ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ FAU, 3PM, Saturday, October 12, 2019

What else do I have to celebrate? Yay! we got our a$$es beat. Yay! I saw this game coming like a freight train in the dark. FAU's offense is the best in the league and we were gonna run out of juice. It just stood to reason after 7:00 to go in the 3rd.
After a loss you celebrate nothing. At least real fans don’t. Definitely do not celebrate making money off your team’s loss. Fans like you have nothing to complain about because you get what you deserve. If you think the administration and coaching staff is bad look in the mirror. I guarantee I would trade a win over the money you made on our loss today.

I thought it was an entertaining game that came down to the last few possessions. When they went for it on 4th down and caught a prayer it really hurt. Definitely not the train wreck bowl game many predicted and definitely not a bad team with bad coach’s. They beat the preseason favorite and came very close to winning today.

Y’all go cheer for Alabama or the patriots . I’ll keep the boys in blue!

Hmmm? I must have a watched different college football game today involving the Blue Raiders. What I saw was Florida Atlantic score 16 unanswered points to win 28-13 over the Blue Raiders after having a slim 13-12 halftime lead. That wasn't the last few possessions where the game was decided...it was a entire half of football where no points were scored by the Blue Raiders! Also, what I saw today were turnovers (3 INTs), a blocked PAT returned for 2 points, and a 38 yard FG that was missed early in fourth quarter. On the other hand, FAU QB Robison effectively moved the ball and used clock in the fourth quarter to salt the game away with a touchdown. Lane Kiffin outcoached us and made needed adjustments, while we let the game slip away. It's what it is: a decisive conference loss which effectively ruins our outright C-USA championship chances for 2019.

After a loss you celebrate nothing. At least real fans don’t. Definitely do not celebrate making money off your team’s loss. Fans like you have nothing to complain about because you get what you deserve. If you think the administration and coaching staff is bad look in the mirror. I guarantee I would trade a win over the money you made on our loss today.
LOL! U mad bro?

Yep we definitely watched two different games today. Apparently Mine was much more enjoyable. : ) yours sounded like a real downer? Asher is fun to watch and great seeing some receivers emerge. FAU does not convert that 4th and 6 it’s a different out come.

Oh well, live to fight another day. Go blue raiders!

It's hard to have fun watching a team that can't stop anyone on 3rd down. Or a defense that can't seem to prevent anyone from rushing for 200 yards. We are a program that refuses to be "good." We're always just the same. Same mediocre team in a really bad conference.

Asher played his worst game today.
But wasn't helped by anyone. OL can't really run block so we have no run game. They make up for that in the fact they don't really pass block all that well either - at least without getting a bunch of holding calls.
Receivers dropped about a half dozen balls today. I think Ty dropped three by himself. What the hell? Why do we have key starting receivers like Ty who have played three or four years who keep dropping the ball? Ty is just another example of a player who has regressed under the coaching staff.

There was nothing exciting about watching that game today. It was painful. So many mistakes. I'm tired of just being ok. One day it would be nice to be good...and watch a team that could play a four quarters without the other team (aka Marshall) gifting the game to us with turnovers.

You mean like that one day just LAST YEAR when we beat UAB to have the best record in conference and host the conference championship game?

I will never understand why some of you follow this program with such self loathing venom and unrealistic expectations. It would be comical if not for my concern for your mental health. Rat poison for the rest of us though...

You mean like that one day just LAST YEAR when we beat UAB to have the best record in conference and host the conference championship game?

I will never understand why some of you follow this program with such self loathing venom and unrealistic expectations. It would be comical if not for my concern for your mental health. Rat poison for the rest of us though...

But, we did not defeat the UAB Blazers in the game that counted on December 1, 2018. That game was for all the marbles: We. Got. Close. But, we forgot to count to 12 in having that many on the field. UAB carried the trophy out of Floyd Stadium that day. We also needed the FIU Golden Panthers to drop a game to get us to that said Conference Championship Game and host. Very fortunate to get there and it was nice seeing the game hosted in Murfreesboro and broadcast on the CBS Sports Network.

No, my expectations as a fan are quite realistic. Our football program should be reaching championship games at least once in a players 4-5 year career (on average). It's been 27 years since we won an outright championship (Ohio Valley Conference); and we won co-championships in the Sun Belt in 2001 and 2006. That's about it in the last 30 years beyond the aforementioned Championship Game (we do have some 1-AA playoff games from 1989-92). We have some bowl games, but have only won 2 of those (think we're 2-6 overall in modern history). Our record is 2-4 and 1-1 in conference so far this year. In theory, could we win out, make the championship game again: mathematically possible, but improbable. Today's 15 point loss to the FAU Owls effectively ruined our chances for a return trip this year because we need FAU Owls to lose twice. WKU defeated Army tonight in Bowling Green and that game now appears to be tougher than the pre-season forecast. North Texas is in the same boat as we with their USM loss--that will be a tall order, based on how things have been. Maybe we'll get a gift like the Marshall game somewhere...who knows, one game at a time?

But, championships are no accident, they have to be earned. And, what we've seen over the years is precious few opportunities...when we've had them, our performance has been generally not satisfactory in the games that matter the most. That's what fans are upset and frustrated over is the lack of progress beyond "we compete".

Last edited:
So we got to the championship last year and now it’s a rebuilding year. This will be a nice season with a few wins setting the stage for a conference championship run next year! Who knows we might even win the pinstripe bowl against Rutgers in 2022. No promises though : )

I don’t expect miracles. I expect progression.

A staff that has been here upteen years should never have to have a rebuilding year. Every single freshman that comes to the program should be redshirted. Spend that year learning the playbook, bulking up, honing their skills so that when they begin play they are a true skilled position player.

I expect those players to put up better numbers year after year. To improve.

I expect as well at least twice within every 4-5 year period to make it to the championship game and at least one of those times win it. We should be in that game at minimum every 3 years.

I expect this administration to schedule money games but those with which we can win. The ones we can’t win, I expect us to give them hell and put a scare in them. If we aren’t playing to win every single game then no sense in playing.

A school like ours shouldn’t shoot for a national championship or even playoffs. I’m ok with that. But there is no. None. Zero. Reason we can’t schedule and win respectable games, compete for conference championships and be a ranked team. Top 10, no. Top 25, absolutely.

This staff and this administration is incapable of any of that. Will I still wear my blue and cheer them on, absolutely. Hell. I won a jersey from the school last week during the Marshall game and am proud of it. But that doesn’t mean I’m not gonna let how this team is handled slide. None of us should.

It's a rebuilding year. This program and coaching staff screwed the pooch last year with their best shot to win a conference championship. Not happy with where we are, but it's about what I expected. for this season to this point, actually one win better. I thought we would be 1-5 at this point. I thought we would lose to fau, and picked MT to lose by 18 points. The Raiders are who we thought they would be.

Last year was what...another .500ish season. We lost our fourth straight to Vandy. Blown out again.

We beat two teams with a winning record. Marshall and UAB but then lost the one that really counted. Last year was fools gold season. But this isn't about last year. It's this year and then more broadly about the entire Stockstill era.

My point is this. Even though I expected us to be not a good team this year because of a dearth of talent it's a completely different situation in the way we are losing.

1. We make way too many mistakes for a program that has the rare opportunity to have its head coach and coordinators and even many of its positions coaches having been in the program for years. We make mistakes that should only happen in first year coaching situations as players adapt. We have stability and still make junior high mistakes. No excuse for that.

2. Our team is soft. We have a handful of guys that really bring it every week. Like Blankenship. But we have a bunch of delicate flowers that get pushed around on both sides of the ball.

3. And lastly back to the lack of talent. We shouldn't just brush that aside. Our recruiting trails our colleagues. That plus all the mistakes showed yesterday in very obvious ways.

This is not a rebuilding year. This is a team that got a little lucky in league play last year but is trending in the wrong direction. And I think that's what everyone is concerned about.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Meh... Rick has won 6+ games in 10 of the past 13 seasons. There is no reason to think it will be any different this year.

6, 7 or maybe 8 wins is about what Rick is good for year in, year out.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Maybe we should all pull our donations from football and earmark them for basketball? (Love those posts)

And actively reach out to recruits to discourage them from coming to MT.

Seems to be the road map for mediocrity that some on these boards thrive for.

Boy this place took a wicked turn.

Glad I didn’t watch any football yesterday. Granddaughter’s 2nd birthday party. LOL!!!

You were wise to do so. UNLV made me happy though. They bounced Vandy at their own house. 34-10. If I had known that was gonna happen, I would have gone to that game. :)

Reactions: Predarat
You know,

Having a garbo team isn't so bad when you know you might get a coaching staff turnover.

Having a garbo team and knowing you are stuck with that same, pathetic staff though.....I think that's as bad as it can get.

Gotta love Middle Tennessee football.........

You know,

Having a garbo team isn't so bad when you know you might get a coaching staff turnover.

Having a garbo team and knowing you are stuck with that same, pathetic staff though.....I think that's as bad as it can get.

Gotta love Middle Tennessee football.........

Middle TN.....Home of the Lifetime Contract and EATT

Rick Stockstill = Jeff Fisher

Pretty consistently mediocre. Eventually you just want above average.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT