ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Championship Game @ Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 12:30PM, Saturday, December 1, 2018

Legitimate question: Is tomorrow the biggest day in MT football history?

Sans going FBS possibly.

I put it with Troy 2006. Thats the last time we hosted for the championship. I know we claim a “co-champions” for that game, but we were up 20-7 with 2:20 left & Troy left the field as conference champions that day.

That’s the biggest (and most gut wrenching) game MT has had since joining FBS. This game is right there.

Hosting the conference championship.

Dominated UAB for a game already like we did Troy.

Already have a “title” (division champs or co-champs).

This is for that loss. The 2001 UNT loss, the other crushing losses to Troy, and the loss at Arkansas State.

This really is our chance to break through the glass ceiling. So yeah, the biggest game in 12 years.

Last edited:
But the 2001 loss we didn't realize at the time how important...this game is the MOST important FB in our history.

I can agree the not knowing in 2001.

I would argue the 1984 semi-final game hosting La Tech is the most important FB in our history, simply because we win & we play for a national championship.

That said, to me this is tied for 2nd overall with the 2006 game with Troy as our most important. Win either & we are conference champions. I guess knowing the 12 years of misses and the fact this is a true championship game might give this one the edge.

Either way, This is huge game for our program.

I can agree the not knowing in 2001.

I would argue the 1984 semi-final game hosting La Tech is the most important FB in our history, simply because we win & we play for a national championship.

That said, to me this is tied for 2nd overall with the 2006 game with Troy as our most important. Win either & we are conference champions. I guess knowing the 12 years of misses and the fact this is a true championship game might give this one the edge.

Either way, This is huge game for our program.

Sadly, that 1984 game with Louisiana Tech was our only Semifinal appearance in the 1-AA playoffs. Remember that 13-21 loss well. We had our perfect regular season the following year, and four consecutive Quarterfinals run from 1989-92. Never made the promised land.

Hopefully today is different. We really need this Championship. It’s Past Time. Let’s keep the trophy home, Blue Raiders!!

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
I never post about attendance. That said, I would estimate 4K here and that’s being extremely generous. 15-16 sections with no one.

I knew it would be rough today, but this is a new level of disheartening. Hope our guys can take care of business regardless. Go Blue!

Embarrassing attendance. Massaro needs to be fired ! This is pathetic, considering all at play and he can't help fill that place????

Its murfreesboro man. TOwn doesnt give 2 shits about the team. If we were a pro team we would have left 20 years ago

That's where an AD comes in. Do whatever it takes to get butts in seats for something like this. Give tickets to every school kid, go to churches and sell cheap game packs, offer tons of freebie tickets to media outlets to give away. Anything to get people there.

I just can't understand how this guy keeps hanging around as AD. He's so bad.

I'm sorry that he was injured, but how is that not targeting on the WR? He freaking lowered his helmet and drove his crown into our DB.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
They got some OL & Brown is back.

This will be a completely different game until SS adjusts. Good thing is that is our pattern, typically adjust well in game.

one of the worst home crowds i have ever seen. great timing.

on the bright side, we typically do well with small crowds at home. Too many people in the stands = too much pressure

I'm ashamed I'm not at this game. Flu and a crown coming off has me out of commission. This game is going to be a war and no one is there to see it

Rick is gonna need some new drawers after this season. He's balls have grown immensely.

Collins is getting held on nearly every play by their Center. Shrewd operator he is.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
If we cannot stop their run, I don't know how we will win. did UAB even complete a pass on that drive?

Really bad 3 and out there. Defense is tired and they gotta go right back out there. Expect more points from UAB here.

I am not liking the direction of this game at all. Our DL is getting manhandled. I don't think UAB completed a single pass on their TD drive. That's a problem. A big, BIG problem.

Reactions: mtfblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT