ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Murray St and North Alabama Future Games Added

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
Murray State added in 2026 and North Alabama added in 2027. Future OOC games scheduled:

September 16, 2034. Will Rick Stockstill still be the coach when Troy comes to town? That is the question!
at age 75? I hope not. if he is and I live that long, I do not want to see it. The man has enough money or should, he needs to be retired and enjoying his later years with his grand children and go to games whereever Brent is at that point in his coaching career.

Boomers need to move on, whether in coaching, or any other field of endeavor.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Who knows. Stock's idol and mentor, Bobby Bowden (still wears the logo on his hats) was hired at FSU when he was 47. Retired at 80. His first season was his ONLY losing season there by the way.

Stock was hired at 48. He'll be 66 in December. I hope he doesn't want to coach till 80......

Who knows. Stock's idol and mentor, Bobby Bowden (still wears the logo on his hats) was hired at FSU when he was 47. Retired at 80. His first season was his ONLY losing season there by the way.

Stock was hired at 48. He'll be 66 in December. I hope he doesn't want to coach till 80......

Based on his average so far hard to imagine being allowed to coach 1 place for 30 years & not end up with at least 200 victories to your name. Sad for him, the university, & the fans.

• Sad
I like the way we are filling the schedule.
I don't know what it is about Rick wanting to stay in his role but out of pride, let it go man. If he fumbles it this year, why would he hang on other than outright blindness of the paycheck. There is no way an AD can go out into JRF and be able to count with the naked eye, the amount of people in the stands and believe that your football coach is doing a good job.

Wreckless behaviour.

Based on his average so far hard to imagine being allowed to coach 1 place for 30 years & not end up with at least 200 victories to your name. Sad for him, the university, & the fans.
If stuckstill ends his tenure here with a .500 record (which is likely) there will be some dumb-ass university employee who wants to celebrate his mediocrity.

• Sad
I like the way we are filling the schedule.
I don't know what it is about Rick wanting to stay in his role but out of pride, let it go man. If he fumbles it this year, why would he hang on other than outright blindness of the paycheck. There is no way an AD can go out into JRF and be able to count with the naked eye, the amount of people in the stands and believe that your football coach is doing a good job.

Wreckless behaviour.
The football program would deliver better results if 7-wood desired anything other than mediocrity.

I figured Rick has his eye on 156 at this point (if he can get there). He already owns the record for most career losses at MT.

Assuming he averages 6 wins a year (cause that's what he's done so far), he would become MT's all time head coach leader in wins during the 2030 season. It would be his 25th season. Murphy got there in 22, but they only play 10 games a season back then (vs. 12 or 13 now).

Oh 100% if he retires with a winning record he will be in the BRHOF. Guaranteed. You have to have a .600 to be in CHOF but we will reward 1 game over .500.

Oh 100% if he retires with a winning record he will be in the BRHOF. Guaranteed. You have to have a .600 to be in CHOF but we will reward 1 game over .500.
This may be enough incentive for our leadership to continue to drag their heels from flirting with other conferences and remain firmly ensconced in CUSA so MT doesn't have to do anything but 'compete' in the lowest reputation of G5 conferences.

• Angry
This may be enough incentive for our leadership to continue to drag their heels from flirting with other conferences and remain firmly ensconced in CUSA so MT doesn't have to do anything but 'compete' in the lowest reputation of G5 conferences.
That's just sad on soooo many levels. 😔 There are so many issues with this whole situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT