ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ #19 Virginia Tech (ACC), 1PM, Saturday, September 11, 2021

Tired of playing in games where the announcers have long conversations with guests and pay little attention to the game.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
This has pretty much been what we all expected. The positive is I feel we have played decently. Outside of the interception, the offense has been able to move the ball against a pretty good defense. Depth is just starting to take its toll.

Reactions: C-Bow
This game reminds me a lot of the MT vs Florida State (top ranked in 1a at the time) game thirty years ago. Played them 14-10 at half, but went onto lose 39-10 as I recall. Game then was on WSMV-4. Wearing down, having a turnover and an inopportune key penalty, and not capitalizing on our movement is all what’s hurting us today. One can still have hope in conference play.

I'm much less optimistic at this point for conference play. WKU, Charlotte, UTSA, and Marshall all look like losses now.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Our special teams has been so bad for so long. I remember when Stockstill first got here I feel like we were average or slightly above average on special teams. What in the world happened?

We have a good punter but we cannot cover a kick if the world depended on it. Our guys are taking terrible angles and making it way too easy for the opposing teams. So strange. We won't go .500 in the conference if we are giving up 50 yard kickoff/punt returns every other kick.

• Angry
Reactions: MTLynn
So. Actually a great game. As in fun to watch, great atmosphere, VT fans were great.

The game was better than the score showed. But 2 things, well 4 killed us.

WE HAVE NO RUN GAME
Our average per carry was 1.9yds. Theirs was 5.2. We had more total net yards and led in time of possession.

Special teams sucks
Our punter is great. Did his job. Return coverage is atrocious. They had 141yds on returns. We had 16.

Penalties
Only 5 but all dumb and all at terrible times.

So
No run game
Field position
Interception
Penalties

Those lost the game for us. I was actually surprised how we played defensively. But if we don't figure out a run game, gonna be a long season.

And what is with Hockman never ever running. He will run way out of the pocket and still try to pass. He never will just run with it.

I'm glad we are not in Georgia this week. Imagine the score if the Polly/West led team were lined up against the bulldogs.
We don't have to imagine. It happened a few years ago. Luckily Georgia had pity on us.

So. Actually a great game. As in fun to watch, great atmosphere, VT fans were great.

The game was better than the score showed. But 2 things, well 4 killed us.

WE HAVE NO RUN GAME
Our average per carry was 1.9yds. Theirs was 5.2. We had more total net yards and led in time of possession.

Special teams sucks
Our punter is great. Did his job. Return coverage is atrocious. They had 141yds on returns. We had 16.

Penalties
Only 5 but all dumb and all at terrible times.

So
No run game
Field position
Interception
Penalties

Those lost the game for us. I was actually surprised how we played defensively. But if we don't figure out a run game, gonna be a long season.

And what is with Hockman never ever running. He will run way out of the pocket and still try to pass. He never will just run with it.

Dearmon has mentioned he doesn’t want his “franchise” running the ball often. I think we need a few more QB keeps on read option just so the D respects it, but it is what it is.

Our OL play just sucks. And there’s no excuse because we have had a few pro lineman over the years. Mallory and Polly should be fired yesterday.

Dearmon has mentioned he doesn’t want his “franchise” running the ball often. I think we need a few more QB keeps on read option just so the D respects it, but it is what it is.

Our OL play just sucks. And there’s no excuse because we have had a few pro lineman over the years. Mallory and Polly should be fired yesterday.
If I were Dearmon I would be at least trying to get them gone asap. I think the talent is there up front to so better than 1.9 ypc with the RBs we have.

Stock to Chip in yesterday’s postgame interview.
”We’ve got to find a way to run the Football”.
How many times have we heard those words and nothing changes?
We couldn’t run the ball against Monmouth and didn’t against VT.
CRS will probably have the same excuse next week when we can’t run the ball vs. UTSA

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It’s an ongoing issue.

I’ve heard Dearmon say his offense is run first a few times now. Looking at Dearmon’s previous teams as Hc or OC, his successful teams have more rushing than passing yards. His offense won’t work if we can’t run the ball.

If I was Dearmon, I would want to pick my OL coaches.

Stock to Chip in yesterday’s postgame interview.
”We’ve got to find a way to run the Football”.
How many times have we heard those words and nothing changes?

The best head coaches have success no matter who their assistant coaches are but most have fluctuating success dependent upon the assistants.

And like many coaches, Rick doesn't know how to be great. I hope he learns because his teams have had the same issues for the better part of 16 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT