ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(2-4, 1-2) @ Connecticut (1-7) (CBSSN), 5PM, Friday, October 22, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

m_footbl_auto_original_9897335.jpeg

University of Connecticut
Founded: 1881
Enrollment: 32,669 Undergrad 24,371 Postgrad 8,298
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Navy blue, white, gray Nickname: Huskies Mascot: Jonathan the Husky
Fight song: UConn Fight Song
Series: MT leads 2-0
Stadium: Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field (capacity: 42,704)
Head Coach: Lou Spanos
Record at UConn: Overall:
2020 Record:
Did not play 2020 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/6 Lettermen R/L: 42/12

Weather Forecast: 67°, Mostly Cloudy, Precipitation 0%, WNW 7 mph

Where: Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, 615 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT 06118

Stadium Policies (prohibited items):

Ticket Notes:

Television:
CBS Sports Network, Play-by-play: John Sadak; Analyst: Randy Cross. On Comcast/XFinity CBSSN is on channel 1303. On DirecTV, CBSSN is channel 221. On Dish, CBSSN is channel 158

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), Satellite radio channel: Sirius/XM channel 974, Varsity Network

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: Hartford Courant, New Haven Register, , ,

Message Boards:
The Boneyard, , , , ,

Blogs:
theuconnblog.com, , uconndaily.com,

Athletic site:
uconnhuskies.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: Connecticut, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: UConn Huskies: CFN College Football Preview 2021, , ,

Game Notes:
UConn Game Notes, MT game notes, CUSA Game Notes

Game Previews: Middle Tennessee vs. UConn Football Prediction and Preview, Middle Tennessee vs UConn Prediction, Game Preview, ,

Roster:
Huskies, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @UConnFootball, @CoachSpanos, , , , , , , , @mikecrispinonyk, @NeillOstrout, @DougBonjour, , , @UConn_Insider, @AmoreCourant, , @UConnDaily, , , , @PWStadium, , , , @TheUConnHusky,

Hashtags:
#BleedBlue, #HuskiesUp, , ,

Facebook:
UConn Huskies, UConn Football, ,

Youtube:
, , ,

Instagram:

Last edited:
Watch us lose.

Coming off a bye, which if my mind has looked it up right Stock has a losing record on

OoC opponent which Stock rarely focuses on

UConn just won a game. Gonna be high

Biggest....totally a Middle thing to do

Reactions: Hop45
make that -15 now
interesting remarks on the spread and a comment on MT alum and fan Chris Childers:

"...Recently I was listening to Chris Childers on the ESPNU station on Sirius-XM. He & Rick Neuheisel were giving their thumbs up of certain teams's performances the previous weekend. Coach Rick extolled UMass for getting off the schneid against UConn.

Now the rub: Childers first congratulated UMass's head coach on the win as he was a classmate. If he had stopped there, I would have been fine with it. But, NOOOO! Childers is based in Nashville & had attended the Vanderbilt game in person. He went on a rant about how UConn couldn't get out of its own way & were an embarrassment to college football.

Childers is an alum of MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. It would be divine justice for the Huskies to proverbially say "Stick it Chris!"

interesting remarks on the spread and a comment on MT alum and fan Chris Childers:

"...Recently I was listening to Chris Childers on the ESPNU station on Sirius-XM. He & Rick Neuheisel were giving their thumbs up of certain teams's performances the previous weekend. Coach Rick extolled UMass for getting off the schneid against UConn.

Now the rub: Childers first congratulated UMass's head coach on the win as he was a classmate. If he had stopped there, I would have been fine with it. But, NOOOO! Childers is based in Nashville & had attended the Vanderbilt game in person. He went on a rant about how UConn couldn't get out of its own way & were an embarrassment to college football.

Childers is an alum of MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. It would be divine justice for the Huskies to proverbially say "Stick it Chris!"
So sad when MT alumns in the media have to play the game and fail to support MT or at least not say/do things to hurt their school.

UConn's only chance to win another game this season is Friday night.

UConn finishes the season, after a two straight open dates, @ Clemson and UCF and a home game against Houston

We are lucky tyler phommachanh is out for Uconn. He was really starting to look good and the team was looking better with him and then he had a season ending injury. The QB for them now is terrible, steven krajewski. He can hardly throw a forward pass. Uconn's MO is run the ball and play good defense.

They will try to shorten the game with the ground game, limit turnovers, and play good defense. They can beat us if they play sound football and do those things. They've been a piss poor team because they turn the ball over like crazy.

I like Uconn +15 here. A lot. I could easily see Middle TN losing this game if our defense doesn't show up.

We are the better team no doubt about it when we are on our A game. The problem is, this team only brings it's A game 50% of the time.

no injuries reported for MT but then there never are any reported, but plenty in the post game interview

PlayerPOSInjuryStatus (Updated)Notes
DraytonWRKneeout for season(09/24/2021)Drayton is expected to miss the entire 2021 season due to a knee injury.
KeatingLSUndisclosedQues Fri(10/17/2021)Keating missed the last game due to an injury to an unlisted location, and it is unclear if he will return to take on Middle Tennessee on Friday.
MeyerOLIllnessOut indefinitely(10/08/2021)Meyer is out of the lineup due to COVID-19 protocols, and there is no timetable for recovery.
PhommachanhQBUndisclosedOut indefinitely(10/05/2021)Phommachanh is tending to an undisclosed issue, and it is unknown if he will return to action.
RoseTEIllnessOut indefinitely(10/19/2021)Rose has been entered into the COVID-19 protocol, and a timetable for his return is unclear.
RossWRFootOut indefinitely(09/04/2021)Ross is nursing a foot injury, and it is unclear how long he will be idle for.
Van DemarkOLIllnessOut indefinitely(10/08/2021)Van Demark is sidelined due to a positive COVID-19 result, and he will miss an undetermined length of time.

Reactions: MT Glenn
I'm sure Quincy Riley will be out as usual, with no reason listed as to why

Reactions: MT Glenn
Thought about making it up to CT from NYC for this one but I’m just not interested in spending any more time than it takes to walk to my couch to watch the game.

Quincy should be back on the field tomorrow night. I wanna see a pick 6 from my dude

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Last edited:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT