ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Raquon Hartley commitment, #1 of 2019

lol... SC only puts out about 8 to 12 FBS players a year, you know it's bad if ccu didn't offer.

lol... SC only puts out about 8 to 12 FBS players a year, you know it's bad if ccu didn't offer.
I must have missed the last 3 years of college football where Clemson (1/3 of roster from SC) made the playoffs and won one National Championship. 20 years since the state of Tennessee was able to claim the same.

Note: I am not a Clemson fan. I hate the color orange in all its shades.

We beat out Liberty, Mercer, and Wofford. 1st year FBS, FCS, and FCS respectively. Way to aim high CRS.

I feel like this is the biggest failing of the Stock era. Which is weird because he was South Carolina's recruiting coordinator.

We simply do not recruit at the level needed to contend and win a conference championship.

Reactions: dukewayne
I feel like this is the biggest failing of the Stock era. Which is weird because he was South Carolina's recruiting coordinator.

We simply do not recruit at the level needed to contend and win a conference championship.

I agree and he seems to be getting worse at it.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
It seems MT has some quality coords especially with the new Def Coord that MT is at least a little more competitive. MT still has not taken a big step forward. Maybe MT is just now playing up to the potential of the players. That makes it sort of difficult for MT to compete at another whole level unless CRS can start recruiting far more talented, big, and athletic players. Unfortunately, there are no signs of that being the case. With a Sr QB in Brent and the improved D under the new DC, MT might have been looking at a decent season if they were still playing the soft schedules from the last handful of years. With the increasingly tough schedule, it will likely be a struggle again to get above .500. It should be interesting to see if there are any big changes at the end of this upcoming season given CRS's son will be finishing his MT playing career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT