Florida Atlantic University
Founded: 1961 Enrollment: 30,808 Undergrad 24,687 Postgrad 5,460
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
FAU Blue & FAU Red Nickname: Owls Mascot: Owlsley the Owl
Fight song: Fight song
Series: MT leads 12-4
Stadium: FAU Stadium (capacity 29,419), 777 Glades Road Boca Raton, Florida
Head Coach: Lane Kiffin (Fresno State, 1996)
Record at FAU: 16-10 (3rd) Overall: 51-31 (8th)
2018 Record: 5-7 (3-5) 2018 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 13/9 Lettermen R/L: 42/35

Weather Forecast: 84 degrees, sunny

Where:
FAU Stadium (capacity 29,419), 777 Glades Road Boca Raton, Florida

Stadium Policies:

Television:
ESPN+ Announcers: Frank Forte and Jason Pugh

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: Sun Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, University Press, ,

Message Boards: FAU Owls Nest,

Blogs: FAUFocus,

Athletic site:
FAUsports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
FAU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: FAU 2019 SBNation Preview, FAU(Orlando Sentinel #85), Middle Tennessee 2019 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99),

Game Notes:
FAU game notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , , Series history points to close contest between MT, FAU

Roster: Owls, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @FAUOwlAthletics, @FAU_Football, @Lane_Kiffin, , , @CJTrickett9, @FloridaAtlantic, @fau_owls_nest, @JakeElman97, @insidetheburrow, @FAUOWLACCESS, ,,,,,@FAU_Owlsley,

Hashtags:
#FAU, #WinToday, #Owlin, #WinningInParadise,,,, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsFAU, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: Florida Atlantic University, FAU Football,,,,

Youtube:
FAUOwlAccess, FAU Owl's Nest, ,

Instagram:
fau_football,

2018 Game Thread

2017 Game Thread

Last edited:
I like it at 9 and 11. I don't see how we stop their passing game or their run game. They will score at will for the most part.

Offense will have to score every time it get's the ball for us to have a chance.

Last edited:
They were embarrassed against UCF and Ohio State and beat a bad Ball State team, crappy Charlotte team and a 1AA team. They may beat us, but I don't think we have we have to score every possession to beat them. If we play a good game we can beat them.

Watch the Ohio State game.

They outplayed the buckeyes in quarters 2, 3, and 4. They just gave up too many points in 1st quarter

OSU pulled their 1's in the early second quarter too. Cincy just beat UCF who destroyed FAU. I think it will be more even than we think. Their D ain't that great. They left gaps all over the place vs. Charlotte and Charlotte kept it close til the 4th quarter. I don't think we win this one but we could throw a surprise party. We did last year.

Ummm....no they did not. Please watch the game before you start speaking BS

OSU starters played the entire damn game.

You're right. They kept Fields in the whole game but his pass attempts went way down after the first quarter. But every starter the whole game? No rotation of 2's or 3's on every position? 26 defensive players had stats so a few more played than that. They didn't take their foot off the gas at all? They totally did. FAU didn't even score a TD til the 4th quarter.

That game was never close. Ever. It was over in the 1st quarter. It was a scrimmage game for OSU after that.

However, FAU is the best team in the east. Hands down. It ain't close. If we win this game, we are winning the east. This game already determines the east IMO.

Last edited:
You're right. They kept Fields in the whole game but his pass attempts went way down after the first quarter. But every starter the whole game? No rotation of 2's or 3's on every position? 26 defensive players had stats so a few more played than that. They didn't take their foot off the gas at all? They totally did. FAU didn't even score a TD til the 4th quarter.

That game was never close. Ever. It was over in the 1st quarter. It was a scrimmage game for OSU after that.

However, FAU is the best team in the east. Hands down. It ain't close. If we win this game, we are winning the east. This game already determines the east IMO.

I watched the entire game JT. You can glance at the box score and think you know what happened, but Ohio State NEVER turned off the gas. Just like they've done all season, they tried to pour in the TD's but they just couldn't. FAU adjusted and Ohio St. struggled after the 1st quarter while FAU moved the ball respectably. You are delusional and don't understand CFB if you think Ohio St. treated it as a scrimmage after the 1st quarter.

I watched the entire game JT. You can glance at the box score and think you know what happened, but Ohio State NEVER turned off the gas. Just like they've done all season, they tried to pour in the TD's but they just couldn't. FAU adjusted and Ohio St. struggled after the 1st quarter while FAU moved the ball respectably. You are delusional and don't understand CFB if you think Ohio St. treated it as a scrimmage after the 1st quarter.

I guess I'm delusional because that game was never close. It was also the first game. No such thing as first game rust and adjusting to playing other people besides your own team mates? 28-0 in the first. 35-6 until the 4th and that's a close game? I watched the game BTW. I fell asleep and already forgot about it. It was just another beatdown.

Anyway, I already said FAU was a good team. They are the best team in the east. They are not OSU, Cincy, UCF, Duke, Iowa or Michigan. Not even in the same universe. Neither are we. It's more even in CUSA than we think. But they are the best in the east.

The biggest factor is will Brent sell us out or will he sell FAU out to dad? Kiffin got him for a reason beyond him being just a good kid who wants to coach. He got Charlotte's former DC which affected the Charlotte outcome a bit. It's gonna be the most important game we play in the regular season.

The biggest factor is will Brent sell us out or will he sell FAU out to dad? Kiffin got him for a reason beyond him being just a good kid who wants to coach. He got Charlotte's former DC which affected the Charlotte outcome a bit. It's gonna be the most important game we play in the regular season.

If Brent sells FAU out to his dad and it's a success (a win), the Stockstills would out-Kiffin Kiffin. I'd have a whole new respect, but of course I doubt we'd ever really truly know.

The key against FAU (like last week) is turnovers. Two years ago, we actually moved the ball well against FAU but committed multiple turnovers and they took advantage. FAU can be beat but it will not be easy. They also don't have Singletary, that guy was a difference maker.

Whats funny to me he was only 5'7" like a lot of our backs but he weighed 200lbs.

My gut says they are the best team in the league but we have a chance on Saturday. I think the key for us is to split the next two games and we will still be in it.

Lastly, our schedule is so front loaded.

Amen Mike. Front loaded indeed. Like last year, we played the best teams early which made us better later. This year feels a bit cruel in our scheduling.

Reactions: playersu12
Lastly, our schedule is so front loaded.

I actually disagree here in terms of CUSA scheduling. We were obviously front-loaded with Power 5's, but the back-end of our conference schedule will be just as tough as the front end. @WKU will be as tough a game as we play, and @Charlotte is a coin flip as well. Rice is also looking very good this year and could easily beat us. Hosting ODU will be the "easiest" game we play but even that will be a difficult game IMO as the Monarchs usually play better on the road.

There's not a single gimme on the schedule this year. This conference has a bunch of equally bad teams this year which does give it great parity. I will be shocked if we finish the year with 2 conference losses or less. I'm predicting at least 3 losses in CUSA play and don't be surprised if 2 of them come on the back end.

I actually disagree here in terms of CUSA scheduling. We were obviously front-loaded with Power 5's, but the back-end of our conference schedule will be just as tough as the front end. @WKU will be as tough a game as we play, and @Charlotte is a coin flip as well. Rice is also looking very good this year and could easily beat us. Hosting ODU will be the "easiest" game we play but even that will be a difficult game IMO as the Monarchs usually play better on the road.

There's not a single gimme on the schedule this year. This conference has a bunch of equally bad teams this year which does give it great parity. I will be shocked if we finish the year with 2 conference losses or less. I'm predicting at least 3 losses in CUSA play and don't be surprised if 2 of them come on the back end.

Come on Wiley Rice is 0-6. WKU loss to a 1AA school and has benefited from an easy conference schedule so far. Charlotte good?

Interesting, after sitting through the Iowa game I wouldn't of assumed that...Iowa was an ugly game.

Watching that game yeah I thought we more penalties than the box score showed. I guess the number of penalties were not all that bad if acknowledging Iowa probably declined a lot of the ones we saw flags thrown for.

excerpt:

...The Blue Raiders were able to open up the season with a strong game that almost allowed them to beat the Wolverines. Since that game the Blue Raiders have went 2-2 and have looked decent in how they have been able to play on the season. What else is interesting is the fact that the Blue Raiders defense has not really been as good as what it was when they played against Michigan.

Asher O’Hara is the quarterback who has been able to lead the Blue Raiders on the year. He has thrown the ball for a total of 1156 yards and 9 touchdowns, but did throw a couple of picks on the day as well. O’Hara is the leading rusher for the Blue Raiders with 69 carries for 311 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Florida Atlantic have been a team that has really bounced all over the place this year. The defense, though, is giving up only a point less than what the offense has given up on average this year. The Owls are unbeaten in conference play this year and that could help them get some confidence boost as they do have Middle Tennessee coming to them.

Chris Robison is the quarterback for the Florida Atlantic team. He has thrown the ball for 1412 yards and 12 touchdowns, but has thrown a couple of picks on the year. Larry McCammon III is the leading rusher for the Owls with 72 carries for 241 yards and 4 touchdowns on the year.

The Owls have a good balance on the year and while the defense is giving up only a point less than what the offense is scoring, the Owls are going to have a good chance to bring home a win in this game. Look for the Owls to control the game as the Blue Raiders defense is pushed to their limit. Final Score Prediction, Florida Atlantic Owls win, but fail to cover 31-24.....

WKU is much improved but they beat FIU, ODU and UAB. WKU, ODU and FIU are the easier games. Charlotte is improved but they don't have 4th quarter stamina. Starting off with Marshall, FAU, and UNT is pretty rough.

Dude...really? SMH....Conspiracy theory meets college gameday, I guess.

My thoughts on the game...I'm enjoying the fact that we have a reason to be excited for Saturday. Love it.... Need to find our running game though, someone other than O'hara, to control the clock, keep their offense on the sideline. If Mobley can find success, will open up our other playmakers. O'hara can't do it on his own...Will also need another big day from Moffatt and Blankenship.

Dude...really? SMH....Conspiracy theory meets college gameday, I guess.

My thoughts on the game...I'm enjoying the fact that we have a reason to be excited for Saturday. Love it.... Need to find our running game though, someone other than O'hara, to control the clock, keep their offense on the sideline. If Mobley can find success, will open up our other playmakers. O'hara can't do it on his own...Will also need another big day from Moffatt and Blankenship.

How is that a conspiracy theory? Kiffin said that they were concerned more about playing Middle Tenn than Ohio State during media days. A bunch of hungry young coaches applied to work with him and he chose Brent. You think that's serendipity? Brent knows Franklin's system better than any other QB Franklin has coached. Tony said that himself last year. You telling me that's not an avantage? Stock also knows Shafer's defensive scheme. Alignments, pre-snap strategy and signals. Kiffin just brought Brent in to coach with no intent in learning how we tick on offense and defense? Also, FAU has had an entire bye week period just to focus on us with insider info.

Come on man, we are walking into a potential crap show down there. If we win this game, it will be the best coaching our staff has done since Rick has been here. We will have to have wrinkles in everything we do for 60 minutes to win this one. We will have to change up all kinds of crap to throw them off the scent. Gonna be tough.

It's not like Franklins system is any kind of secret. Kiffin knows offenses very well and probalby knows just as much as Brent. He didn't hire Brent to get any secrets on our offense.
I think everyone will be surprised after this game.

Agreed. The Stockstills are not going to potentially jeopardize their careers and family relationships over a singular football. Nobody cares about Middle Tennessee State vs. Florida Atlantic University outside of a handful of hardcore fans from each school and a bunch of degenerate gamblers across the globe.

Both coordinators will have a game plan and approach for the game and FAU isn't going to have any secrets or tips about it. They will watch film and study our tendencies and prepare just like any other opponent. Nothing special here.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
It's not like Franklins system is any kind of secret. Kiffin knows offenses very well and probalby knows just as much as Brent. He didn't hire Brent to get any secrets on our offense.
I think everyone will be surprised after this game.

You know I hear this argument all the time. The Franklin system is one thing. All of the situational aspects are another. Audibles, checkdowns, tempo, signaling and playcall rhythm. That's a lot harder to decipher but Brent knows it. He ran this thing LAST YEAR. I hope I'm wrong and it won't matter. I think it will and I'm taking FAU and the points. I will gladly admit it if I am wrong. We'll see in 4 days.

Agreed. The Stockstills are not going to potentially jeopardize their careers and family relationships over a singular football. Nobody cares about Middle Tennessee State vs. Florida Atlantic University outside of a handful of hardcore fans from each school and a bunch of degenerate gamblers across the globe.

Both coordinators will have a game plan and approach for the game and FAU isn't going to have any secrets or tips about it. They will watch film and study our tendencies and prepare just like any other opponent. Nothing special here.

Kiffin cares. Believe me. He will do anything to win. Dude is above nothing.

How is that a conspiracy theory? Kiffin said that they were concerned more about playing Middle Tenn than Ohio State during media days. A bunch of hungry young coaches applied to work with him and he chose Brent. You think that's serendipity? Brent knows Franklin's system better than any other QB Franklin has coached. Tony said that himself last year. You telling me that's not an avantage? Stock also knows Shafer's defensive scheme. Alignments, pre-snap strategy and signals. Kiffin just brought Brent in to coach with no intent in learning how we tick on offense and defense? Also, FAU has had an entire bye week period just to focus on us with insider info.

Come on man, we are walking into a potential crap show down there. If we win this game, it will be the best coaching our staff has done since Rick has been here. We will have to have wrinkles in everything we do for 60 minutes to win this one. We will have to change up all kinds of crap to throw them off the scent. Gonna be tough.
f07.jpg

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Maybe so but Kiffin is a sleaze ball. This is the guy who banged Saban's daughter (allegedly) and hired the guy (Briles) who went to recruits bragging about all of the fine "white women" he could get for them. We saw what happened at Baylor. Kiffin then went to last chance U and plucked what he could once he heard aout the show.

I think it's hilarious that y'all think he wouldn't go to Brent for info about an opponent. That's the first thing I would do. Why else would I hire the kid? I could get anybody. I want and would use whatever advantage I can get and I'm way more above the board than Freshwater Joey.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but we will see. I think they are gonna beat us by 14.

ADVERTISEMENT