ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, 6:30PM, November 4, 2017

They need to yank Brent for the second half. It's obvious UTEP can't score so we probably have enough points. Don't take any chances getting Lil Stock hurt plus see what Banks can do. Just my opinion but I can almost guarantee it won't be that of Stock.

And instead they run an end around using Brent as the lead blocker. Tony Franklin needs to be fired before this quarter ends. That is absurd to expose that kid to potential disaster.

It's no different at a lot of other schools. We're 3-5 playing at the same time UT is. What did y'all expect?

Stock locks in on #8 Lee. I know he is rusty but had played poorly tonite. The interception was in to triple coverage.

If stock continues to play poorly we are gonna get ran off the field by WKU

I'll take playing poorly with 3 TD's. This has to be hard for him since he's basically got a whole different team he's playing with now.

WKU barely beat UTEP 15-14 and it looks like White could be out now. He got hurt pretty bad today at the end of the Vandy game.

I could have sworn that was helmet to helmet but I guess not. That hit seemed to ignite our play though.

I left at halftime after watching and cheering for a buddy who walked with the Army Group.

UTEP is absolutely awful. And the Beat Writer even took a shot. “11,411”

Last edited:
There MIGHT be 2000 people there. I'd love to know how they come up with these numbers

There MIGHT be 2000 people there. I'd love to know how they come up with these numbers

Because they count tickets sold genius. Not the number of people. I thought you knew everything??

I'm glad we won because I was really not sure if UTEP would have the game of their life against us. I'm sure Brent felt good to be back out there.

Go blue raiders.

Naw, he was in his "Franklin Office" waiting for CM to come crawling and personally beg him to come back .
Not sue when this pic was shot but there were a lot more butts in seats than what Bert Bacarach is trying to prove.
Were you there?
What’s really sad is that we are (as a fanbase) reduced to arguing about the attendance of a few thousand fans. Empty metal doesn’t lie.

We had an awesome tailgate with some great food.

Last edited:
At the start of the game it looked bad. Just before halftime it looked better but still not good but definitely not like what the image depicts. This is not the first time the beat writer has done this. DNJ is working their way up to the fake news model.

Yeah the crowd was lite, many of you should be happy. Now, if only would have lost your joy would be complete

It appears that 2 or 3 BRZ koolaiders have lost their way and landed in here by mistake. Although you clappers don’t want to believe it, we actually like it when our team wins. We just prefer to keep it real and in perspective. #BiggerPicture

It appears that 2 or 3 BRZ koolaiders have lost their way and landed in here by mistake. Although you clappers don’t want to believe it, we actually like it when our team wins. We just prefer to keep it real and in perspective. #BiggerPicture

Unless you are gonna write a big check it us what it is. I know where our program is, but still hoping to win out for our players. In truth, you are trolling. None of us are under anyone’s spell. You nor I expected a crowd. And your piling on does nothing.

The best part of the night, besides the win, was the Salute to Veterans. A huge turnout of Veterans and current service members. What really made it special and made me proud of our players were as some of the veterans and current service members were leaving the field and the players waiting to get to the sidelines, all of the players were hugging and shaking hands with them. Made that really special and a sharp contrast with the nfl.

Unless you are gonna write a big check it us what it is. I know where our program is, but still hoping to win out for our players. In truth, you are trolling. None of us are under anyone’s spell. You nor I expected a crowd. And your piling on does nothing.

Well said.

I call a pile of dung what it is when it is. The irony of it is to call either one of us koolaid drinkers. LMAO.

Were you there?
What’s really sad is that we are (as a fanbase) reduced to arguing about the attendance of a few thousand fans. Empty metal doesn’t lie.

We had an awesome tailgate with some great food.

You brought it up with your re Tweet of the paper boys empty seat Pic
Yes Sir, I was there as I have been for many years. I have 5 seats in 1 QQ -rarely if ever miss.
Look , I get it. We have attendance issues. I had to give 3 of my seats away last night cause I can't even get all my crew to attend. But me not attending and supporting the team I root for is not going to solve the problem. Take another look at that picture. What do you see ? (or not see). The Pathetic part of this is not the blue hairs or the no hairs, it's the students of this university. That is what is pathetic. What would that picture look like if we had a student section ? Cause from where I sit the Pressbox side, while not full has a good amount of Butts in seats.
I'm not trying to start an argument. I know we have issues. I too want change. Change starting at the very top of the food chain. But just because I don't like Stocks contract or because Tommy West is still on this staff or CM dissed me, I'm not going to quit coming or pull my support. I'm just tired of very time there is a negative post or pic you come off the top rope like Nature Boy Rick Flair.
You obviously have time to invest, money to donate, and influence or personal power to wield. Just use it in the right way. Help make a difference in a positive way. We have enough people tearing it down.
GBR

Reactions: SpaceRaider
But me not attending and supporting the team I root for is not going to solve the problem.

Actually......

If nobody came to the games they would be forced to change things up.

One could argue that all of you who continue to support the program are actually part of the program because you're enabling this never-ending road trip of mediocrity.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Actually......

If nobody came to the games they would be forced to change things up.

One could argue that all of you who continue to support the program are actually part of the program because you're enabling this never-ending road trip of mediocrity.
A few years ago, I was one of those in here arguing with you and still donating even after the 2-10 debacle. You’re absolutely right, Wylie. You reach a point when you see no rhyme or reason for what’s being done, or for that matter “what’s not being done.” The AD and staff read this messageboard so I know he hears what we are saying.

Last edited:
I honestly feel bad if they do read these boards. We say some pretty harsh things, but I do believe they are reasonable and we are certainly not as viral as most other fanbases. After 12 years, I don't believe our fan base has unrealistic expectations and we have every right to be upset about the results of this season, injuries or not. There is no excuse for this program's lack of success after 12 years.

With regards to nobody coming to the games, I want to clarify I'm not suggesting that. However; those of you that do continue to support the program are supporting the program in its current state. You have to realize that continued support of this program is also enabling it to continue to function as is. The supporters are allowing this mediocrity to be accepted.

And me personally, unless changes have been secretly promised (Such as a new OL coach), I just couldn't support the program as is (Havn't for years, so I'm speaking theoretically here). Winning 6 or 7 games and becoming "bowl eligible" just doesn't do it for me after 12 years. My god, the law of averages says we should have won (or at least played for) a title by now........but we can't even get that and we are the definition of an average program. pity pity pity

Most, if not all of us give our points of view in a rational and civil manner. Just go look at what Albert Haynesworth tweeted at UT’s AD and HC last week.

Look, we all have our criticisms and I certainly have been more critical this year than others but I'm still a Blue Raider til I die. I'll keep going like those cubs fans did for a 100 years before they won a championship. Regardless of what we do.

Look, we all have our criticisms and I certainly have been more critical this year than others but I'm still a Blue Raider til I die. I'll keep going like those cubs fans did for a 100 years before they won a championship. Regardless of what we do.

At least they were spending tons of money and making every effort possible to win along the way, including many many new head coaches.

This wouldn't be a bad season if we were in the first year of a new head coach, but that isn't the case. This is year 12 going on year 13 and we had expectations to compete for a title this season and we werent even competitive in the important games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT