ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Best record in TN

If we keep winning games, he can stay as long as he wants. It's been 7 years since we've had a losing season. No other team in CUSA can say that and very few other G5's can say that. You can argue this all you want but we aren't 1-8 wanting to kill our HC right now. I would much rather be 6-3 than 1-8, 2-7 or 3-6 right now and that's where we could be if we dumped Stock for someone else because it feels better. That also doesn't equate to butts in seats on a Friday night during high school playoffs either. LaTech played FAU on a Friday night last week and guess what? They had no one there. Empty stadium. FIU was leading the east playing it's biggest game in many years and it was virtually empty.

Attendance is dropping for all G5 teams. Memphis might still have folks showing up but they are 5-4 and their attendance will drop too.

No coach is perfect and if they are, they are gone in a year anyways. This is the life of a G5 team. If you don't like it, there's the SEC right down the street. When winning feels like the same old thing, people may stop caring but I've been here when we couldn't beat friggin SEMO st. So, I tend to not hope for change when I know we could hire a Watson Brown. (which we nearly did twice)

Sorry for the rant. I'm taking our 6-3 with a real shot at playing for the title this year. I was there in the stands. I did my job. If others didn't, that's on them, not me.

If we keep winning games, he can stay as longwants. It's been 7 years since we've had a losing season. No other team in CUSA can say that and very few other G5's can say that. You can argue this all you want but we aren't 1-8 wanting to kill our HC right now. I would much rather be 6-3 than 1-8, 2-7 or 3-6 right now and that's where we could be if we dumped Stock for someone else because it feels better. That also doesn't equate to butts in seats on a Friday night during high school playoffs either. LaTech played FAU on a Friday night last week and guess what? They had no one there. Empty stadium. FIU was leading the east playing it's biggest game in many years and it was virtually empty.

Sorry for the rant. I'm taking our 6-3 with a real shot at playing for the title this year. I was there in the stands. I did my job. If others didn't, that's on them, not me.

Rant on brother!!!! Spot on ! At the beginning of the year many on here predicted we would not be where we are and many of us hoped for the best. At this point we have to take care of OUR business and let the chips fall where they may. I'll bet we look back and see that this year was better than expected

I've done my part as well. Attended all home games, Ga and Vandy. I was not sitting in my "Franklin office" waiting for CM to crawl back and ask for my forgiveness nor was I driving my wet ass back from a meaningless Memphis Game. We all have things to gripe about but we are in a god place at the moment. Let's get thru these last 3 games and be happy we are playing for something.

Is this year the first time in CUSA where we're actually in a position to win the championship, or even go to the champ game?

Yup. First time. We've finished 2nd before but we've been out of the race by the time we've gotten this deep into the season.

Rant on brother!!!! Spot on ! At the beginning of the year many on here predicted we would not be where we are and many of us hoped for the best. At this point we have to take care of OUR business and let the chips fall where they may. I'll bet we look back and see that this year was better than expected

I've done my part as well. Attended all home games, Ga and Vandy. I was not sitting in my "Franklin office" waiting for CM to crawl back and ask for my forgiveness nor was I driving my wet ass back from a meaningless Memphis Game. We all have things to gripe about but we are in a god place at the moment. Let's get thru these last 3 games and be happy we are playing for something.

E.A.T.T.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT