ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-4, 0-1) vs Jacksonville State (4-1, 2-0) (ESPNU), 7PM, Wednesday, October 4, 2023

100% #FireStockstill needs to be trending. And that is the very very minimum.
I think most people are beyond giving a shite. Nothing will change as long as SM, CM and Stock are in charge.
If this were a private company it would be shutdown and raided by the FBI by midnight.
Bunch of f$%kin losers.

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Why can these RBs not catch the ball? Dropped dinks and dunks all season.
Why we keep passing to them? Why aren’t they pass protecting when not running the ball & QB going down field or over the middle to our big receivers with great hands? When QB sees them he’s gotta let it rip & they make the play. Holds it too long.

He’s talking about turnovers but the Dobson one was the only one self inflected. The others happened because Nick was literally assaulted the entire night. Amazing he didn’t have more than he did. I mean the OL didn’t run block very well last night but they made up for it by giving up a bunch sacks and QB hurries too.

This is how out of touch he is. In what was quite possibly one of the worst performances in offensive line history he can’t even call it for what it is. What type of job performance rating do the OL coaches get? How the f*** can he not see or understand the actual problems that have literally plagued this program year after year? Maybe Stock needs to move into political office since he can keep a straight face with some of this shit he says.

Of all the absurd coach speak things he’s said over the years, I’m flabbergasted by him calling out player mistakes but not a single offensive linemen. What an absolute joke this clown is. All of them from McPHee on down - clowns.

Last edited:
Of all the absurd coach speak things he’s said over the years, I’m flabbergasted by him calling out player mistakes but not a single offensive linemen. What an absolute joke this clown is. All of them from McPHee on down - clowns.
He doesn't take any blame on himself or his coaches.

Why we keep passing to them? Why aren’t they pass protecting when not running the ball & QB going down field or over the middle to our big receivers with great hands? When QB sees them he’s gotta let it rip & they make the play. Holds it too long.
I said same thing watching from the stands. Why continue to throw to RBs when we have gashed them early with actual WRs?!?!? Slants across the middle worked well too. We quit calling those as well. I'm a baseball guy and don't understand Xs and Os like some of you all, but even I can tell our play calling is abysmal. OL sucks year in and year out. Our QBs haven't had a prayer of staying healthy in well over 10 years. #FireStock

Reactions: ewglenn
Whatever the line is for the LaTech game, bet on Tech and get paid to watch us suck. Stock is in "crash my car into a bridge" mode. He's not changing anything. This means go get paid because they are gonna tank the rest of the season.

I salute anyone who had the ability to set through & watch another one of Stock's post game videos. Watching these have become too much like the bad fraternity initiation from Animal House. But for me, no thank you sir I can't take another.

We beat ourselves tonight???? We were manhandled by a 1-AA transition team at home. No, Rick. Jax State beat us and you and your players and staff are to blame.
We had momentum then the dropped deep ball and the muffed punt gave it to Jax St and they never looked back. Just whipped our asses the final 2 1/2 quarters. #FireStock

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I said same thing watching from the stands. Why continue to throw to RBs when we have gashed them early with actual WRs?!?!? Slants across the middle worked well too. We quit calling those as well. I'm a baseball guy and don't understand Xs and Os like some of you all, but even I can tell our play calling is abysmal. OL sucks year in and year out. Our QBs haven't had a prayer of staying healthy in well over 10 years. #FireStock

i honestly didn’t think Stewart called a bad game overall.

He’s calling a game completely handicapped by OL play. We cant run block and we can’t pass block on 5 step drop.

Those WR screens/ RB swing passes are really an extension of the run game. You need those to work if you can’t run the ball.

If you don’t mix those in, teams will start dropping 8, the underneath coverage can jump routes knowing they have safety help over the top & knowing our OL can’t handle a 3 man rush with DE attacking from the 9 technique.

For us to have 500+ yards and 30 points, given the turnstile OL and turnovers is honestly a testament to Stewart and NV. There’s just not many plays that will consistently work when your OL play is so bad and you can’t just drop NV back looking downfield or throwing slants every time, because JSU will adjust to that. If you notice, the times the OL held up at all, our offense looks pretty dang good. I didn’t like all the calls, but he is so handcuffed.

And NV is a brave young man. Very gutsy.

And Nick threw his own self under the bus on the post game interview. Admirable, but not necessary.
Like I said he has a heart of a champion. He's also a very capable D1 QB and it's being wasted here.

We're lucky to have him but doubt we will much longer. If they can't recruit and develop an offensive line then why would he want to be here?

Like I said he has a heart of a champion. He's also a very capable D1 QB and it's being wasted here.

We're lucky to have him but doubt we will much longer. If they can't recruit and develop an offensive line then why would he want to be here?
Agreed. I really like him.

I told someone this morning that the last time I witnessed a 2nd half collapse that bad was 2007 in Jonesboro AR when Tommy West blew a 25 pt. halftime lead losing 35-31. He went 0-3 against the SunBelt that season also losing to MTSU in Memphis and FAU in a NOLA Bowl beatdown. I attended all three of those Memphis losses.
His O-line Coach? Rick Mallory. 😂

They’re ours now.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
i honestly didn’t think Stewart called a bad game overall.

He’s calling a game completely handicapped by OL play. We cant run block and we can’t pass block on 5 step drop.

Those WR screens/ RB swing passes are really an extension of the run game. You need those to work if you can’t run the ball.

If you don’t mix those in, teams will start dropping 8, the underneath coverage can jump routes knowing they have safety help over the top & knowing our OL can’t handle a 3 man rush with DE attacking from the 9 technique.

For us to have 500+ yards and 30 points, given the turnstile OL and turnovers is honestly a testament to Stewart and NV. There’s just not many plays that will consistently work when your OL play is so bad and you can’t just drop NV back looking downfield or throwing slants every time, because JSU will adjust to that. If you notice, the times the OL held up at all, our offense looks pretty dang good. I didn’t like all the calls, but he is so handcuffed.

And NV is a brave young man. Very gutsy.
Stewart is the least of our concerns. He is actually pretty good. If Rick would just let him hire his own line coach we might be decent there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT