ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-6, 3-4) @ FAU (5-6, 3-4) (Stadium), 6PM, Saturday, November 27, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

fau-stadium-1.jpg

Florida Atlantic University
Founded: 1961 Enrollment: 30,808 Undergrad 24,687 Postgrad 5,460
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
FAU Blue & FAU Red Nickname: Owls Mascot: Owlsley the Owl
Fight song: Fight song
Series: MT leads 12-5
  • In Murfreesboro: MT leads 7-2
  • At Boca Raton: MT leads 5-3
  • Last: FAU 28, MT 13 (2019)
Stadium: FAU Stadium (capacity 29,419), 777 Glades Road Boca Raton, Florida
Head Coach: Willie Taggart (WKU, 1998)
Record at FAU: 5-4 (2nd) Overall: 61-66 (12th)
2020 Record: 5-4 (4-2) 2020 Bowl: Montgomery
Starters Ret./Lost: 11/11 Lettermen R/L: 32/40

Weather Forecast:

FE2XL45XEAAPDVi

Where:

Stadium Policies:

TV:

Radio:
PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville),

Streaming:
  • Audio
  • Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers:
Sun Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, University Press, ,

Message Boards:
FAU Owls Nest,

Blogs:
FAUFocus,

Athletic site:
FAUsports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides: FAU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes: FAU game notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , ,

Roster:
Owls, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @FAUOwlAthletics, @FAU_Football, , @ShulaBowlPod, , @CJTrickett9, @FloridaAtlantic, @fau_owls_nest, @JakeElman97, @insidetheburrow, @FAUOWLACCESS, ,,,,,@FAU_Owlsley,

Hashtags:
#FAU, #WinToday, #Owlin, #WinningInParadise,,,, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsFAU, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: Florida Atlantic University, FAU Football,,,,

Youtube:
FAUOwlAccess, FAU Owl's Nest, ,

Instagram:
fau_football,

2019 Game Thread

2018 Game Thread

2017 Game Thread

Last edited:
Florida Atlantic (MT leads 12-5)

Year W/L Score Site

2003 L 20-19 H
2004 L 27-20 H
2005 W 35-14 A
2006 W 35-14 H
2007 L 14-27 A
2008 W 14-13 H
2009 W 27-20 A
2010 W 38-14 H
2011 W 38-14 A
2012 W 31-17 H
2013 W 42-35 (ot) A
2014 W 35-34 H
2015 W 24-17 A
2016 W 77-56 H
2017 L 38-20 A
2018 W 25-24 H
2019 L 28-13 A

At Murfreesboro: 7-2
At Boca Raton: 5-3

I'm taking FAU and the points. All we have to do is call a game like we did last week and FAU wins by 3 TDs.

It’s obvious to me that I’m the last game I watched Live that CRS is in the play calling again. Then he all but admitted he was controlling the calls during the press conference. We will get killed if CRS creates the game plan. It’s got to Be BD on my he play call or we are dead.

It’s obvious to me that I’m the last game I watched Live that CRS is in the play calling again. Then he all but admitted he was controlling the calls during the press conference. We will get killed if CRS creates the game plan. It’s got to Be BD on my he play call or we are dead.
If Stuck is calling plays this leads me to believe Dearmon will be gone after this week.

Reactions: Hop45
I've always felt it is the job of the head coach to have a "system". Be it up tempo no huddle or shotgun etc. And it is the job of the OC to implement said system with the players on the roster throwing in some of their own ideas.

The HC should never restrict what the OC does. The HC should manage the game. ie clock etc, not the plays. I don't understand why Stock has never operated this way.

Reactions: Hop45

you might be right but remember we are starting a 3rd string freshman QB. Not trying to make excuses for anybody but those are the facts. He tossed 5 INT the week before so yes, the game plan and game prep all week was going to be very conservative throws, run the ball, stay ahead of the chains, and win the turn over battle. We did not do all those things, so we lost.

when you look at yardage and first downs it really makes you wonder how we lost. Our defense played pretty damn well except for a few bad plays where we were out of position.

at the end of the day we could not execute in crunch time. First half was a wash at 10-10. Second half ODU came out and made the plays needed to win the game. We did not.

the better team won. On to the next one.

a thread on the fau board

I've always thought that Taggart was over rated as a head coach. I actually think more of Stockstill as a head coach than Taggart. Saturday will be a battle among two of the worst coaches in CUSA

a thread on the fau board

I've always thought that Taggart was over rated as a head coach. I actually think more of Stockstill as a head coach than Taggart. Saturday will be a battle among two of the worst coaches in CUSA
But Taggart can (and will) still recruit. 😂

MT plays their best game of the season. We hang 50 on the owls and go into the New Mexico bowl ridding high and looking to spread our recruiting footprint in the new cusa! Only to get blown off the field by Army after which our boys get into an all out fist fight on the field. The life of a blue raider fan smh….

UT basketball looks pretty good though!

Reactions: RaiderDeez
They could use iPhones and FaceTime the game and the video would be a HUGE upgrade. Really sad.

The stadium coverage is the worst. The game never comes back on. I have to leave the app then go back in. Such BS. I am so unhappy with this crap.

Hey y'all, we stayed in the mighty CUSA. It's only gonna get better from here. So exciting. That media deal is top notch with our terrific staff doing absolutely nothing different but it's gonna be amazing y'all. This offense is on fire. LOL. Next year, our attendance will be in the 100's. It's so exciting though. Hahahaahah

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT