ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ FAU, 3PM, Saturday, October 12, 2019

Maybe so but Kiffin is a sleaze ball. This is the guy who banged Saban's daughter (allegedly) and hired the guy (Briles) who went to recruits bragging about all of the fine "white women" he could get for them. We saw what happened at Baylor. Kiffin then went to last chance U and plucked what he could once he heard aout the show.

I think it's hilarious that y'all think he wouldn't go to Brent for info about an opponent. That's the first thing I would do. Why else would I hire the kid? I could get anybody. I want and would use whatever advantage I can get and I'm way more above the board than Freshwater Joey.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but we will see. I think they are gonna beat us by 14.
They may beat us by 14 but it will not be because of some secret Brent gave them.
Come on JT. Your better than this.

Maybe so but Kiffin is a sleaze ball. This is the guy who banged Saban's daughter (allegedly) and hired the guy (Briles) who went to recruits bragging about all of the fine "white women" he could get for them. We saw what happened at Baylor. Kiffin then went to last chance U and plucked what he could once he heard aout the show.

I think it's hilarious that y'all think he wouldn't go to Brent for info about an opponent. That's the first thing I would do. Why else would I hire the kid? I could get anybody. I want and would use whatever advantage I can get and I'm way more above the board than Freshwater Joey.

Brent is going to sell his Dad out for a "sleaze ball"? Ok player...

You know I hear this argument all the time. The Franklin system is one thing. All of the situational aspects are another. Audibles, checkdowns, tempo, signaling and playcall rhythm. That's a lot harder to decipher but Brent knows it. He ran this thing LAST YEAR. I hope I'm wrong and it won't matter. I think it will and I'm taking FAU and the points. I will gladly admit it if I am wrong. We'll see in 4 days.

I've said a couple of times this week, FAU with Brent on the sidelines, will know what Tony Franklin is going to call before Tony does.

I've said a couple of times this week, FAU with Brent on the sidelines, will know what Tony Franklin is going to call before Tony does.

Bingo! That's what I'm saying and they had an extra week to prep. If it smells like a crapshow, it dang sure ain't gonna be a rose garden.

Why else would he hire him? I think a lot of coaches think highly of him and see him as someone that would be an asset and has a bright future in coaching. You are probably right though that the only reason Lane hired him was to beat MTSU.

The kids from last chance u were for show.Only 1 is playing, it was to get other recruits to consider FAU. He actually told the kids that's why he recruited them.

Brent is going to sell his Dad out for a "sleaze ball"? Ok player...

That's the question i asked originally in his thread. Will he or won't he? I'm saying yes.

He took the gig and he's there to help that team win. It's his first gig and he's eager to please. What would you do? You would do whatever you could to win. That's what a winner does. That's part of the game. Kiffin hired Charlotte's former DC to be his DC. What, Kiffin didn't consult with that dude about developing a game plan against players he knows first hand? Come on. It wasn't the only reason he got Stock and that Charlotte DC but it is an avantage. How could it not be? That's what Saban does. We beat Syracuse in 17 and having Shafer's knowledge about those players gave us an edge. He recruited them. He knew what they ate for breakfast.

Why else would he hire him? I think a lot of coaches think highly of him and see him as someone that would be an asset and has a bright future in coaching. You are probably right though that the only reason Lane hired him was to beat MTSU.

I did say in another post that it wasn't the only reason. I corrected myself on that. Brent is talented. However, you can't tell me it's not an advantage.

Last edited:
The kids from last chance u were for show.Only 1 is playing, it was to get other recruits to consider FAU. He actually told the kids that's why he recruited them.

He got 6 dudes and at least 4 had criminal records and while it may have been a recruiting ploy, he burned 6 scholies on thugs to attract other players who would respect that. That's a classy move. LOL

FAU's time of possession and lack of turnovers makes them even more formidible on O. If we can win this one, we will win the east. Very tall order.

jarrin pierce looks really good. I cant remember the last time we signed a JUCO receiver and they actually did something. It's about damn time. I honestly didn't think he would ever see the field. Glad I was wrong

Going to be really sad if the difference in the game is the blocked XP returned for 2 points. That was a 3 point swing........

There's our bad defense rearing it's ugly head

I was starting to wonder why Kiffin wasn't pounding it between the tackles

How do we not play for the fake punt in that situation? I'm watching the damn thing on CBS sports live play-by-play, and said out loud watch for the fake punt! So freaking frustrating.

Betting on FAU to cover was the easiest bet I had this week. UNLV dog bet is making me paper too. :)

One team made adjustments......the other one didn't

What else do I have to celebrate? Yay! we got our a$$es beat. Yay! I saw this game coming like a freight train in the dark. FAU's offense is the best in the league and we were gonna run out of juice. It just stood to reason after 7:00 to go in the 3rd.

I thought it was an entertaining game that came down to the last few possessions. When they went for it on 4th down and caught a prayer it really hurt. Definitely not the train wreck bowl game many predicted and definitely not a bad team with bad coach’s. They beat the preseason favorite and came very close to winning today.

Y’all go cheer for Alabama or the patriots . I’ll keep the boys in blue!

Some big time out coaching in the second half. Those draw plays on 3rd and long......Ouch.

Schafer got read like a book.

Our offense was garbo as well.

As I said, bad team and bad coaches. We'll be lucky to win 6 games this year, which isn't saying much considering how bad this conference is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT