ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (6-3) vs Tennessee (4-4), Wed 12/6 at 6:30pm in Huntsville, AL

vols board on fire!

Reactions: tyler90wm
Middle Tenn. Stats
Game
#PlayerPTSFG3FGFTREBAPFTOMIN
2*BOLDYREVA,A178-131-20-0933338
4*WHEELER,S125-142-60-01034138
10*GREGORY,J226-135-95-6532240
15*SCOTT,T102-81-25-6632439
33*WHITSON,C93-52-41-4342140
0INEZA,S31-21-10-000003
55GRABOVSKAIA,I00-00-00-000001
TMTEAM,---400
TOTALS7325-5512-2411-1637161311
GAME PCT45.550.068.8
THIS HALF3613-285-125-615883
HALF PCT46.441.783.3
THIS QTR238-123-64-47542
QTR PCT66.750.0100.0

vols board on fire!

What an interesting read, going from confident of a W to a couple people claiming it's the worst loss in Vol's history; these people are ridiculous!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Great intensity all game. Excellent work overcoming the mini droughts when missing a few shots. Like to see Boldyreva's shot blocking ranking after tonight. Her confidence is back after the knee injury.
When this team comes out with the right mindset & ready to play they are a tough out. Belmont is a fine team. As pointed out earlier we just weren't mentally into it for some reason. Hopefully we'll be ready to go mentally against Tech.

Good win…fun to read UT board😀. Can’t figure this team out…we run hot and cold. After Belmont didn’t think we would win this.

short utk lady vol$ highlights video, if you weren't there or didn't watch this gives an idea of how steep the upper level deck is. Can you say vertigo?

finally getting into bed in Murfreesboro and wow… what a day. First coach Mason gets announced and then a nice win in Huntsville. Hope we can continue the good momentum! And the apocalyptic reaction by the Vols fans is funny to see… they are missing key pieces and have a quality team. It’s not like we are Austin Peay, they’ll survive lol.

Read the Vols board as well. Picked up on what turned out to be an inadvertent compliment to the Lady Raiders. To paraphrase a Vol poster, "what I don't get is statistically tonight we played well, but still got beat." That means the ladies were playing their butts off!
Once again tonight we substituted minimally other than Sifa, & things worked out well. Must admit I didn't see any tiring or exhaustion on the court. Conditioning must be amazing. The positive to take from that is the more they play together the more chemistry develops. Begrudgingly I may be seeing where Rick's going with the short bench, but I still would like to see a few more bench minutes used if only for player development. Maybe we can do that when playing weaker opponents come conference time.

Reactions: Hop45
Gregory finally made her shots. That’s been a long time coming and I’m very proud of her for working hard and keeping her head up. Hopefully that continues.

And how about Anastasiia’s play? She finished with 17 points, 9 rebounds, 7 blocks, and 3 assists. Great stat line. Striplin was on fire shooting but Nas did a fantastic job.

Savannah had a double double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Just an all around great performance by the ladies.

Last edited:
The meltdown continues on the vols board, up to 28 pages... (684 replies)
They’re acting like they just lost to TN Tech. Way too dramatic. I get being frustrated with the coach, but it’s not like this team has been healthy. Two of their best players have been out with injury.

I brought it up on the chat of 104.5's morning show and Will Boling, while acknowledging MT's wbb program is great, also said it was probably the worst loss in program history. I may be very ignorant to their history, but I find it very hard to believe that a loss to us is their worst of ALL TIME. I don't buy that.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
I'm pretty sure they lost to UTC or maybe Tech a few years ago. I would rank that an equal, or possibly worse loss than this one.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I'm pretty sure they lost to UTC or maybe Tech a few years ago. I would rank that an equal, or possibly worse loss than this one.
They did lose to Chattanooga. And they’re not quite the same level of program as we are. The more recent loss is always gonna be more of a “sting” for a program like theirs.

Wow! I don't care who was or wasn't playing, that was a big win for the program. Exciting night in Huntsville. Now we need to keep level heads, keep winning and hope the Lady Vols do the same. A great team effort but what a way to end the first half and welcome back Jalynn Gregory! Just an awesome performance from every Lady Raider.

Afterwards, perhaps some shots fired? Someone sent me this quote and said it's been shared on social media.

“Our fans don’t come to see us just compete. They come to see us win.”
- Coach Rick Insell

Maybe he was just sincere in saying they came to win? Maybe he was fed up with Stock's satisfaction with underwhelming performances and injected a little punch? Regardless, interesting timing on his statement.

We should hope that she turns it around in Knoxville and goes on a tear thru the sec. That will only help our seed come tournament time.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and Hop45
A ton of Vols fans are wanting her fired yesterday. Don't see her surviving the year.

UT folk still see their program as the dominant power it used to be under Pat, even the last few years under Pat the cracks were showing, I guess they just expect anybody to just lay down for them bc of who they were. Until they come to peace with the idea that it's OK to hire out of the family, they're going to continue to struggle

I imagine they will still be a decently seeded team in the tournament; they've had a tough out of conference schedule and lost to many ranked teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT