ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(4-5; 2-3) VS FIU (1-8; 0-5) (ESPN3), 2:30PM, Friday, November 13, 2021

Funny moment. Larry announced "Mc feel instead of McPhee. I spur my beer
That reminds me of the MBB game last night. He'd announce the same player but used different names/pronunciations all game.

told you ODU can play
That game was a slop fest. FAU played downright awful and it wasn't ODU causing it. At one point, the score was 4-3. Seriously, 4-3. ODU has a legit shot to get bowl eligible so next week is gonna be a tough game. Glad we are playing it at home. ODU definitely plays better at home than on the road. Ford was FAU's entire offense. They've not looked good since the Charlotte game and Charlotte looks like real crap now.

One thing that might play a factor is that ODU will party like crazy this weekend. Will they be focused by the time they travel down here?

WE ARE BACK!!!!! Great win. One step closer to bowl eligibility. Hoping we get a Mac team with a pulse and mud stomp them!

Reactions: ewglenn
Win is a win. Next one will be 100 for Stock, and bowl eligibility....if it happens this year that is. Finish season 7-5 or 6-6, get bowl, announce retirement, win bowl and retire at 102-97 or 101-98?

Or lose both, finish 5-7....and 99-99.

Or finish 6-6, lose bowl....100-99.

I better just shut up and let what happens happen at this point.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Win is a win. Next one will be 100 for Stock, and bowl eligibility....if it happens this year that is. Finish season 7-5 or 6-6, get bowl, announce retirement, win bowl and retire at 102-97 or 101-98?

I was fooling around and trying to figure out if there any active FBS coaches with more losses than stockstill. Google was failing me with my inquires so I gave up.

Funny thing, when Massaro hiring the last time, there were FOOLS pushing for Watson Brown, who finished with over 200+ losses.

I was fooling around and trying to figure out if there any active FBS coaches with more losses than stockstill. Google was failing me with my inquires so I gave up.

Funny thing, when Massaro hiring the last time, there were FOOLS pushing for Watson Brown, who finished with over 200+ losses.

Cutcliffe is 77-95
Ferentz 177-108

That's all I could find. Current at current school tenure...ie not counting both Randy Edsall etc.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

In a perfect world, I’d love to see a Myrtle Beach, Boca Raton or possibly geographically negotiated Birmingham Bowl matchup between MT and Memphis. (assuming both can get bowl eligible after yesterday’s nail biting heartbreaker at the Liberty Bowl Stadium.) Both have a winnable home game left, (ODU and Tulane, respectively) but tough road games at FAU and Houston.

Go Blue and Go Tigers!

Nobody has any pride in being bowl eligible. It takes a little more than that. At least in my book it does. To me the program is dead.

Reactions: Hop45
It's as dead as you can get without shutting down.
Even if MT by some miracle finishes 8-5 including a bowl win. That is not getting fans back, They have already cast a no confidence vote in this coaching regime. I can't imagine that even the dense as granite AD and President who have allowed this deterioration in fan support to continue over the last decade can believe that fans will change their mind without them changing coaches.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Even if MT by some miracle finishes 8-5 including a bowl win. That is not getting fans back, They have already cast a no confidence vote in this coaching regime. I can't imagine that even the dense as granite AD and President who have allowed this deterioration in fan support to continue over the last decade can believe that fans will change their mind without them changing coaches.
I no longer care about the future or fans. I just follow the team and focus on the now. When the leadership decided to do nothing last week, I stopped caring about all of this other stuff. Just gonna root for the team. We gotta a shot at winning out and I'm gonna work off of that unless they lose and then it's whatever.

I no longer care about the future or fans. I just follow the team and focus on the now. When the leadership decided to do nothing last week, I stopped caring about all of this other stuff. Just gonna root for the team. We gotta a shot at winning out and I'm gonna work off of that unless they lose and then it's whatever.
Kinda where I am at right now. I took this year off. No donation, no season tickets. I've watched the games I could on TV. I see the empty stadium and feel bad for the players. I'll probably get season tix next year, but the cheapest they sell. No more $, no more blue chair backs until a new staff is on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT