ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Championship Game @ Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 12:30PM, Saturday, December 1, 2018

I really wish Chip and Wes's post game show took calls. I'd love to ask them

#1 Does Mike Polly deserve to keep his job?

#2 Will Mike Polly keep his job?

He’s been moved around various duties on the staff for the past few seasons. Makes me wonder if he has pics of Stock.

Yes attendance was crappy. One of things I noticed was the game atmosphere. Students got chastised for using profanity at the game and kicked out. If I was still a student I wouldn’t go either. We had a better environment when we were in the belt

Reactions: SpaceRaider
As upset as I am about the game’s outcome, I’m incredibly embarrassed for out town and School. How on earth can anyone demand more from our coaches or AD when we can’t evem get 10k at a conference championship home game. Murfreesboro should be ashamed of itself but it’s to absorbed in the sec to care.

How on earth can you demand more from the AD and Coach? I'll tell you how. How many events or speaking engagements do you see stock-still at? As many as you see me at. Zero. He's a terrible promoter of the program. You have to beg him to do things in the media. Nice Guy. Ok Coach. But terrible salesman and promoter. Kermit didn't have that problem so don't tell me we can't get somebody like that. That being said he had a good enough season, but this is the peak under him. Sorry.

Massaro too. Why give this guy Stockstill a lifetime contract? He has many outright championships as we do on the message board.

Yes attendance was crappy. One of things I noticed was the game atmosphere. Students got chastised for using profanity at the game and kicked out. If I was still a student I wouldn’t go either. We had a better environment when we were in the belt

Wow really? As a student all I did was talk $hit to the opposing team. I remember the UL-Monroe QB nearly coming into the stands after me at one game. God I wish I could remember his name. Montez or something? Dual threat dude. He tossed a game ending INT, I think Burke picked it, and when he came to the sidelines I let him have it and he almost made it into the stands. That's what made the games fun.

edit:

Steven Jyles was his name! Oh the memories.

Reactions: bluefutcpa
As upset as I am about the game’s outcome, I’m incredibly embarrassed for out town and School. How on earth can anyone demand more from our coaches or AD when we can’t evem get 10k at a conference championship home game. Murfreesboro should be ashamed of itself but it’s to absorbed in the sec to care.

Chris Massaro should be ashamed too. It is the AD's job to improve attendance. If he can't figure it out than he needs to get the right people in place to make it happen. Be it coaches, marketing people, or even replacing himself.

Sorry, I'm just beside myself right now. Even took off my MT shirt I'm so pissed. Since turning off the game I've already vacuumed the house and done a load of laundry. I just can't get un-pissed.

Wow really? As a student all I did was talk $hit to the opposing team. I remember the UL-Monroe QB nearly coming into the stands after me at one game. God I wish I could remember his name. Montez or something? Dual threat dude. He tossed a game ending INT, I think Burke picked it, and when he came to the sidelines I let him have it and he almost made it into the stands. That's what made the games fun.

edit:

I was just thinking the same thing. I wouldn't last past the opening drives these days apparently.

We are getting raked across the coals on social media and the CUSA boards about attendance. That and the penalty are the two things people will remember about this game, if anything.

You can view this loss two ways. It magnifies the issues so much that a change will have to be made to improve because 2nd place is not good enough. But we will pretend it is. Then do nothing. Call this season a success and wonder why we have 10k people at games.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
It took Kermit years of winning an a really high level to turn the Boro’s heads. And even then attendance was bad until the games the end of season games that mattered. At some point I’ve got to lay blame on the community at large. This town doesn’t want to support the hand that feeds it.

Reactions: subkyle and C-Bow
Ok. So is Stockstill winning at a high level? Since its not his fault?

It took Kermit years of winning an a really high level to turn the Boro’s heads. And even then attendance was bad until the games the end of season games that mattered. At some point I’ve got to lay blame on the community at large. This town doesn’t want to support the hand that feeds it.

I

edit:

yea man they sent the cops after a couple of dudes our game day experience for students sucks compared to the hen I was there!

I remember Troy players were ready to fight us. After the game and no one stopped us from giving this the business verbally

MTSU is never going to have much support. It's a commuter school in SEC country and it's own students simply don't care about the university. Never have, never will. The city of Murfreesboro takes the university for granted because they know it isn't going anywhere, so why bother supporting? Everyone that lives in Murfreesboro and Rutherford County is a fan of some SEC school. They're either I-was-born-in-Tennessee-so-I'm-cheering-for-the-Vols-by-default, or they cheer for the flavor of the month teams like Alabama, or they a Georgia transplant and have to cheer for "Them Dawgs!", or War Eagle, or whatever. They all have some retarded excuse to cheer for an SEC team. They're SEC sheep and ALWAYS will be.

People need to get over the fact that the community doesn't show up. It never really has, and it never really will. I hate to say "Get over it", but really, get over it. I gave up on the whole attendance thing like 10 years ago. Let it go.

Blame everyone but the people who actually control the product on the field.

I fully do. I blame McPhee. Massaro. Stock.

I fully believe that if we won 10 games for 3 or 4 years in a row that people would show up. 8-4 doesn’t bring the general public out.

I’ve kept my true opinions to myself for too long. This game let it all out. I have zero pull but I’m sure as heck not gonna keep my mouth shut now.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
A: Yes. We freaking just hosted the conference championship. Yeah I’m upset we lost and yeah I want him to win more. But he’s winning enough to justify a hell of a lot more support than this town gives him.

B: The day I get over it is the day I resign to the 1A didn’t work camp and I’m not there. It’s tough for me to just accept all thevyou said Wiley. I know you’re right - I just don’t accept it.

Reactions: Stonesraider
We are getting raked across the coals on social media and the CUSA boards about attendance. That and the penalty are the two things people will remember about this game, if anything.

I think it'll go down as the worst loss in program history. By a mile.

I'm surprised more people are not talking about the obvious defensive holding call against Patrick Smith on that 4th and 6. The camera's didn't do a great job of capturing it but there was a very, VERY obvious hold on Patrick Smith that wasn't called for some reason.

Reactions: Blue_H and T2Tool
A fair amount of bad no calls on Pass Interference and when they players know that they will do it more and more.

I'm surprised more people are not talking about the obvious defensive holding call against Patrick Smith on that 4th and 6. The camera's didn't do a great job of capturing it but there was a very, VERY obvious hold on Patrick Smith that wasn't called for some reason.

There were so many missed calls or just bad calls on both sides of the ball.

That was honestly a disgraceful exhibition of officiating.

And the one call they got absolutely right it took Bill Clark jumping and screaming for them to do their job.

Reactions: MTLynn
That was a big call to miss though. If Patrick Smith was not held he makes that catch and we are in FG range. You think that LB could have stayed with him without holding him? It was an egregious hold. He held him twice actually before he broke his route off and literally fell down because of so much interference. It was RIGHT in front of the official too. I don't understand what has to happen for the call to be made? Does he have to tackle Smith before the ball is in the air? Baffling.

Reactions: Blue_H
Got any pics????
Sorry I don’t live on my phone so I’m not a pic taker.

A lot of you guys/girls are blaming the AD, coach or president for the lack of attendance. I think that is nuts. There needs to be no extra motivation to go to this game. I think most people that live in this close minded community are a joke. Considering what this university produces for these idiot’s tax base, they should at least find some level of support when MT is putting this city on the national stage. Have some self respect!!!

Reactions: lightningsig
The reason I am so upset is that this was the chance. UAB wasn't that great compared to the last few years of C-USA west winners. The east was wayyyyyy down. I'd argue this was not our most talented team. But this year seemed to be the chance. Those of you defending this season as a success. How many teams we beat with a winning record.........2 and one of them was UAB playing it close to the vest last week. Not a bad season for us by any stretch but don't put this down as a top season.

Don't care about the game-day atmosphere anymore to be honest. Especially after today. We need to flush Murfreesboro. I wish the entire University could relocate somewhere and this piece of $hit town could understand the benefit that it provides. you don't realize how important something is until it's gone. Unfortunately, MTSU is stuck with this god forsaken city. I see excuses on Facebook like coaching softball practice and $hit. Get the F outta here. You and everyone at your practice should be at the stadium. Whatever.

We should try playing all our home games at titans stadium one year. At least we could bill to recruits that we play in a professional stadium.

I feel ya Wiley they don’t understand how their bills are being paid. The city is trash and the folks that don’t support the school in the city are trash!

Sorry I don’t live on my phone so I’m not a pic taker.

A lot of you guys/girls are blaming the AD, coach or president for the lack of attendance. I think that is nuts. There needs to be no extra motivation to go to this game. I think most people that live in this close minded community are a joke. Considering what this university produces for these idiot’s tax base, they should at least find some level of support when MT is putting this city on the national stage. Have some self respect!!!

I don’t live in Rutherford County. :D

Don't care about the game-day atmosphere anymore to be honest. Especially after today. We need to flush Murfreesboro. I wish the entire University could relocate somewhere and this piece of $hit town could understand the benefit that it provides. you don't realize how important something is until it's gone. Unfortunately, MTSU is stuck with this god forsaken city. I see excuses on Facebook like coaching softball practice and $hit. Get the F outta here. You and everyone at your practice should be at the stadium. Whatever.

We should try playing all our home games at titans stadium one year. At least we could bill to recruits that we play in a professional stadium.

Wow!!!

Sometimes things have to be obviously bad for real change to happen.

If I were Rick I would hang it up. It would be the right thing to do. It would be the honorable thing to do. I really think continual letdowns have taken its toll.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

If I were Rick I would hang it up. It would be the right thing to do. It would be the honorable thing to do. I really think continual letdowns have taken its toll.

Any one of us who would walk away from $6.6 million guaranteed please raise your hand. LMAO. Stock ain’t crazy.

Well now this Rick Stockstill is a great guy narrative can be put to the test! That's always the fall back. Yeah but he's a good guy. He's an honorable guy. But I think he will hornorably collect his pay check until 2023.

Just got back to Knoxville from the game - first time back to a game since 2016. Some thoughts.

1. Attendance was poor. I don't know the answer. I've preached "win and they will come", but we won this year, and they didn't. I know I'm down on the program, and I don't exactly make the trek over from Knoxville as often as I should - but I can't imagine what kept even casual fans and alumni at home for this one.

2. Officiating was bad. I thought there were a few calls that should have helped us - the 4th and 6 at the end was definately a PI or holding grab (not bad, but still a grab). The narrative loves UAB coming back from the dead, so the tin-foil hat wearing me says UAB definately got some help. But maybe it was bad all around - you know how you only notice the ones that go against you. CUSA should be embarrassed that this was their best crew.

3. I doubt I'll be back in Floyd until we have a new staff. Today only reinforced what i've felt since 2016 - when it comes down to it, this program under Stock is and will never be able to do what it needs to do to be a championship program. There's always someone better. There's always some other guy who makes a play and our guy doesn't. There's always some program that does what it needs to do, and there's always some excuse as to why we don't.

Meh. I ain't even mad. It's just the same old story year after year.

I miss being able to create polls. I'm interested to know how many people think Mike Polly should remain on staff versus being fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT