Guys did not do a good job of coming off blocks (

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT