ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(3-4, 1-2) vs Southern Miss (1-6, 0-3) (Homecoming) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 30, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

082019-USM-Stadium-1-WEB-1.jpeg

Founded: 1910
Enrollment: 14,606
Acceptance rate:
97%
Colors: Black and gold Nickname: Golden Eagles Mascot: Seymour d'Campus
Fight song: Southern to the Top
Series: MT leads 3-0
Stadium: M.M. Roberts Stadium (36,000)
Head Coach: Will Hall (North Alabama, 2003)
Record at USM: 0-0 (1st) Overall: 56-21 (6th)
2020 Record: 3-7 (2-4) 2020 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 26/3 Lettermen R/L: 50/8

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies (prohibited items): Bag Policy - All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Clear bags 12" x 6" x 12" inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Ticket Notes:

Television:
ESPN+, Play-by-play: Jake Rose, Analyst: Jeremy Kellem

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), Satellite radio channel: Sirius/XM channel 974, Varsity Network

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: , , , ,

Message Boards:
Big Gold Nation, , , , The Perch, The Eagle Post (open facebook group)

Blogs: , , , , Catfish Po-Boy,

Athletic site:
southernmiss.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Southern Miss Golden Eagles: CFN College Football Preview 2021, , ,

Game Notes:
USM Game Notes, MT game notes, CUSA Game Notes

Game Previews: , ,

Roster:
, Blue Raiders

Twitter: ,

Hashtags:
, , ,

Facebook:
, ,

Youtube: , , ,

Instagram:

Last edited:
Southern Miss (MT leads 3-0)

Year W/L Score Site

2009 W 42-32 N
2013 W 42-21 A
2014 W 37-31 H

At Murfreesboro: 1-0 At Hattiesburg: 1-0

With USM leaving and attention on that, we need to win. Get attention on us and keep the wins rolling. Same for WKU.

Reactions: subkyle
MT will be favored against USM, ODU and FIU

The combined league records of those three are 0-9 and we play all three at home. Stock has never lost to USM or ODU, and has not lost at home to FIU since 2011.

WKU 2-1, 3-4 and FAU 2-1, 4-3 are the remaining games on the road. Stock the last six years is 1-5 against wku, no matter their coach, and Stockstill has lost the last two @FAU

My group will be there about 20 deep. 3 of those are USM fans though.

interesting blog post, especially the part about 4 year FPI averages. The four prospective new sun belt members actually hurt the Sun Belt (not by much, but a little) AAC with losses compounded by the cusa 6 additions hurt badly

Well, why should CRS make any kind of statement on it. Massaro his boss made a statement, lame as it was. Do you think Stockstill's response would be any less lame or add clarity? The person who should be responding is Massaro's boss, McPhee. McPhee retweeted Massaro's letter, but other than that, he seems more than satisfied to let Massaro take the heat on this. The wsmv guy should reach out to both McPhee and Massaro (maybe he has and those two are dodging any media requests) but hey at least this crap fest attracted somebody from the Nashville sports media for once.

Last edited:
Well, why should CRS make any kind of statement on it. Massaro his boss made a statement, lame as it was. Do you think Stockstill's response would be any less lame or add clarity? The person who should be responding is Massaro's boss, McPhee. McPhee retweeted Massaro's letter, but other than that, he seems more than satisfied to let Massaro take the heat on this. The wsmv guy should reach out to both McPhee and Massaro (maybe he has and those two are dodging any media requests) but hey at least this crap fest attracted somebody from the Nashville sports media for once.
Why should he have a plan? Why should he think that someone may ask him about the biggest upheavel in G5 history? Why would he have any personal thoughts or emotions about it? He told Greg Pogue that he watches it and keeps up but nothing in the presser? He may have no control over it but to not have any input or plan to address it is crazy and typical Middle.

The highest paid employee of the university doesn’t have an opinion on conference realignment. “You’ll probably get mad at me Chris (Harris-WSMV), but I’m just focused on Southern Miss.” 😂😂

And just keep making sure the checks are good!

Exhibit A on why we will be left behind. Our highest paid employee doesn't have an opinion on the biggest story in CFB.

Not only are we going down with the Titanic, we are looking for a diving board.

Why should he have a plan? Why should he think that someone may ask him about the biggest upheavel in G5 history? Why would he have any personal thoughts or emotions about it? He told Greg Pogue that he watches it and keeps up but nothing in the presser? He may have no control over it but to not have any input or plan to address it is crazy and typical Middle.
EMOTIONS ???? Emotions ?????
There is a absolutely no emotion in this program. Top to bottom. Pretty much the sole reason I’ve stopped buying season tickets, giving to BRAA, tailgating, etc…. There is no emotion-excitement Anywhere. Another reason we have been left behind.
The only emotion McPhee feels is when he re grips his 7 wood. I could hear the excitement in Masarro’s voice when Tackett asked him about expansion, he said he LIKED where we are at. Ever watched/listened to a coaches show? Presser? Post game interview?
Or how bout the unrecognizable Stock tried to give out T shirts.
How emotional was it for you the last time you walked thru the grove? Dang, that Raider walk sure is spine tingling. How bout those tweets from the marketing dept? Here’s One of us getting off the plane, and here are the uni‘s we will be wearing Saturday.
and don’t get me started about the emotions that are going on when I step inside JRF. Not sure if I’m at a football game or Woodfin.
This administration Is clueless. Heck, at least trot out the 2 Brent’s to muster up something to talk about
No one wants to be part of this program. No wonder we have been left behind. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time

I have nothing better to do tomorrow but it’s supposed to rain all morning up to and after 2:30 kickoff. I like watching Southern Miss play even in a down year for them.

Heading to Memphis next weekend for SMU.

Headed over to the Boro’ to root the guys on. They need to win this one for ESPN to prove our worthiness, even if it’s ESPN+. 😂😂

Last edited:
Just saw the crowd pan on the broadcast. Seems dozens in attendance. I know it's raining but wow, there aren't even any students.

There might be more staff/players than fans
CM: "Everything Is Fine"

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT