ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Fired Coaches Thread

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
Figure I'd start a thread. Let us dream a bit. We all know nothing will happen but at least we can keep the discussion on other coaches together.

* Jimbo Fisher Texas A&M
45-25 (27-21)
Bowls 3-0

* Andy Avalos Boise St.
22-14 (17-6)
Champ Games 0-1
Bowls 1-0

You're right... Nothing but a pipe dream for us. Massaro, like Stock, has no backbone and has settled for mediocrity.

C’mon now. Stock had the best performance of all the FBS schools in the State of TN against Missouri. That oughta count for something. Give him his rollover.

2023 Missouri wins over TN teams:

9/9 MTSU 23-19
9/23 Memphis 34-27 (St. Louis)
9/30 @Vandy 38-21
11/11 Tennessee 36-7

Ha both fired coaches have better than CRS after two decades of futility.

C’mon now. Stock had the best performance of all the FBS schools in the State of TN against Missouri. That oughta count for something. Give him his rollover.

2023 Missouri wins over TN teams:

9/9 MTSU 23-19
9/23 Memphis 34-27 (St. Louis)
9/30 @Vandy 38-21
11/11 Tennessee 36-7

So, Missouri is the Tenn State Champs! LOL

Texas A&M AD Ross Bjork: "You're either moving forward or you're stuck. We were stuck."

Bjork cut his teeth as a young ambitious AD (youngest in nation at that time, IIRC) at WKU.
I'd like to see Lee replace out sorry, old Massaro. I cannot stand to look at the loser.

Chris is literally riding a golden parachute. An absolute loser and death nail to this program.

This pretty much says it all in just a matter of a few words.

face-palm-really.gif

Bobby Petrino was their OC and is now available.

If we had any brains or stones we would fire Stock and bring Petrino here. Yes he's a dick, and hate him all you want, but he'd win here and he'd win big. I'm looking for someone to win football games, not marry my daughter.

Bobby Petrino was their OC and is now available.

If we had any brains or stones we would fire Stock and bring Petrino here. Yes he's a dick, and hate him all you want, but he'd win here and he'd win big. I'm looking for someone to win football games, not marry my daughter.
Bumpus Harley with the stadium naming rights if Petrino comes.

Bumpus Harley with the stadium naming rights if Petrino comes.

Sounds good. We can get the local hooters to open a booth for wings during the game as well. They have killer food.

Nothing wrong with doing something different and trying to stand out.

Go back and read the whole twitter thread
Oh, I did. Watched the presser too. There's a whole lot he said that correlates to us, not just what I linked above. He also said

"There's a market for a lot of different contracts than the one we had". Theirs was an outlier as is ours.

Sounds good. We can get the local hooters to open a booth for wings during the game as well. They have killer food.

Nothing wrong with doing something different and trying to stand out.
I’m with you on trying to gamble a bit to get a spark, but I think sometimes these older coaches are just riding it out for a retirement check. There is no push to win and rebuild their career, it’s basically over. Petrino‘s last few HC jobs haven’t been that great.

With that said, I would be more interested in kicking The tires for Art Briles first. We know he is itching to rebuild his name and prove himself. But our program would never give him that chance.

I'd love to understand how they justify Stock's continued employment, given the wide disparity about what 120 other college football teams operate with respect to coaching demands/changes, and how we do things.

If CorpseStill would have retired last year with back to back bowl wins and a 8 win season, I think all of us would have had way more respect for him or at least I would have. Ol CorpseStill doesn't even look like he's enjoying it all now. The ATM contract money keeps bringing him back.

Him staying and coaching this team into the dirt has removed any respect I once had for him. He and mASSaro are just bloodsuckers draining the life out of this program. How will next season be any different? We just got lapped by NMSU! NMSU and Jax st. Let that sink in. NMSU is playing Liberty for the conference title in 2 weeks. I mean damn. WKU is even 5-5 right now. 3-3 in the conference. Their fans can't be too happy either.

The way Hoke went out is how Stock should as well. Realize it’s time to save your legacy, because unfortunately I don’t see it getting any better. It’s going to get harder and harder.
Unfortunately it has to get way worse to get Corpsey ran outta here. You know the sad part? The NCAA just voted to make 5-7 bowl eligible now officially. What does that mean for Stocks contract? If we got a bowl at 5-7 this year and we won it, does Stock still get the auto extension? I think he might. If so, GO UTEP and SHSU!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: RaiderDeez
I bet the Liberty coach gets some looks at some of these schools too. Tulane's coach too. Somebody is gonna get poached. UF is gonna be joining that "need a new coach" list soon too from what I'm hearing.

How about WVU? Do they finally walk away from Neal Brown? I would be happy if we could get him or Billy Napier here.

Thats the thing - there will be some coaches that get pushed aside that would be a big upgrade for us.

How about WVU? Do they finally walk away from Neal Brown? I would be happy if we could get him or Billy Napier here.

Thats the thing - there will be some coaches that get pushed aside that would be a big upgrade for us.
I dare say if Neal wins the next two against Baylor and Cincy to finish 8-4, he will stay. His buyout before year end is almost $13m.

Him or Napier would make great G5 coaches. But Neal has the same attitude of play not to lose. Not as stubborn as Stock, but still. I want someone who will put 90 on every team just to piss everyone off.

I bet the Liberty coach gets some looks at some of these schools too. Tulane's coach too. Somebody is gonna get poached. UF is gonna be joining that "need a new coach" list soon too from what I'm hearing.

I can’t see Pittman being at Arkansas next year. Agree about Florida: Napier could be fired, along with the AD, if they can’t pull an upset against Missouri or FSU.

Fritz’s age is a negative. He will be 64 before next season. That will probably keep him at Tulane.

Chadwell’s buyout may be a limiting factor. Someone will owe Liberty $25 million plus probably 5-10 million annually for his salary. Side note - he did post to Twitter from Starkville, MS. The location on the tweet has now been deleted. No idea if that was a hack job or not.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I can’t see Pittman being at Arkansas next year. Agree about Florida: Napier could be fired, along with the AD, if they can’t pull an upset against Missouri or FSU.

Fritz’s age is a negative. He will be 64 before next season. That will probably keep him at Tulane.

Chadwell’s buyout may be a limiting factor. Someone will owe Liberty $25 million plus probably 5-10 million annually for his salary. Side note - he did post to Twitter from Starkville, MS. The location on the tweet has now been deleted. No idea if that was a hack job or not.
I work with a lot of people in Arkansas and UA grads as my company contracts with Walmart. The consensus is that Pittman will be given another year to right the ship, but that will probably be it.

The Starkville tweet was photoshop by a anti-LU fan account. Tweets don't even have locations anymore. I still don't see Chadwdll going anywhere though. His path to wins is a whole heck of a lot easier at LU and he already gets paid like a power coach.

I work with a lot of people in Arkansas and UA grads as my company contracts with Walmart. The consensus is that Pittman will be given another year to right the ship, but that will probably be it.

The Starkville tweet was photoshop by a anti-LU fan account. Tweets don't even have locations anymore. I still don't see Chadwdll going anywhere though. His path to wins is a whole heck of a lot easier at LU and he already gets paid like a power coach.

Bring Pittman back is a terrible idea.

Interesting on the twitter. While fakes are prevalent, I saw that posted on SI and ESPN sites. I assumed they are better at vetting than just idiots like me online.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Deion is not going anywhere, his sons have used their transfer all ready. It will be Lane or the Duke Coach or an NFL guy.
Duke HC (Elko?) or Jeff Taylor make the most sense IMO.

Land is a good fit at Ole Miss

Duke HC (Elko?) or Jeff Taylor make the most sense IMO.

Land is a good fit at Ole Miss
Traylor is perfect for them. Texas native, went to college at SFA, TX high school coach so he knows and has relationships with that circle, and of course coaches in TX now. He's 37-13 and possibly about to play in his 3rd straight conf title game. If A&M doesn't grab him, I bet Houston will next cycle as patience with Dana is getting thin.

The issue I've read with A&M is yeah they have all that $ which is good, but also bad. Boosters try to influence a lot of things within the program and sometimes hamstring the coach.

Ya know, watching Gameday this morning and thinking about what they've done, what Boise has done, made me do some looking.

Boise fired Avalos one year removed from a 10win season. They demand excellence. The past 12yrs they have averaged 9.75 wins/yr, 3 conf champs, 8 division or co champs. They can get kids to come to middle of nowhere Idaho and win, yet we can't in the middle of SEC country. And just like Troy and WKU, had coaches hired away and fired a replacement.

That same span we have averaged 6.33 wins/yr, 0 conf champs, 1 div champ.

Boise demands excellence, supports it. JMU demands it. Supports it. They are 19-3 in FBS. Liberty is 50-22. Troy is over .600 the past decade plus.

Like that video going around shows, there are many issues with our admin, community support, marketing, etc. But a start of demanding that excellence would go a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT