ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(3-4, 1-2) vs Southern Miss (1-6, 0-3) (Homecoming) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 30, 2021

That looks like a season ending injury for sure. Unfortunate for Chase, he has stuck around and given so much to this program.

Well there goes any hope of beating FAU or WKU. Chase being carted off the field.

Bad things happen when your QB is always running for his life.

Such a shame because we have a pretty good defense and special teams has done well this year.

Defense getting pissed off and is shouldering the load now. Scoop and score by big 99. Love watching the big dudes run for glory. Special teams and defense are paying em back.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Homecoming 2021

D58-C87-EA-DF97-482-E-9465-FCDD8-DC69175.jpg
It’s a little better now but not much. I’m sitting on the 50 behind our bench about 20 rows up.

Stock is still fuming over that play call and fumble by Dilello or Dearmon. I thought he was gonna strangle #12 when he came off the field. He’s been on a rant for last 10 min at the end of the bench.😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Man, our O was starting to actually do ok and now we are back to ground zero. So middle.

Southern Miss looks exactly like the Sun Belt teams we used to play. They will be their anchor now

Their fans been nothing but excuses since we joined in 2012 on the bbs boards. They haven’t done crap since then. What will be their excuse when they are the cellar dweller of the belt?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Glad our Blue Raiders played well today. The Homecoming crowd was about what I expected. My cousin’s son is being recruited by MT and they were also there today. He’s a WR/DB at one of the top ranked high schools in West TN. They’ll be in Memphis with me next weekend.

35-10 but it was ugly. The D scored twice and special teams once. I like Vattiato. His couple of passes were much crisper than DiLiello. Did well enough but Vattiato may give us more options. It looks like both are gonna get crazy reps this week. We are gonna get roasted next week. Then we play 2 softies. 6-6 here we come.

ODU is not a softy. They will probably beat us now that Chase is out. Might have beat us with him. They look good. Very stout D. Probably only 1 win left on the schedule, not that it matters. No real difference between finishing with 5, 6, or 7 W's. You're either playing in the CUSA title game or you're sitting at home watching.

ODU is not a softy. They will probably beat us now that Chase is out. Might have beat us with him. They look good. Very stout D. Probably only 1 win left on the schedule, not that it matters. No real difference between finishing with 5, 6, or 7 W's. You're either playing in the CUSA title game or you're sitting at home watching.
Uh, LaTech is beat to hell and ODU should have never been in that game. We play em at home. Still not worried. Their fans rushed the field for beating a 2-6 team. LOL. Can't wait for those turds to get out.

If Chase is done for the season, does MT win another game?

I don't have any faith at all.

MT will almost certainly lose in Bowling Green next weekend. That will make Rick Stockstill 1-6 the last seven years against wky. How is that excusable? Why isn't that one record not a fireable offense?

FIU and ODU. We've looked at those two games as two certain wins. Now not sure at all.

FAU. Probably the least chance at winning that game.

A third straight losing season coming up.

Cool story. Can’t wait for you to tell it again and again
I’ll tell you the rest. Like we’ve traditionally done in here at Homecoming for the past several years, someone will post that same old quote made by one of our former players as they took the field….”Where everbody at?????”
Well, today I was asked the same question by my cousin. He was serious. His son will make a huge decision where to spend the next 4 years of college.
I thought about the number of high school classmates of mine who enrolled and graduated from MTSU. I’ve never seen a single one of them at a game or alumni function in the 16 years since I graduated from MTSU and became an alum. At best there may have been 3-4,000 there today and that’s a stretch. Oakland vs. Riverdale drew more than that.

And, we left early to beat the crowd. 😂😂

Reactions: MTTim and MT Glenn
I’ll tell you the rest. Like we’ve traditionally done in here at Homecoming for the past several years, someone will post that same old quote made by one of our former players as they took the field….”Where everbody at?????”
Well, today I was asked the same question by my cousin. He was serious. His son will make a huge decision where to spend the next 4 years of college.
I thought about the number of high school classmates of mine who enrolled and graduated from MTSU. I’ve never seen a single one of them at a game or alumni function in the 16 years since I graduated from MTSU and became an alum. At best there may have been 3-4,000 there today and that’s a stretch. Oakland vs. Riverdale drew more than that.

And, we left early to beat the crowd. 😂😂
Yeah, still don’t care as I skimmed your post

A win is great, but if no one is around to see it...

Anyone know how to find attendance for all NCAA games each week. I bet my hat, some D2 schools out drew MTSU today. I wouldn't be surprised if MTSU was the least attended FBS game.

What was embarrassing is what seemed an anemic student section. How many students live on campus? Not even a quarter of them could brave the rain and make the trek across campus.

We have issues with attendance and fan attrition no doubt. But we aren't alone.

The blue bloods are full of course, if they are successful. Texas has issues right now. Florida does. Even other majors such as Virginia Tech do. Still more so, successful P5 schools. Wake Forest was undefeated, ranked, played an in-state conference opponent, and still wasn't full. G5 soon P5 Houston playing ranked conference mate SMU couldn't fill.

If you aren't a blue blood, a true local like Marshall, or don't win consistently as in multiple years like Cincinnati, then the crowds sadly don't come. And right now we just don't have the winning attitude from McPhee to CRS.

Student wise is on the admin as well. No pride is created anymore....winning would do that....but I have several friends I went to school with. None follow MT like I do. And that needs fixed. 3 or 4 years of 10 win seasons would do that. That is the standard that should have been set. Not 6-6.

Buy we all know all of this. Those that make the decisions that can fix it all don't though. Or don't care. Makes me feel bad for the players.

Speaking of attendance, has anyone ever been to Gatlinburg and seen that craptastic "thrill ride" on the strip called "Earthquake: The Ride"? It's been there since the 80s and it hasn't changed since I was a kid. Still the same crappy hype recording plays when you walk by it today, but now they actually have mannequins dressed like tourists staged in the line to make it appear as if people are actually waiting to ride it. That totally seems like an MT athletics/football thing to do. Stage some mannequins dressed like MT fans in line staring at fake smartphones to make people think other people actually want to attend. Maybe purchase a few thousand and put them in the outer portions of the stands to force everyone together and fill the place out. Of course they'd leave the mannequins out all year in their MT gear and they'd be tattered and run down looking in no time because that's how we roll. Anyway, I'm in the Smokies this weekend rather than attending homecoming and that sad attraction from my youth reminded me of MT football......another sad attraction from my youth.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
I'm honestly surprised they haven't put tarps on the upper deck with an overhead image of full seats so it looks like people are in the stands on first glance.

People just don’t come to games anymore. It’s not only an MT problem. Undefeated #21 SDSU just hosted Fresno State which was a huge in-state game, major mountain west implications, and two great teams to watch play a game of football

11,000 people showed up….

People just don’t come to games anymore. It’s not only an MT problem. Undefeated #21 SDSU just hosted Fresno State which was a huge in-state game, major mountain west implications, and two great teams to watch play a game of football

Yup because of what we've been talking about. The mouse. ESPN destroyed college sports. You can watch any team play just about from your house and ESPN told america that if you ain't BAMA level, don't watch.

A win is great, but if no one is around to see it...

Anyone know how to find attendance for all NCAA games each week. I bet my hat, some D2 schools out drew MTSU today. I wouldn't be surprised if MTSU was the least attended FBS game.

What was embarrassing is what seemed an anemic student section. How many students live on campus? Not even a quarter of them could brave the rain and make the trek across campus.
They were all down at the beer garden. LOL. A lot of them were.

Aztecs are playing all their games in Carson (LA) and you have to show proof of vaccination to attend.. San Diego State students aren’t driving 2 hours for a home game.. Fresno State is 3.5 hours from Carson.. 11k for a neutral site MWC game isn’t bad for the West Coast

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT