ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Big Brother to the east has tough standards…..

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
I know this is redundant to a thread in the Lady Raider Forum but don’t want my point of the comparison to CM’s handling our Men’s Basketball Coach situation to put any stench on our fine WBB Coaching staff.

The Vols fired their WBB Coach, Kellie Harper, after 5 years, 4 NCAA appearances (2nd round, Sweet 16, Sweet 16, 2nd Round, (108-52), (53-24).

They will pay her $1.1MM through 2027.

Meanwhile in Murfreesboro………..the Men’s Head Basketball Coach gets another free pass after 4 losing seasons in 6, no NCAA appearances and an overall record at MTSU of (82-105), (46-60).

We have crazy people running this show.

Last edited:
I think it is about setting standards and expectations, not just saying them.

Yeah we moved on from Stock, but if the same record happens woth CDM in 5yrs, it really isn't a change. And Stock was more about apathy than results.

The new Lady Vols coach will know Sweet 16 or 2nd round isn't good enough because the admin proved it by actions, by firing Harper.

We've never really set a standard by actions with our current admin.

Actually, tacos sound good. Getting kinda hungry.
Taqueria Lupita on Bradyville Pike are the best tacos in the Boro. If you can get past the looks of building you’ll have some amazing food. There isn’t a close second place around.

Taqueria Lupita on Bradyville Pike are the best tacos in the Boro. If you can get past the looks of building you’ll have some amazing food. There isn’t a close second place around.
Quite often the best places are the ones off the beaten path. I remember thinking yuck when a friend took me to Slick Pig soon after arriving. But man, one time and I was hooked. I ate there all the freaking time. Was first name basis with Jerry the owner then and everything.

I didn't look near as nice 25yrs ago as it does now with the addition. Back then it really was a hole in the wall.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Quite often the best places are the ones off the beaten path. I remember thinking yuck when a friend took me to Slick Pig soon after arriving. But man, one time and I was hooked. I ate there all the freaking time. Was first name basis with Jerry the owner then and everything.

I didn't look near as nice 25yrs ago as it does now with the addition. Back then it really was a hole in the wall.
I am a very adventurous eater but the looks of Taqueria Lupita even had me second guessing it. The people were so inviting and nice and it is truly amazing tacos. I can’t rave about them enough.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
The owner of slick pig would come into the now defuct kroger on what was South Tennessee to purchase any overages that he would need to make his slaw and what not. Super nice guy.

I remember going into slick pig the first time in the late 90s thinking it was a dive BBQ shop. But I was hooked.

Funny how this post has become about old food joints. If anyone recalls it I'll throw out a place that's now closed. My favorite was Pope Taylor's Bar-B-Q on Woodbury Rd back in the day. Looked like a roadhouse from the outside, but best tasting BBQ ever had.

Funny how this post has become about old food joints. If anyone recalls it I'll throw out a place that's now closed. My favorite was Pope Taylor's Bar-B-Q on Woodbury Rd back in the day. Looked like a roadhouse from the outside, but best tasting BBQ ever had.
I liked Goff's much more.

The Smyrna Event Center has pulled pork several times per month, and it reminds me of Pope Taylor's.

Reactions: RaidRRick
The owner of slick pig would come into the now defuct kroger on what was South Tennessee to purchase any overages that he would need to make his slaw and what not. Super nice guy.

I remember going into slick pig the first time in the late 90s thinking it was a dive BBQ shop. But I was hooked.

As a student and recent grad who lived near campus 03-06, I survived off their family packs - I could eat for a couple of days on that. Them and Fat Mo's when it opened were the reason I went from getting out of the Army at a pretty well put together 205lbs and turned into a roly poly 250-ish when i graduated 2 years later.

• Haha
Reactions: Hop45 and ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT