ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-4, 0-1) vs Jacksonville State (4-1, 2-0) (ESPNU), 7PM, Wednesday, October 4, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Links are a work in progress:

maxresdefault.jpg

09072019_FB_UTC_GC_63.jpg

Founded: 1883
Enrollment: 9,540
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Gamecocks
Series: MTSU leads 14-2-2
Stadium: JSU (24,000)
Head Coach: Rich Rodriquez (West Virginia, 1986)
Record at JSU: 9-2 (2nd) Overall: 172-121-2 (26th)
2022 Record: 9-2 2022 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 22/6 Lettermen R/L: 50/42

Television: ESPNU: Play-by-play: Jay Alter, Analyst: Rene Ingoglia, Field Analyst: None

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters (33rd season) Analyst Joe Dubin (1st season)
Local WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM
Nashville 93.3 FM/95.1 FM (Murfreesboro) Sirius XM Internet 988

Streaming:

Live Stats:

Newspapers:
Anniston Star,

Message Boards:
Jaxstate Free Forum,

Blogs:

Athletic site:
jaxstatesports, GoBlueRaiders.com,

Media Guides:
Jacksonville State, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
Jacksonville State Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Game Cocks, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: ,

Twitter:
Jax State Football, , , ,

Hashtags:
#HardEdge, #EarnSuccess ,

Facebook: Jax State Football,

Youtube:
JSU Gamecocks

Instagram:

Last edited:
Sums up the state of our program. JMU was expected last year. No way in he77 we should be underdogs to Jacksonville State at this point in both program's histories.

Reactions: MTTim
1-4 now. Haven't reviewed coaches full tenured record including this year. Does that give him a running 18 year record with more losses than wins yet? Has to be close anyway

I haven't decided if I am going or not. May have to travel for work, but if I don't, it is this game or NSC vs. Orlando. Interesting decision.

To clarify we’re favored
It makes zero sense how we are favored -4 at 1-4 over a 4-1 team that outranks us in every category. Like I said....

Easy money baby. I told y'all. MT is an ATM machine. Jax st. all the way. I'm thinking either 500.00 or 750.00. I got the cash to spare from my winnings this year. I love MT and Vandy. So much. We are 2 days from gametime so I don't expect the line to move too much.

Sums up the state of our program. JMU was expected last year. No way in he77 we should be underdogs to Jacksonville State at this point in both program's histories.
JMU is a force to be reckoned with. They are doing very well in the SBC. They won their division last season but could not play for the championship due to the stupid transition rule. Jax st. is merely a half step back from them. Jax will come in here and stomp a mudhole in MT if they don't start out fast and they haven't shown any ability to do that.

If MT wants to have even a chance at going 6-6, they have to win on Wednesday. If they don't, they might win 3 games. It's an important game but Stock will say it's just another game with his corpse like energy. Jax st. is winning this one.

Reactions: ewglenn

Last edited:
Doesn't that just mean that you're the worst defense in the country?

All series get to third down (unless there's a TO), and if you're the worst in the country at that down, then you are not stopping anyone no matter what happens on 1st and 2nd.
Close to it.

ESPN defense efficiencies has us at 105. Jax is 64.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
game day money pouring in on jax state. Line down to 3. Moneyline has gone from -180 to -144

Not a good sign for MT.

I think MT is about to get bullied, in our house, on black out night, by a first year FBS program.

Yikes

Reactions: BRaiderDave
I think MT is about to get bullied, in our house, on black out night, by a first year FBS program.

Yikes

You know, based on the experience and observations of one old fan, this might end up being the one game of the season that stockstill's team wins that the overwhelming consensus of fans and outside observers don't expect to win. It would not surprise me, but a 3 or 4 touchdown blowout by the gamecocks would not either.

You know, based on the experience and observations of one old fan, this might end up being the one game of the season that stockstill's team wins that the overwhelming consensus of fans and outside observers don't expect to win. It would not surprise me, but a 3 or 4 touchdown blowout by the gamecocks would not either.
I don't know... His comments about inability to gameplan is concerning. It's his damn job...

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
game day money pouring in on jax state. Line down to 3. Moneyline has gone from -180 to -144

Not a good sign for MT.

I don't know man...I like fading public money. The Strip wasn't built on winning tickets. Case in point, Oregon laying 21 against the Fighting Primes.

I may wait until closer to kickoff, hopefully it keeps moving.

I don't know man...I like fading public money. The Strip wasn't built on winning tickets. Case in point, Oregon laying 21 against the Fighting Primes.

I may wait until closer to kickoff, hopefully it keeps moving.

Generally agree. The square public usually loses. But it's only a 64/36% split and the line has come down from as high as -5.5 to -3

It's probably a fair line from a betting perspective. MT does have a good home ATS record which I feel always inflates our numbers.

Jax St. is due for a loss. Should have lost last week but SHSU literally gave the game away. Not sure I have ever seen what happened last week in that SHSU vs Jax St. game last week before. SHSU was a live % 99.9% to win the game and their RB fumbled with 20 seconds left trying to run the clock out. Jax. St. converted that fumble, with 20 seconds loss, to a TD to force OT...then won in OT. Incredible.

They're due for a loss IMO. When a team barely wins like that on the road then has to go back on the road again...a short week at that....there's a lot of variables and circumstances that SHOULD be a negative for them.

If Jax St. is able to come in here and win this game....that is such a damning indictment of the current staff. They would be a first year FBS school, coming off an OT win on the road, playing again on the road w/ a short week, against a two decade tenured head coach who gets to play at home and gets to play the underdog role of being 1-4 (0-1 CUSA) versus a 4-1 (2-0 CUSA) team.

I don't know how any of these coaches, Massaro, or McPhee could even show their faces again if we lose tonight. We all know that they have no shame though....so I'm sure tonight's result doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT