ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Looking back, five years seem like fifty

Reggie and Giddy got most of the headlines, but Perrin was so underrated. This game shows how good CKD is at the X's and O's. He outcoached Izzo that day. Simple as that. And the toughness he instilled in his teams is evident by all of the 50/50 balls we got that day. Crazy to think we were even more talented the following season. Just my opinion, but pound for pound, Jacory was the most talented player to ever wear a Blue Raider jersey. Full disclosure, I never saw Warren Kidd play.

Watching this is so bittersweet.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Reggie and Giddy got most of the headlines, but Perrin was so underrated. This game shows how good CKD is at the X's and O's. He outcoached Izzo that day. Simple as that. And the toughness he instilled in his teams is evident by all of the 50/50 balls we got that day. Crazy to think we were even more talented the following season. Just my opinion, but pound for pound, Jacory was the most talented player to ever wear a Blue Raider jersey. Full disclosure, I never saw Warren Kidd play.

Watching this is so bittersweet.

You are so right about Perrin Buford. I’ve always thought he was underrated. That was a special team. Overcame some adversity during the regular season to do what they did against Sparty.

Seems so very long ago. Good times

My biggest regret after a lifetime of watching MT BkB is that we've never won a 2nd game and made it to the sweet 16. The leadup to the 2nd weekend is where a school can get sustained pub. The excitement I would have would be unimaginable. I try to be happy when I realize a lot of schools would be glad to have won as many 1st round games as MT.

When I became a fan I had dreams of a Final 4. If WKU did it, why couldn't MT? I couldn't imagine all the changes to college BkB which would occur which would make it infinitely harder for a %$&-major to have such a run.

Now my dream for MT men's BkB is - Hell, I don't know - maybe it's time to give up

Didn't we have a 1 point lead at halftime against Syracuse?

We didn't play very well against Butler, and it was a 1 possession game with 90 seconds left. Felt like Butler hit every big shot when they had to have it.

Didn't we have a 1 point lead at halftime against Syracuse?

We didn't play very well against Butler, and it was a 1 possession game with 90 seconds left. Felt like Butler hit every big shot when they had to have it.

We were down 4 at the half, cut it to 2 at the first media TO in the 2nd half, and then got smoked the rest of the way.

We were down 4 at the half, cut it to 2 at the first media TO in the 2nd half, and then got smoked the rest of the way.

We did lead in the second half against Syracuse. I think we hit back to back 3s to open the half and take a 2-point lead. Rest of the way the Orange dominated obviously.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
We did lead in the second half against Syracuse. I think we hit back to back 3s to open the half and take a 2-point lead. Rest of the way the Orange dominated obviously.

That’s right. Forgot about that. I just remember thinking so far so good at the break and calling a friend during the TO saying it’s only 2.

UNT knocked Purdue off tonight.

Our conference may be weak overall, but it seems our champ is consistently underseeded and capable of knocking of high seed.

Reactions: dukewayne
UNT knocked Purdue off tonight.

Our conference may be weak overall, but it seems our champ is consistently underseeded and capable of knocking of high seed.

Seems like CUSA always win at least the first round game. I'd like to see our record in Round 1 over the last 5 year and 10 year spans. CUSA (and many other mid-majors) are chronically under-seeded in the NCAA tournament.

I know of at least one financially destitute school that is thankful to get their share of the extra proceeds from UNT's victory.

ODU was the sole loss out of the last 6 years. And they had a pretty good squad that year too. I think they were ranked 24 after they upset Syracuse.

The UT loss, LaTech over Kermit, and UNT's win was absolutely perfection.

It’s really 5 out of 6. No tourney last year. This is two tourneys in a row that the conference champ has drawn Purdue. Purdue beat ODU in 2019 first round.

I didn’t count last year. You’re right, it’s 5 out of the last 6 tournaments played but my statement was 5 of the 7 since we joined C-USA.

2014 - Tulsa lost to UCLA
2015 - UAB beat ISU
2016 - MTSU beat Michigan State
2017 - MTSU beat Minnesota
2018 - Marshall beat Wichita St
2019 - ODU lost to Purdue
2021 - UNT beat Purdue.

I didn’t count last year. You’re right, it’s 5 out of the last 6 tournaments played but my statement was 5 of the 7 since we joined C-USA.

2014 - Tulsa lost to UCLA
2015 - UAB beat ISU
2016 - MTSU beat Michigan State
2017 - MTSU beat Minnesota
2018 - Marshall beat Wichita St
2019 - ODU lost to Purdue
2021 - UNT beat Purdue.

I got ya. Didn’t read your comment closely enough.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT