ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Western Kentucky (ESPN3), Homecoming, 1:30PM, Saturday, October 15, 2016

How can you not complete a screen pass in that situation? It's literally pitch and catch.

i cant believe we just punted the ball away to WKU with 1:31 left only up 3

our coaches are blind. we got exactly what we deserved.

wku should have went for it on that last play. Had us. New ball game. I actually give us advantage in overtime play.

Stocks coaching at end was horrid.

oh well. you play not to lose in big games and you're going to lose. i guess our coach will never learn that. stubborn old fvck

we got exactly what we deserved

i guarantee if Tony Franklin was the head coach we would have gone for it on 4th and 1

I am so fvcking sick of Stockstill and his bullshit approach to games. He is nothing but a fvcking road block for our program with his terrible decision making and inability to win big games. WILL HE EVER LEARN THAT SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA GROW A PAIR? HOLY $HIT DUDE????

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I am done with Stock. How many big games can we woefully underperform? I almost drove from Charlotte for this game but with it being a "big" game, I had a feeling it would be a waste of money. I was right.

i guarantee if Tony Franklin was the head coach we would have gone for it on 4th and 1

I'm actually more bothered by the 3rd down call immediately before the FG to go up 3. We had a short side run after we had essentially passed down field. We settled and it bit us.

@CoachStock Why wouldn't you go for it on 4th and 1 and end the game? Mathers was averaging 6.5 YPC....

I just don't see how anyone can continue to support this staff and team.

Yeah, I get the whole guilt trip alum gotta-support-my-school thing. Other than that, can anyone give me a good reason? Has anyone seen anything that shows that we're moving forward as a program?

This program is not a championship program, and even worse, it shows no evidence of even striving to be one.

Oh, I'm sure we'll "compete" in some meaningless November games against the dregs of the conference. We'll "compete" in a no-name bowl game against a Sunbelt, MAC, or other team, and after the blow out we'll talk about how we "competed".

It's just sickening.

I've said it many times before, but I am fvcking DONE with this team. I just can't do it anymore. When I'm sitting at home and have more foresight than our head coach, then there's a big problem. I'm sick and tired of watching one talented squad after another go down in flames in big games because of an incompetent, stubborn old man who refuses to adapt his "play not to lose" philosophy. FVCK YOU

I am going to put the phone down. I need a break from this garbage. Stocks post game interview: we did everything we could have done to win....I don't know what else we could do...we competed.

This is not the guy. I drove up here st the last minute. Going to reclaim my weekend.

I am going to put the phone down. I need a break from this garbage. Stocks post game interview: we did everything we could have done to win....I don't know what else we could do...we competed.

This is not the guy. I drove up here st the last minute. Going to reclaim my weekend.
I was eating lunch today with a fraternity brother and fellow MT alum. We were talking about the Blue Raider football program. I told him that I quit giving to the BRAA out of frustration. He said that he too quit giving to the BRAA when he found out how much we were paying Rick Stockstill.

They were one play better than us today and I don't consider that one play to be the missed extra point. It was the pass on second down with 2 minutes left in the game.

Oh well...sun will come up again tomorrow. Beat Mizzou next week and we'll forget all about this.

The sad thing is, I think there's a serious disconnect within the powers-that-be at MT, and the fan base they're trying to capture and/or retain.

The powers see a 6-6 season, with a bowl game loss, and consider it a success - and wonder why the fans aren't supporting the team and the donor base is dwindling.

The fan base, OTOH, is tired of being continually disappointed - over and over again, for the far better part of a decade. No one wants to invest their time and money in something that continually makes them feel bad, or sends them home frustrated.

Like I said before - a game like this (or the Vandy game) carries far more weight than normal for a game that's just a simple W or L in the column. I don't care if you win 3 in November against teams from 1,000 miles away that people haven't heard of. No one cares.

I was eating lunch today with a fraternity brother and fellow MT alum. We were talking about the Blue Raider football program. I told him that I quit giving to the BRAA out of frustration. He said that he too quit giving to the BRAA when he found out how much we were paying Rick Stockstill.
Add me to the list David

I'm actually more bothered by the 3rd down call immediately before the FG to go up 3. We had a short side run after we had essentially passed down field. We settled and it bit us.
TF loves the short side runs (and if memory serves me correct, the short side runs are always opposite of trips to the field) He's been doing it all year. Mathers had a 50+ yard TD against BG on a short side run IIRC.

Any thoughts on actual attendance. I thought around 15,000 in the stadium, which was really disappointing. Could not have asked for a better day as a fan.

Pathetic performance by our coach. I'm done with Stock. Not going for it on 4th and 1 made us lose in 2 OT, that is just inexcusable

ADVERTISEMENT