ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING 6-foot-10 center could join Blue Raiders in 2016

Hate to get my hopes up but if he gets it done in the classroom and combines his talents with the then Sr. Upshaw....DAMN!!!!!

That coupled with a very experienced backcourt.....magic baby.....pure magic.

From what I've gathered it's going to be a battle, but certainly a winnable battle for this young man.

Ultimately it'll be on him to get the job done. He certainly has the motivating factors going for him.

Hope the young man can get his academics in order and join the Blue Raiders in '16. That said, I don't think he will be an automatic "take MT to the next level" type player. His stats and rating do not indicate future NBA greatness but he could be an integral part of the inside rotation. You can't coach 6'-10". FWIW Verbalcommits.com indicates that at one time both UT-K and Nebraska offered.

Likewise I would like to know something. Could it be that it'll be after summer school before eligibility is determined?

If Waters (sp?) is not eligible and on scholarship we would have one to give with Phillips departure and Ivory's medical situation. Baring no further changes, if we get a late signee that would probably be a clear indication that the staff had given up on obtaining eligibility for Waters. (Davis, through the years, has given a clear indication that he would rather be oversigned rather than enter the year with less than a full complement on scholarship.)

On facebook there was a picture of Brandon, Aldonis, and Corey with a young MT fan. Just reading tea leaves, this has some meaning to his eligibility?

Reactions: TeKEraider
Gonna have some early season growing pains with 6 new players on the team

Davion Thomas
Antwain Johnson
Calvin Davis
Tyrik Dixon
Brandon Walters
Corey Williams

I don't see it that way. Williams has been with the team this year. I imagine Walters has been around as well. Upshaw, gamble, Potts, and Simpson really make up the core while foote came on late. I think we are in a really good place. Our best two players are back. Not sure what else you could want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT