ADVERTISEMENT

MT Strategic Plan

DisgruntledAlum

True Blue
Nov 8, 2021
Found the 2019-2020 Strategic plan. https://goblueraiders.com/documents/2020/2/25/Strategic_Plan_v4.pdf

Page 5 has the SWOT Analysis.

I did find the Competitive Excellence (Page 14) section humorous. Mainly due to the part about increasing salaries of coaches as performance dictates. I mean, we can't afford to fire Coach .500 and it appears he plans to stay like Paterno at PSU, just minus any championships.

Overall, I found it interesting.

Good find. Under Weaknesses "Apathy amongst student body and alums" ya think?

Also "Brand identity. (Mascot, logo)". That is really simple. Drop the pegasus from the logo. Make the MT athletics and academics across campus. We can make exactly what we have as normal as the orange T or flying WV. Next, use the student body and alumni voice and come up with a new costume.

So many more things to call out in that document.

Found the 2019-2020 Strategic plan. https://goblueraiders.com/documents/2020/2/25/Strategic_Plan_v4.pdf

Page 5 has the SWOT Analysis.

I did find the Competitive Excellence (Page 14) section humorous. Mainly due to the part about increasing salaries of coaches as performance dictates. I mean, we can't afford to fire Coach .500 and it appears he plans to stay like Paterno at PSU, just minus any championships.

Overall, I found it interesting.
I text messaged a buddy a couple of weeks ago to see if he wanted to drive over and “Blitz” in Cool Springs. His response……”with you and maybe the other 4 fans in Franklin????”😂

Thought our "Strategic Plan" posts above would correspond to this situation. Tonight I
turned over to My30 to watch the 1st installment of Friday Night Rivals. For those currently living outside of the Middle Tennessee area "FNR" plays high school football games on live television specific to mid-state area surrounding our university. My question to our "Strategists" at Middle Tennessee State is this. Why is Western Kentucky University proudly sponsoring High School football in Middle Tennessee & you ain't??
If the answer is you prefer to snub your nose at our local high schools & athletes because they're not worthy of your time & effort then job well done. BTW- I only watched about 70% of the game before turning off. So if there was an MT sponsored commercial somewhere towards the end of the game I apologize. Nonetheless MT should have a commercial at every available intermission, & that I know definitely didn't occur. Personally I always try to be relatively positive towards our posts, but that situation I found to be somewhat embarrassing as an alum.

Thought our "Strategic Plan" posts above would correspond to this situation. Tonight I
turned over to My30 to watch the 1st installment of Friday Night Rivals. For those currently living outside of the Middle Tennessee area "FNR" plays high school football games on live television specific to mid-state area surrounding our university. My question to our "Strategists" at Middle Tennessee State is this. Why is Western Kentucky University proudly sponsoring High School football in Middle Tennessee & you ain't??
If the answer is you prefer to snub your nose at our local high schools & athletes because they're not worthy of your time & effort then job well done. BTW- I only watched about 70% of the game before turning off. So if there was an MT sponsored commercial somewhere towards the end of the game I apologize. Nonetheless MT should have a commercial at every available intermission, & that I know definitely didn't occur. Personally I always try to be relatively positive towards our posts, but that situation I found to be somewhat embarrassing as an alum.
Excellent points, as it can't be that expensive to buy 30 seconds of air time to promote MTSU or MTSU athletics.

This is exactly why I stopped going and then stopped giving. The level of incompetence is so bad it seems like it would have to be intentional.

1,722 Days since I set foot on campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT