ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL FAU fires coach Charlie Partridge

That typically happens when you allow a team on their 3rd string, emergency QB (who start at WR) to score 77 points.

FAU will be a interesting opening to watch in the coming week or two.

Now, can we fire our DC!?
Be careful. The boys at BRZ are deleting posts and hit me with the Ban Hammer. Some folks can't handle the truth.

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: For being an insufferable pillock undeserving of a voice, much less access to BRZ.

A ban has been issued on your username."

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
yeah i see them over there calling this a great year. please man. you have to consider we were picked first in the conference and expectations were to win the championship. 8 wins looks good but you also have to consider we play one of the easiest schedules in the country. not a single opponent in the top 25 and the few top 50 opponents we did play (Vanderbilt/WKU) we lost to. So you've really got to take it in perspective instead of just looking at 8 wins as good. It's about who you beat and what your expectations were. And when you factor that in, I'm still unhappy about the season. 8 wins is fine if we beat WKU, Vanderbilt, and are headed to the conference championship game. but we are not.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Thanks for posting that. I have to admit, as soon as I saw that you had been banned from there I thought, wonder if I will be next, b/c I often agree with FR and expand on thoughts with quite a bit of backlash on occasion. I often talk about similar stuff i.e. our problems and what we can do to improve and I guess it is not "OK" for us to have those discussions. Some of my posts were also deleted in a thread about our defense being bad. FR didn't post anything remotely ban-worthy... folks were complaining about him having a rightfully negative outlook on our coaches and defense. Well, that's life... weird things happenin'...

yeah i see them over there calling this a great year. please man. you have to consider we were picked first in the conference and expectations were to win the championship. 8 wins looks good but you also have to consider we play one of the easiest schedules in the country. not a single opponent in the top 25 and the few top 50 opponents we did play (Vanderbilt/WKU) we lost to. So you've really got to take it in perspective instead of just looking at 8 wins as good. It's about who you beat and what your expectations were. And when you factor that in, I'm still unhappy about the season. 8 wins is fine if we beat WKU, Vanderbilt, and are headed to the conference championship game. but we are not.

Yes we were picked 1st at the start of the year. With the exception of BAMA what team in the country is anywhere near their season expectation?

Now that said lets look at some MT stats:
We all know the "D" isn't very good this year, Why?
* We are currently playing with our # 6 and # 7 safety due to injury's.
* We are playing with our #5, #6, and #7 LB's due to injury.
Now mind you, our # 1's and "2's of each had very little playing time before this year.
* We lost our only good interior "D" lineman on the 2nd play this year.
These are NOT excuses, but only facts.
I do agree that changes are needed within the "D" staff and I anticipate them after our Bowl Game.

While our "D" has struggled, we have still managed to win 8 games even with our starting QB going down, our #2 QB going down and loosing a number of receivers prior to the start of season.

The most important thing we as alum's and fans can do is try to maintain a positive support. I truly believe that to be a fan is to support win or loose!!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and look forward to a wonderful Christmas season.

Go MT
Dwinns

Pillock? They went deep into the thesaurus for that one. I had to google the definition of it. I would share, but it's a Scandinavian word for something that would be censored.

Reactions: C-Bow
Pillock? They went deep into the thesaurus for that one. I had to google the definition of it. I would share, but it's a Scandinavian word for something that would be censored.
The youngsters over there can't carry on a decent discussion or debate without making it personal, calling names and cursing. Maybe I can change my username to PillockRaider315

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Bow
Yes we were picked 1st at the start of the year. With the exception of BAMA what team in the country is anywhere near their season expectation?

Now that said lets look at some MT stats:
We all know the "D" isn't very good this year, Why?
* We are currently playing with our # 6 and # 7 safety due to injury's.
* We are playing with our #5, #6, and #7 LB's due to injury.
Now mind you, our # 1's and "2's of each had very little playing time before this year.
* We lost our only good interior "D" lineman on the 2nd play this year.
These are NOT excuses, but only facts.
I do agree that changes are needed within the "D" staff and I anticipate them after our Bowl Game.

While our "D" has struggled, we have still managed to win 8 games even with our starting QB going down, our #2 QB going down and loosing a number of receivers prior to the start of season.

The most important thing we as alum's and fans can do is try to maintain a positive support. I truly believe that to be a fan is to support win or loose!!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and look forward to a wonderful Christmas season.

Go MT
Dwinns

Hard to disagree with any of this.

And if this was an anomaly suffered by a team that's had success in the past, you could shrug your shoulders and say, "we'll, them's the breaks", and move on to next year.

Our program is like a car that keeps breaking down. One day it's the battery. Next year, it's a flat tire. Next year, the alternator is broke. Year after that, the muffler fell off. Then the tranny went out. Soon as that got fixed, a belt broke.

Taken individually, a dead battery isn't a big deal.

But then you look back, and you realize you haven't actually gone anywhere since you bought the car.

At some point, you have to realize that you have a clunker that isn't going to move you forward.

Hard to disagree with any of this.

And if this was an anomaly suffered by a team that's had success in the past, you could shrug your shoulders and say, "we'll, them's the breaks", and move on to next year.

Our program is like a car that keeps breaking down. One day it's the battery. Next year, it's a flat tire. Next year, the alternator is broke. Year after that, the muffler fell off. Then the tranny went out. Soon as that got fixed, a belt broke.

Taken individually, a dead battery isn't a big deal.

But then you look back, and you realize you haven't actually gone anywhere since you bought the car.

At some point, you have to realize that you have a clunker that isn't going to move you forward.
Great post. I've gotten sick of seeing the following press release for 2 out the first 3 years they've been in CUSA. Am I expecting too much?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT