ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-6, 3-4) @ FAU (5-6, 3-4) (Stadium), 6PM, Saturday, November 27, 2021

If CRS wins the bowl game, does he retire?!? He'd go out with 101 wins and his last win would be a bowl victory bringing his bowl record to 3-6. Why risk ending up with a losing record?

Willie Taggart 66-73

Never won a bowl game.

Florida State had to pay him 18 mil from Oregon.

Holy Crap.

EDIT: CUSA has 7 (or 8, dependent on ESPN's choice) guaranteed bowl bids and we have 8 bowl eligible teams. The MAC only has 6 guaranteed and they have 8 eligible teams. MWC also has 6 tie ins and 7 eligible teams this year. Sun Belt has 5 spots and 4 eligible teams.
With LSU beating Texas A&M, the SEC will have 1 extra bowl eligible team vs bowl slots.

you have 83 bowl eligible yeams with only 82 slots. Someone will get left out. It's either us, UNT or Wyoming.

Ouch. Some of those reply tweets are brutal.😂
I think it's just time for him to go and everybody feels it. Last night's win was great to watch but it should have never come down to that. We are on the edge of not even getting to go to a bowl. Losing to Charlotte and ODU the way we did was unacceptable. It just is. I think that's where the frustration lies. Stock is a good guy and his players love him. However, it's just not enough to win and we should be winning. A lot.

I think it's just time for him to go and everybody feels it. Last night's win was great to watch but it should have never come down to that. We are on the edge of not even getting to go to a bowl. Losing to Charlotte and ODU the way we did was unacceptable. It just is. I think that's where the frustration lies. Stock is a good guy and his players love him. However, it's just not enough to win and we should be winning. A lot.

That's exactly it. I wasn't a butthole about it. 100 wins at a school is an accomplishment. But it should've been done almost 2 entire classes ago.

I just stated the obvious facts...really tried to find his record against winning teams to say as well but couldnt....and sadly the facts speak to themselves.

To everyone but our administration that is.

I wasn't even excited after the win. Happy for the players, absolutely. Happy to not have a losing record, sure. But we shouldn't be "playing" for a bowl. We should be "playing" for conference championships.

you have 83 bowl eligible yeams with only 82 slots. Someone will get left out. It's either us, UNT or Wyoming.
UNT finished 5-3 in conference and beat UTSA. They honestly deserve it over us. That said, CUSA may push us in front of them because they are jumping to the AAC. Plus, if Rick is retiring (trying to speak it into existence), then we may push that last game narrative as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT