ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL NCAA: 18 violations, almost $60K in illegal benefits

What's crazy is 18 level 1 violations but probably won't get much. The NCAA said TN was the model for how to report. It's all on Pruitt.

What I shame. I was hoping for the hammer to be dropped. Orange is an ugly color.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Nothing will happen, and no one will care. Didn’t LSU go through this just a few years ago and just shrug their shoulders?

NCAA has already said they're trying to shift penalties away from schools and student athletes and more on the coaches that have committed them.

We just toured TN today with my youngest. Man, that place is nice! I had never seen the campus itself, just Neyland and Lindsey Nelson a few times each. If he doesn't go somewhere for baseball, he will more than likely be a Vol.

We just toured TN today with my youngest. Man, that place is nice! I had never seen the campus itself, just Neyland and Lindsey Nelson a few times each. If he doesn't go somewhere for baseball, he will more than likely be a Vol.
🤮

Reactions: Noogaraider1
NCAA has already said they're trying to shift penalties away from schools and student athletes and more on the coaches that have committed them.
Memphis and more specifically, HC Penny Hardaway have been hit with the charge of lack of institutional control.
Memphis is facing at least four Level I and two Level II violations, according to an amended Notice Of Allegations, including lack of institutional control, failure to monitor and head coach responsibility. The violations are reported to have occurred between May 2019 and February 2021.

LINK: “Waiting on punishment “

"Man, that place is nice!"

I've heard similar from UT-K alumni who have visited recently after an absence. The campus has been transformed from just another college campus into a well managed, manicured park. Mentioned was no more broken pavement or concrete, no more buildings needing painting, no more spots of bare grass, and landscaping everywhere.
It is amazing just how quickly the movers and shakers of a "flagship" university can find the funds to make improvements.
I'm not a fan of Randy Boyd, the politician, but one does have to admire his ability to upgrade the image of UT-K through the looks of the campus, if nothing else.

I am hearing that in response to the NCAA finding that they are going to accept UTk self imposed ban from the 2019 college football playoffs As punishment.

What drives me nuts with UT is that the campus isn't in Knoxville. Knoxville is in the campus. Morgantown is the same way with WVU. WVU has a tram rail all around town. It's a bus ride from bball coliseum to stadium.

That's one thing that really drove me to MT when I was looking. Loved how the campus was all together. I walked everywhere except when I had bball and fly fishing at Murphy and rode my bike to BAS after.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
that number is low. There was more the 60k involved with those "benefits". Sommeone left off some zeros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT