ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Syracuse (ACC Extra), 2:30 PM, Saturday, September 9, 2017

Way to go Blue Raiders!!! Very thankful for this win! Offense came alive when required and defense has come of age. Let's go defeat the Golden Gophers next week! :cool:

Going to be a tall task, especially with Brady missing the first half. Minny will be somewhere between Syracuse and Vandy (and prolly closer to Vandy)

We are going to have to play A LOT better @ Minny to win that game than we did today. We're so fortunate to come away with a victory. Way too many turnovers and negative plays today, but thankful we got the win.

Basically that he was proud of what he did considering what he was fighting against. Then said he shouldn't talk about it over the radio

Basically that he was proud of what he did considering what he was fighting against. Then said he shouldn't talk about it over the radio

Great. Sounds like another broken clavicle then.

Appeared to be pretty exciting. All I had to follow the game was via CBSSports app gametracker. Couldn't get the ESPN3 link to work.

It was weird...we looked inept at times, well a lot of the time on offense. We made more mistakes...and somehow we won. I wasn't feeling good till the time expired. Our D was amazing.

Reactions: arg3b
In my older age, I'm more hesitant to talk trash to or about a team you just beat. Sportsmanship and class sort of thing. With that said, hopefully this is understood as just some fun. I was really wanting one of the players or coaches to yell to one of the cameras at the end, "that was for knocking our basketball team out of the tournament two seasons ago!"

Reactions: SpaceRaider
In my older age, I'm more hesitant to talk trash to or about a team you just beat. Sportsmanship and class sort of thing. With that said, hopefully this is understood as just some fun. I was really wanting one of the players or coaches to yell to one of the cameras at the end, "that was for knocking our basketball team out of the tournament two seasons ago!"

Given the epic whine fest on twitter/social media yesterday after their loss in football, I can not imagine the level of sour grapes a loss to MT in the NCAA tourney would have resulted. It's as if you combined vandy and wku fans at their absolute worst and then squared it.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I loved reading their message board. LOL. "We cheated and we're awful with no class." Here's the thing. We did have a lot of dumb unnecessary penalties. No doubt. However, they got 15 yards each time we got called which was a lot. They still couldn't take advantage of the sweet field position we kept giving them. That's on them not us. Brady being ejected was not a good call. He never touched his head. Brady now has to sit out the first half of the Minny game. Glad it's not a conference game. I'm not even that mad about our penalties. It's nice to see us play with some fire and emotion. It's a violent tough game and it's a personal one as well. We didn't have a bunch of penalties vs. Vandy and we got rolled. I'm good with playing a little pissed off. :)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
This has to hurt more than anything else....

Yea, beating them AND taking the money and running is sort of adding insult to injury.

I imagine so much of their outrage is rooted in ignorance. Ignorance in the sense that I imagine a ton of their people had preconceived notions about a non-P5 team, from the south, and with a name/brand identity that suggested to them they were playing run of the mill FCS team x. While I was hesitant to call outright for a victory over Cuse on Saturday after the terrible Vandy game performance, I thought all week circumstances were aligning for MT to have a decent shot to win.

Cuse has recently been getting a little better. Then in week 1, Cuse plays and promptly demolishes Central Conn St. I mean you couldn't write that script better. This may have been one of the few rare times that MT's terrible name and brand problem actually helped with a game. Meanwhile back in Middle Tennessee, MT gets beat by Vandy in a fairly ugly fashion. I bet no matter how much that coach tried to warn people about the game, a bunch of their people were thinking here we go again with another Central Conn St. which they dominated and thrashed. Afterall even their name is the same. Plus, they lost big to Vandy. Then an angry and hungry MT commenced to disabuse them of their flawed notions.

The downside, MT will likely have Minn full attention. Even though Minn seems to be a pretty good team, they're not invincible. It will be a tougher test, but at least there is some chance if MT brings the A game.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I loved reading their message board. LOL. "We cheated and we're awful with no class." Here's the thing. We did have a lot of dumb unnecessary penalties. No doubt. However, they got 15 yards each time we got called which was a lot. They still couldn't take advantage of the sweet field position we kept giving them. That's on them not us. Brady being ejected was not a good call. He never touched his head. Brady now has to sit out the first half of the Minny game. Glad it's not a conference game. I'm not even that mad about our penalties. It's nice to see us play with some fire and emotion. It's a violent tough game and it's a personal one as well. We didn't have a bunch of penalties vs. Vandy and we got rolled. I'm good with playing a little pissed off. :)

I think you are right about having somewhat of nasty attitude to possibly help you fight to win. A few of those penalties though were pretty bad in that they were so costly in the game. You know, personal foul when MT could and should have been getting the ball back. Change of possession type penalties are brutal. I would have liked to see MT moderate that nastiness a little to strike the balance of maybe a penalty or two instead of a handful that have big effects on change of direction of the game.

On the Brady penalty, I could see him getting flag but I thought the targeting the head and ejection were overblown and fairly bogus. I could see the flag for not the late contact, but you could see he was putting a little something extra into the forearm push thing. Credit for the defense for stepping up without him and getting the job done.

... I thought all week circumstances were aligning for MT to have a decent shot to win.

Cuse has recently been getting a little better. Then in week 1, Cuse plays and promptly demolishes Central Conn St. I mean you couldn't write that script better. This may have been one of the few rare times that MT's terrible name and brand problem actually helped with a game. Meanwhile back in Middle Tennessee, MT gets beat by Vandy in a fairly ugly fashion. I bet no matter how much that coach tried to warn people about the game, a bunch of their people were thinking here we go again with another Central Conn St. which they dominated and thrashed. Afterall even their name is the same. Plus, they lost big to Vandy. Then an angry and hungry MT commenced to disabuse them of their flawed notions......

I thought of this cuse fan's tweet when I read this...

Reactions: dukewayne
Who was it, Minter that took the dive when the DL guy was late running off the field. That was pretty bad looking. The announcers comment of lookout a sniper is out and dropping guys from out of nowhere. That cracked me up. What I didn't find so funny were the announcers continued complaining about it being a cheap ridiculous move that MT got away with and was rewarded. Further complaining that he wasn't even going to sit down a play. What it appeared that they failed to mention is that the refs did handle appropriately in charging MT a timeout. The stop in play and his immediate return without a timeout being charged would have been unfair, but that is not what happened.

I have to admit, I wondered a couple of times if the defensive players were going for some acting awards. Maybe they were injured, but it was a little suspicious given the circumstances. Hey reminds me of a funny saying from back in the Army, "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

Good win, tough like others I could not get ESPN3 to work, it flaked the entire 1st qtr so I switched to the radio. The D looked awesome, hope the OL can get fixed or MT might be figuring out how good their QB3 is or running the Wildcat by conference play.

As for the streaming - It didn't start at 2:30 as advertised but did start as the game began on my system (WatchESPN app on Roku using AT&T wi-fi). Feed was good except for homer announcers (and the lengthy interview).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT