Fight song:
Series:
Stadium:
Sun Bowl (capacity: 51,500)
Head Coach: Record at FIU: Overall: 2016 Record: 2016 Bowl:
Starters Ret./Lost:
Lettermen R/L:
Weather Forecast:

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Bags 24"-by-24"-by-24" inches and smallerwill be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television:

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: 118, XM: 203, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: El Paso Times, Prospector Daily, , ,

Message Boards: ,Kyyote's Den, Miner Digs,

Blogs: Miner Rush, El Paso Proud,

Athletic site:
utepathletics.com, goblueraiders.com, Game Day Central

Media Guides:
UTEP, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: UTEP 2017 SBNation Preview, UTEP (Orlando Sentinel # ), Middle Tennessee 2017 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #73),

Game Notes:
UTEP Notes, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Miners, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
UTEP at Middle Tennessee: Game Preview,

Twitter: , , ,

Hashtags:
# , # , # ,

Facebook:

Youtube: , , ,

Instagram:

Last edited:
Blue Raider Athletics Facebook page released a new video feature about Stock practicing last week and about him coming back. He said "when John was playing" a couple of times. I don't know if that means Urzua is out for a while or if he's done for the year.

They interviewed Kyle a lot so that leads me to believe that Banks is the starter if Brent doesn't get the medical clearance this week. I know people want Brent to sit out but try telling that to Brent. The kid is tough.

We wanted Banks to get more PT, well, looks like he's gonna get it. Maybe the press conference that's happening at 10:30 will shed some light.

can you imagine UTEP coming in here and winning their first game of the season.........

Banks is quicker than Urzua. He'll get a full week with the 1's. I think he'll do just fine. UTEP played WKU close and stayed with UTSA for a half but ran out of gas. Defensively, we'll choke them on the run and will force them to pass which is dangerous for them. BTW, they are 129th in total offense. Dead last in the country. I'm thinking we could get after them.

Total D ain't much better. If we don't throw any pick 6's, then it's an upgrade over Urzua. I have a feeling that we will be run heavy and Anderson & Thomas may have an FIU like game which is more than fine with me.

If Banks is doing OK, I say leave Stock on the sidelines for this one and wait and see how the Charlotte game goes before he plays. If he does play at all, it should be at WKU if we win these next 2 and go to 5-5. I think WKU will be 5-5 by then as well. Stock said today that Brent is coming back this season once he is cleared. He's not gonna sit out and apply for the medical redshirt. I think if it happens this week, it's a mistake. If he comes in next week vs. Charlotte, I can see him getting some reps and then starting for the WKU game.

I'm fully expecting to see Stockstill in at QB, and I suspect Vegas is too with that -18 line. This is the game that's been circled for Brent to come back, and unless there's some unexpected findings with his MRI, he'll be playing....simple as that.

I do think we won't see him running any draw's the rest of the year.

excerpt:

...Down in Murfreesboro at Floyd Stadium on Saturday, the UTEP Miners and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will be meeting up in college football activity.

UTEP is currently 0-8 on the season so far. In their last four games, the Miners have lost to Army, Western Kentucky, Southern Miss and UTSA. In that UTSA game, UTEP QB Zach Greenlee went 8-of-29 for 133 yards and two picks.

On the year, Greenlee has put up 543 yards, three touchdowns and three INTs, and Quadric Wadley is the top Miners rusher on 54 carries, 271 yards and one TD. Tyler Batson leads UTEP with 16 receptions, 214 yards and one TD.

Over on the Middle Tennessee side, they’re currently 3-5 this season. After a win over FIU, the Blue Raiders have lost their last two games versus UAB and Marshall. In that Herd game, Raiders QB John Urzua logged 220 yards, one TD and a pick.

So far this year, Urzua has 1522 yards, seven touchdowns and nine INTs, and Brad Anderson leads Middle Tennessee with 74 carries for 418 rush yards. Ty Lee is the leading Blue Raiders receiver with 43 catches, 531 yards and three touchdowns.

The Miners are 4-1-1 ATS in their last six games in November and 2-5 ATS in their last seven games following a straight-up loss. UTEP is also 2-5-1 ATS in their last eight conference games and 2-6 ATS in their last eight games overall.

Meanwhile, the Blue Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last five games following a straight-up loss and 4-1 ATS in their last five games following an ATS loss. Middle Tennessee is also 6-2 ATS in their last eight games in November and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a bye week.

There’s not a whole lot to get excited about on the UTEP roster right now. They’ve scored a max of 21 points this year, and 14 or fewer in six of their seven losses. As for Middle Tennessee, they haven’t put up more than 23 points in any of their losses, and have scored 10 or fewer in three of those five.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT