ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL CUSA Championship Game @ Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 12:30PM, Saturday, December 1, 2018

bleacher report

College Football Picks: Week 14 Predictions for Every Game

excerpt:

UAB (9-3) at Middle Tennessee (8-4), Saturday, 1:30 p.m. ET

Will UAB's offensive line be short-handed again? Middle Tennessee took full advantage in a 27-3 victory last week and racked up a season-high 12 tackles for loss. Without a competent running game to compensate for any defensive issues against a steady MTSU offense, UAB will fold in the Conference USA title game in Murfreesboro.

Prediction: Middle Tennessee 24, UAB 17

Seems like a huge majority believe the Blue Raiders win last Saturday was a fluke.

Another guy picking UAB:

The Action Network:

Wilson: How to Hedge Your Conference Championship Futures

He's betting on UAB mailing it in last Saturday which was clearly not the case giving up homefield advantage just like that. That would be stupid. No coach or players would ever do that. Real champions leave no doubt. So this gambler is gambling on a gamble. He didn't mention us holding out Blankenship and a few defensive linemen ourselves. He didn't mention Dobson who carved them up. He also didn't mention Thunderstorms, heavy rain, and 17-25 mph winds. Lazy writing and research.

"We don't have to beat UAB twice. We just have to beat them this week." Coach Stock gets it. They are treating UAB as a new opponent and are studying all of their game film again preparing to get what they brought other teams in the conference. If Brown and the Line for UAB isn't 100%, we will wear them down and grind out another win. The rain and storms will dictate the flow of this game.

I ran across this reddit thread discussing the historical data about rematches between teams in the same season. Since 1992, there have been 56 rematches in FBS; 40 conference championship and 15 in bowl games, and 1 regular season rematch.

So the team that won the first match is overall 29-26 in rematches. In conference championship games, the initial winner is 25-15; in bowl games, 4-10.

Here's the link:

uab gives Clark a new 5 year deal that runs through 2023 with a base salary of $1.45M starting next year and rising to $1.65M in the final year.

It really is unbelievable that they didn't have a program 4 years ago and now are paying their coach 1.6 million.

Sad that I'll be catching an early flight to Vegas instead of being at this one... I tried to change the flight but nothing was available. I'll be watching from a sports book though!

Reactions: C-Bow
Brent is going to will this team to victory tomorrow. I can't say if it'll be close or not, but MT will win.

Reactions: NUTZ4UMTSU
uab gives Clark a new 5 year deal that runs through 2023 with a base salary of $1.45M starting next year and rising to $1.65M in the final year.

Its crazy at how salaries are growing...Litrrell makes 1.2M, now Clark is at $1.45M. I'd like to see how Clark does when all the JC/transfers are gone before I ponied up.

Stock looks like a great deal at this point...maybe he will pull a Kermit and we will go on a run.

Its crazy at how salaries are growing...Litrrell makes 1.2M, now Clark is at $1.45M. I'd like to see how Clark does when all the JC/transfers are gone before I ponied up.

Stock looks like a great deal at this point...maybe he will pull a Kermit and we will go on a run.

This is what happens when Nick and Jimbo get 75 million contracts and their coordinators making 2.5 million

Reactions: mtfblue
I think Shafer will again display his creative juices.... I also believe the unveiling of new offensive formations last week and whatever new things thrown out this week will cause difficulty for UAB's "D". I don't, however, see a score like last week... I'm predicting a 2 possession lead as a Final (10 points maybe)...

I watched both Brett’s post-game comments & CRS presser from today. When both were asked about the advantages of playing for the conference championship at home, I thought both their answers were kinda sad. Brett said the advantages centered around knowing the routine, what they were gonna eat, etc. Nothing about a home field atmosphere. When CRS was asked, he was similarly non-plussed. Did say he hoped for a good crowd, but that was basically it.
I swear he just looks worn out. You might think finally getting to the conference championship game he would be almost giddy. I still think he is not long for this job. I think playing 3 body bag games a year has taken a toll. Going to both Michigan & Iowa next year, w/o the benefit of one of 25 QB’s in NCAA history to throw 100 or more TD passes, would understandably have one gun shy.
I ran into Floyd Walker before the Vandy game. We talked for about 10 minutes. The last thing he told me, and I don’t think he would mind me sharing, was this. “If I had known sooner what it was like coaching high school football, I would have left college coaching a long time ago”.
CRS has made some pretty nice $$$ the past few years and should have reasonable pensions from the states of SC & TN. You’ll never convince me he will stick around solely for the $$$.
His name is Brent...not Brett. He has been in the program for 6 years you should know his name

Reactions: MarJac23
Weather looking better! Right now its partly cloudy.

Gentlemen, I am PUMPED. We've all been waiting for this for a long time.

Dang it, me too. Glad it's a 12:30 game. Don't think the nerves could stand a late kick.
Was thinking today what got us here. Saw my first MT game in 2000 IIRCC and then remember us getting Vandy in 01. But it was the brawl with Idaho that year that got me hooked. Been a season ticket holder ever since and have seen a bunch of MT football both home and away. Bowl games and 2-10 seasons. I want a WIN for this staff and this team . They deserve it. But, dad gum it I want this game for me ....for us fans ...for the 10K hard cores that actually give a crap about this program. Heck, it's hard being a Middle fan. If this program ever wants to take the next step we need this Championship tomorrow. A lot of people won't see it. But I will, and I'll cherish every minute of it.
Go Blue. Step on their neck.

Last edited:
DtTdcnCWwAEo-Xu.jpg

So I take the only way to enter is with my phone? It says my tickets were printed by the ticket office, but they weren't mailed to me. I was hoping for a souvenir ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT