ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (6-2) vs Belmont (4-3), Sun Dec 3 at 2pm on ESPN+

If only we passed the ball out to the wing when we get triple-teamed (Wheeler and Whitson...)

This coaching has been baffling. Not a single timeout all game. I have no idea how that is okay after how this game has gone. We cut it to 14 with 2 minutes left and he calls on them to just run 30 seconds of offense... just plain silly.

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Final 71-57

Team Comparison
STATISTIC
FG%32%45%
FGs18-5725-55
3FG%32%54%
3FGs6-1913-24
FT%83%100%
FTs15-188-8
TOs510
PtsOffTO25
TotReb3238
DefReb2129
Off Reb119
2ndChPts116
BenchPts69
PtsPaint2418
FstBkPt04
Blocks20
Steals43
Assts917
Times Tied:2
Time Tied:2:23
Lead Chg:0
LeadTime0:0037:11

Old fashion butt whooping. Looking ahead to UT? Doesn't matter. That one is gonna sting and a game like thay may yield even worse results on Wednesday. Speaking of Wednesday did anyone notice our brilliant marketing department? First, they released a social media post (later removed) showing the UT game was today. Then at the men's game last night, they were advertising it on the scoreboard as being on the 5th. It's the 6th. 🤔

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Speaking of Wednesday did anyone notice our brilliant marketing department? First, they released a social media post (later removed) showing the UT game was today. Then at the men's game last night, they were advertising it on the scoreboard as being on the 5th. It's the 6th.
That's not surprising. I didn't notice it last night at the men's game I was so blinded by rage at how that game went, but in the early early bb games before the senior day game for football (UTEP) they were advertising the game and correct date as the Sam Houston game which was the last game and away to boot.

it's time for him to retire, plan and simple
I would hope Matt (because I think we all know he most likely will be, and should be, the next HC) actually improves on some of these areas that need improvement of in-game coaching.

Reactions: MTFAN61
We looked like a mediocre high school team. Anybody else miss Malashka?
Belmont is not a pushover and we were not ready to play today. Their 3 losses were to Missouri, Mississippi State, and Stanford. All of those are extremely good P5 schools. I think our issue was in large part due to defense today... just a total lack of execution on covering their 3 point shooters. And the shooting was pretty bad for the guards outside of Ta'Mia and Sifa.

They're no pushover, but they're not South Carolina. We should've been more competitive. The final score doesn't look as bad as it was. I don't think we'll beat UT, which will make us 0-4 in the high ranked RPI games. After UT, we should have a shot at winning out. We'll probably lose a couple of those to end up about 24-6. Not the great year we thought, but a pretty good year.

Watching UT vs Ohio State now and if Rickea Jackson is still out, we will have a serious chance to win that one. It helps that it will be a good crowd of MT fans down in Huntsville.

We're just not a smartly coached team. When the team is hot our bench can appear brilliant. When we're confused & struggling on the floor so is our bench. Coach simply doesn't understand the time out concept or how to coach against any offensive or defensive struggles happening on the floor. All he can hope for is that the original game plan works effectively. And if it doesn't the team knows from the outset it's screwed.
Someone put the squeeze on Massaro to make one coaching change, now they need to do the same for men's basketball.
Rick will & for all the regular season successes he's had has no worries at all about having that "conversation" with our AD, but hopefully he'll have the dignity to step away with grace by end of year.

I mean, his strategy does work very well in making the team into an excellent fundamentals team. But when it comes to needing adjustments and coaching decisions, that's where we very obviously run into trouble. I think with Rick it's more of a when he retires thing versus anything else. There is room to grow with the coaching.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I hope our coaches are watching what Ohio State is doing to UT. They are pressing hard from the inbounds and UT can't overcome it at all. OSU is up 20.

I was hoping for a really good at large resume this year, just in case we slip up in the conference tourney, but that is gone now. I don't think we'd get an at large with the losses we have so far.

• Sad
We do have some good games remaining but we are going to HAVE to beat UT for a chance at an at large.

under the current coach utk is agaisnt ranked opponents 12-32, utk is not what they have been in the past. Big ame. MT has to play very well. The Game is more important to MT, must win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT