ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, 6:30PM, November 4, 2017

Any bets on where Shafer goes after the season?

Just think about what could have been had 80% of the offense not gotten injured in the first half of the season. Where would Memphis be this season without Ferguson and Miller?

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but if Brent and Richie are on the field doing what they did the last two years then I believe we win every conference game with FAU probably coming down to whoever had the ball last. How many times in the past two years did we say if we had a defense that was just average?

Is it too much to ask to keep Shafer for one more year? But you're right he's probably going to get lots of offers to leave.

Just think about what could have been had 80% of the offense not gotten injured in the first half of the season. Where would Memphis be this season without Ferguson and Miller?

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but if Brent and Richie are on the field doing what they did the last two years then I believe we win every conference game with FAU probably coming down to whoever had the ball last. How many times in the past two years did we say if we had a defense that was just average?

Is it too much to ask to keep Shafer for one more year? But you're right he's probably going to get lots of offers to leave.
The root of the problem is what is not happening in the first week of February and the recruiting that takes place prior. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a successful program. And since you brought Memphis into the discussion, the #1 O-line recruit in Middle TN last year is a huge OT who is being redshirted. They almost lost Ryan Silverfield (O-line Coach) to Florida last year. Ryan recruits Middle TN. The position staff has an average age of 40. They recruit their tails off. You and I both know what the problems are. Wylie nailed it publicly on the radio after the Marshall game. It was specific and spot on. Hopefully, Stock has learned from this season and will manage his staff accordingly between now and the signing days. Unfortunately this problem with offensive linemen isn’t fixed immediately. You just can’t throw Freshmen linemen in there like you can a DB like T.J. Carter.
It’s a shame to have a record setting QB that we can’t protect from injuries for an entire season(s).

Reactions: VARaider84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT