ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3; 0-2) vs Marshall (2-2; 0-0), Stadium, 6PM, Saturday, October 2, 2021

I cannot believe we are gonna lose this game. Stock still is not an FBS caliber head coach. I would not trust him to coach a high school. He has been trying to run the clock out since the middle of the third quarter. Please someone fire this idiot I don’t care if it bankrupts our university.

It wasn't like Marshall was gonna lay down once it stopped raining. Mobley has had a night keeping the clock going.

Last edited:
I cannot believe we are gonna lose this game. Stock still is not an FBS caliber head coach. I would not trust him to coach a high school. He has been trying to run the clock out since the middle of the third quarter. Please someone fire this idiot I don’t care if it bankrupts our university.
Maybe time for you to put that bag over your head. Really good win.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Obviously happy for the win, but we did only win by 6 when we were +4 in turnover margin. Think we should have kept pressing more instead if milking clock, but a win is a win.

Really good and a much needed win but that ending gave me PTSD Flashbacks of that damn Troy game long ago. Marshall games always seem to be so close when the Blue Raiders win, I remember a few blowouts going the other way but remember maybe one game where MTSU won comfortably.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
I do agree with Wiley though. If we had Mobley last week, we win that game. No doubt about it. We would be 3-2 right now.

Last night, I went to the game. The rain was just too much and I didn't stay long, but I was extremely pleased that one long time irritant was not present for this game and I hope the change is a permanent one. There was a different PA announcer up in the press box. The previous one has been as nearly as bad as the product on the field for way too many years.

I went home to watch the game in comfort of my living room and I thought the stadium tv guys did a good job on the broadcast.

Last night, I went to the game. The rain was just too much and I didn't stay long, but I was extremely pleased that one long time irritant was not present for this game and I hope the change is a permanent one. There was a different PA announcer up in the press box. The previous one has been as nearly as bad as the product on the field for way too many years.

I went home to watch the game in comfort of my living room and I thought the stadium tv guys did a good job on the broadcast.
I could hear the PA announcer thru the Varsity stream I was listening to. Much needed change and sounded great on the radio. I also thought Jeremy Kellum did a fine job at the color commentator spot in Wes’ absence. Any thoughts on the crowd size. Stock said on post game presser that the crowd showed up before the rains came.
Pleased with the outcome. Finally found a run game, gonna need one next week. Marshal was picked to win our side and any win over the herd is a good one.

Last edited:
Obviously happy for the win, but we did only win by 6 when we were +4 in turnover margin. Think we should have kept pressing more instead if milking clock, but a win is a win.
We beat a team that until after the game most people on this board thought we would lose by a large margin. I really don't care if it is by 6 or 60. Let's be happy for a really good win.

We beat a team that until after the game most people on this board thought we would lose by a large margin. I really don't care if it is by 6 or 60. Let's be happy for a really good win.
Yep, and Marshall's offense is in the Top 5 in multiple categories. They were gonna light it up at some point. That hit by Cody Smith that led to the scoop and score was epic. It also won the game for us.

I could hear the PA announcer thru the Varsity stream I was listening to. Much needed change and sounded great on the radio. I also thought Jeremy Kellum did a fine job at the color commentator spot in Wes’ absence. Any thoughts on the crowd size. Stock said on post game presser that the crowd showed up before the rains came.
Pleased with the outcome. Finally found a run game, gonna need one next week. Marshal was picked to win our side and any win over the herd is a good one.
The crowd seemed about half full at best, it was a bit hard to tell because people were in and out as the waves of rain started and stopped.

I am happy for the players. It seemed to be a game that MT players were all in sync at times. That was an incredible number of turnovers that the Herd had and still they had nearly 500 yards of offense and the Raiders faced a real chance of letting that game get away from them at the very end.

I was one of those predicting a loss by a large margin (in another thread) though I felt it could go MT's way if certain things fell in place. In this case the OL was not the complete disaster it had been in the previous games this season and the opponent's half dozen turnovers was something that allowed MT to win.

I think you guys are both right that Marshall wins (and covers).

I do think MT has a puncher chance, but it would take Marshall's worst game and the Herd's QB's worst game. Stock is a surprising 4-4 against Marshall. Not sure that the new Marshall head coach is the second coming of Nick Saban, But beyond that, MT can't win if the OL continues to be as horrible as it has been this season so far.

Marshall 48
MT 24

About that crowd...

Any thoughts on the crowd size. Stock said on post game presser that the crowd showed up before the rains came.

I remarked on line in another chat at the time "lower student sections pretty full, rest of stadium not so much"

The crowd was no where near the the announced 15,806. it was at best 7 or maybe 8k.

Reactions: MarJac23 and MTTim

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that the PA guy was just filling in for that one game.

Our box felt the crowd was small. marshall showed up in a big way and Raider nation did not. Some students did. The rain ran off the students.

The engineers in the truck for Stadium TV need to be fired for not muting the live mics they had somewhere near the press box windows for crowd sound effect. The rain hitting those mics was absolutely unbearable and extremely distracting TV audio to those trying to hear the broadcast team call the game. I’ve never heard anything like that.

The engineers in the truck for Stadium TV need to be fired for not muting the live mics they had somewhere near the press box windows for crowd sound effect. The rain hitting those mics was absolutely unbearable and extremely distracting TV audio to those trying to hear the broadcast team call the game. I’ve never heard anything like that.

I loved it. That redneck yelling constantly to force fumbles, etc. was hilarious.

I still can’t get over stock trying to run the clock out in the middle of the third quarter. The camera panned to his face at one point while he was looking at the scoreboard. You could see stocks lips moving and he was counting something. I swear to god he was counting remaining time and trying to get an idea of how many possessions Marshall had left and when he could start playing chicken

I absolutely hate this guy man (as a coach, he’s a good person). He plays not to lose. He has no faith in his team. He just wants to squirrel his way out of games and hang on for a W. This man is not a winner and never will be. He doesn’t know how to be. He does not have killer instinct, it’s not in his blood, and he’s not very smart. He’s just hanging on as long as he can to milk as much money as possible. He has zero interest in chasing titles or magical seasons.

Last edited:
I still can’t get over stock trying to run the clock out in the middle of the third quarter. The camera panned to his face at one point while he was looking at the scoreboard. You could see stocks lips moving and he was counting something. I swear to god he was counting remaining time and trying to get an idea of how many possessions Marshall had left and when he could start playing chicken

I absolutely hate this guy man (as a coach, he’s a good person). He plays not to lose. He has no faith in his team. He just wants to squirrel his way out of games and hang on for a W. This man is not a winner and never will be. He doesn’t know how to be. He does not have killer instinct, it’s not in his blood, and he’s not very smart. He’s just hanging on as long as he can to milk as much money as possible. He has zero interest in chasing titles or magical seasons.
In Brent's senior season, 2018 I think, CRS would make gutsy calls and played to win. It's about the only time I've seen it. He was different that season until the 12 men on the field incident. It's been CRS classic ever since.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT