ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Championship Game @ Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 12:30PM, Saturday, December 1, 2018

Who is the special teams coach? We don't have one listed in GBR.

Coming out of a timeout, in the most important game in history, with 1 minute left and only needing a FG....and THAT happens?

I played on a high school team that won 1 game in 2 years AND WE WERE NOT EVEN THAT INCOMPETENT.

UN****INGBELIEVABLE

Who is the special teams coach? We don't have one listed in GBR.

Coming out of a timeout, in the most important game in history, with 1 minute left and only needing a FG....and THAT happens?

I played on a high school team that won 1 game in 2 years AND WE WERE NOT EVEN THAT INCOMPETENT.

UN****INGBELIEVABLE
Mike Polly

That cannot happen out of a timeout in that situation.

Someone has to get fired.
Fired? Hell, we're bowl eligible. He gets another year plus a raise. This ending is not surprising in the least to anyone who has followed MT athletics for any length of time at all.

Reactions: cfly1980
I told myself I wasn't gonna be upset when we lost, because deep down I knew we were going to lose. When the refs didn't call the obvious hold on Patrick Smith, I knew it was 100% over.

But I just can't accept the fashion in which we lost. I don't think I've ever seen a team lose a game in that fashion. Not a preseason game, not a regular season, and SURE AS FVCK NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Why's Chip and Kelly giving UAB $hit about having 38 seniors and talking about how they're going to suck next year? Sour, sour grapes. We have a 9th year QB with a damn Master's degree already. We have a roster FULL of juniors and seniors. They think UAB is going to suck next year? We'll be lucky to win 5 games.

Zero excuse or reason for us to lose the championship today, other than....

We got outplayed, and more importantly, out coached.

Fired? Hell, we're bowl eligible. He gets another year plus a raise. This ending is not surprising in the least to anyone who has followed MT athletics for any length of time at all.

You’re right.

The truth is it’s the same crap another year, they just found away to suck us back in emotionally and crush us with as stupid an ending as possible.

I feel the exact same as when Troy hit that 4th and 17 in 2006 when we sent 2 down lineman. It is the exact same feeling.

F this crap city that MT resides in. I’m sickened by this attendance.

F this crap city that MT resides in. I’m sickened by this attendance.

I'm glad nobody showed now. Could you imagine selling out the stadium only to see an ending like that? Thank god nobody came.

So all of you that don't want 2 win seasons. You ready for more of this???

Can't wait for the Defenders can't wait for the excuses. Because bottom line is you can't hide from that high profile of a mistake. I feel bad for the players. They play their hearts out. Then horrible play calling, horrible management, and general dumbassery prevents them from winning a conference championship.

I’d rather have lost by 20 points than like that. I agree. Someone has to lose their job over that crap. I was impressed with how Stock seemed to improve this year but nope. Same ole same ole with no accountability held by anyone.

No one holds anyone accountable in the AD or on the football team. Sheesh.

I really wish Chip and Wes's post game show took calls. I'd love to ask them

#1 Does Mike Polly deserve to keep his job?

#2 Will Mike Polly keep his job?

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
The crappy CUSA can’t even get on a network carried here on the cable in The Peabody. I’ve been following MT game on my phone and watching Memphis/UCF on ABC.

As upset as I am about the game’s outcome, I’m incredibly embarrassed for out town and School. How on earth can anyone demand more from our coaches or AD when we can’t evem get 10k at a conference championship home game. Murfreesboro should be ashamed of itself but it’s to absorbed in the sec to care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT