ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL New Coach Wish List

The thing with Manny is he would be taking a guaranteed pay cut coming here unless we are paying at least $2 million. I can't find a current Penn St. contract for him but the previous DC was making 1.6 million, so Manny is definitely above that.

Manny has had offset language from his Miami contract that has paid him at least $6.5 million the last two seasons. That ends going into the 2024 season so all he will have is his Penn St contract. I'd guess it's $2 million/year but that's a big drop from the $6.5 million he was used to making.

We would have to at least match that $2 million or get within 5% thanks to no state taxes in TN for Manny to NOT take a pay cut. Would we do that ? Manny is also a top assistant in the country with a proven track record....he is destined for a P5 job if he is just patient. Why take the risk coming to MT and uprooting your family again ?

If he does come, he must really want out at Penn St. and we just happen to have an opening that makes a little sense for him. At that point, it would be pure luck that he fell into our lap.
Manny automatically would get pay increase due to no state income tax.

I texted a friend earlier today asking if it might be Buster. I think it's Buster or Manny at this point.

Buster wouldn't be that bad. He is a good offensive mind and his offenses were good when he was here.

The fact that him and Stockstill didn't seem to get along and had differing views on the offense is actually reassuring to me. The only issue I would have with Buster is I don't want any Stockstill's on the staff, including Brent. And I could see Buster keeping Brent around for obvious reasons. The only assistant I want to see retained is Royston and maybe Shafer.

The head coaching hire is going to be important but I'm more curious to see what assistants we can get in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewglenn
Buster wouldn't be that bad. He is a good offensive mind and his offenses were good when he was here.

The fact that him and Stockstill didn't seem to get along and had differing views on the offense is actually reassuring to me. The only issue I would have with Buster is I don't want any Stockstill's on the staff, including Brent. And I could see Buster keeping Brent around for obvious reasons. The only assistant I want to see retained is Royston and maybe Shafer.

The head coaching hire is going to be important but I'm more curious to see what assistants we can get in here.
I would be shocked if Shafer is still around.

Eddie George and his 15-18 record is not impressive and he's definitely not Deion. HOWEVER - Anyone can see what sort of value and exposure Deion brought to Colorado and I can see trying to want to recreate that. But Eddie is not that answer. There is only one Deion.

Anyone checked out the Duke boards or media? What are they saying about their search? That tells us if Manny is even a consideration at this point.

Reactions: BlueraiderSC
Can’t tell if google is having problems or if this is a troll post or something.

IMG-8878.png

One thing about here versus a power 5 job that would bare some similarity to a Liberty U for example. Diaz may not have quite the same name as a Hugh Freeze, but like him he would be treated like an absolute prince for a long time here. Close to $2 million annually & to be knowingly welcomed with open arms could possibly go a long way in the decision process.

One thing about here versus a power 5 job that would bare some similarity to a Liberty U for example. Diaz may not have quite the same name as a Hugh Freeze, but like him he would be treated like an absolute prince for a long time here. Close to $2 million annually & to be knowingly welcomed with open arms could possibly go a long way in the decision process.
Didn't his wife have a job as an instructor at MT when here?

I'm so not sold on Manny. He was not a successful HC. He just wasn't. He's a better DC than a HC at this point. But, who the hell knows?

Reactions: THEBLUERAIDER
I'm so not sold on Manny. He was not a successful HC. He just wasn't. He's a better DC than a HC at this point. But, who the hell knows?
Manny was 21-15 at Miami. Not great, but not terrible. Who has really done better since? Sark was 34-29 at Washington and 12-6 at USC. He was 13-12 at Texas his first two seasons, but now has them 12-1 and in the Playoff. The jury is still out on Sark in my opinion as this is by far his moat successful year ever, but I wouldn’t judge Manny solely on his 3 seasons at Miami.

If it's Eddie George we riot. I would literally rather keep Stockstill than hire Eddie George.

Please god...there's no way they are that stupid.........right ? ..... RIGHT ?

If it's Eddie George we riot. I would literally rather keep Stockstill than hire Eddie George.

Please god...there's no way they are that stupid.........right ? ..... RIGHT ?
Lord I hope not. To say that would close the door on donation potential is an understatement.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Manny was 21-15 at Miami. Not great, but not terrible. Who has really done better since? Sark was 34-29 at Washington and 12-6 at USC. He was 13-12 at Texas his first two seasons, but now has them 12-1 and in the Playoff. The jury is still out on Sark in my opinion as this is by far his moat successful year ever, but I wouldn’t judge Manny solely on his 3 seasons at Miami.
No, I get it but again, his first year, he was 0-2 vs. Conference USA. LOL. He lost to FIU in 2019 the same year we beat FIU 50-14. We put 50 on a team that Manny couldn't beat and we only won like 4 games that year. LaTech goose egged them in a bowl. Just sayin. It is what it is if we get him but a DC does not know O and it won't be lemonade and sunshine. Plus, he's really expensive. What's the budget to get good assistants when we shoot our wad to get him? I just don't know anymore.

Reactions: crposton
Why so against Eddie? Titan great with name recognition.

because he can't even win at Tennessee State?

What on earth would make someone believe he can win at MT? MT is a much more difficult place to win than Tennessee State....

Why so against Eddie? Titan great with name recognition.
He's 15-18 with 1 winning season and a losing conference record.

CM fires a guy for 3 losing seasons in 5 and a losing conference record in those 5, just to hire a guy who's record is the same? Just for name recognition?

Totally not worth the risk. At all.

We ride at midnight if it's Eddie George

No F'ing way bro....

I can't believe we are even discussing this...

They cannot be this stupid?

It would be the most predictable, out of touch hire in possibly history. I can already see these morons thinking they can suck off some Deion hype by hiring someone who is perceived to be like him in Eddie George

Just one difference.....Deion won and won BIG at his FCS gig. He already proved that he knows what he is doing and can recruit enough to win....And even with all that being said....Deion still might flame out at Colorado despite his success at the FCS level....

Eddie George doesn't even have that. He's a loser at the FCS level. Why would he even be considered? You're replacing a loser with an even bigger loser.

I'll burn my diploma if its Eddie George

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT