ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-1) @ #3 Georgia (2-0), ESPNNews, 11:00AM, Saturday, September 15, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress...

976_university_of_georgia_06.jpg

University of Georgia
Founded: 1785 Enrollment: 37,606 (Undergraduates 28,848, Postgraduates 8,758)
Colors: Red and Black Nickname: Bulldogs
Series: 0-1, UGA leads
Stadium: Sanford Stadium (92,746)
Head Coach: Kirby Smart Record at UGA: 23-7 (3rd year)
2015 Record: 13-2 Bowl/Playoffs: Rose - W / CFP NCG - L
Starters Ret./Lost: Lettermen R/L:

Weather Forecast:

Where: Sanford Stadium, Sanford Dr and Field St, Athens, GA 30602

Stadium Policies: Bag Policy

Television: ESPNNews; Beth Mowins (play-by-play), Athony Becht (analyst), Rocky Boiman (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WDUC 93.9 FM, WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius channel 157, XM channel 196, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: WatchESPN.com

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: Athens Banner-Herald, The Red and Black (student), Atlanta Journal-Constitution,

Message Boards: ugasports.com, Dawgs247, SECRant Georgia Board, The Dawg Run, Dawg Talk, , , , ,

Blogs/Fan sites: DawgNation, DawnoftheDog, TheDawgBone, Bulldog Beat, UGAWire, BulldawgIllustrated, ,,,

Athletic site: GeorgiaDogs.com, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides:
Georgia, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: , Middle Tennessee 2018 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #56),

Game Notes:
UGA GAME NOTES, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Bulldogs, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:

Twitter:
@FootballUGA,

Hashtags:
#GoDawgs, #GeorgiaFootball, #MTSUvsUGA,

Facebook: Georgia Football,

Youtube: UGASports

Instagram:
UGAAthletics, georgiafootball,

Last edited:
What it means is that they are gonna skull drag us for 3.5 hours.

Back in the summer, we had given thought to going to that game and taking in a Braves game on Friday before the game, but thankfully, we decided to forego the football game road trip and took in a Braves game last month for the first road trip to break in the new Space wagon.

I'm going down there. We have very good friends and a godson down there in Athens and they bought us tickets so I'm going but I'm wearing black. It's the most appropriate color to wear to this funeral. It is what it is.

Reactions: Mean Gene 69
UGA fans are super nice since I moved down here. Our shared hatred of UTK gives us a strong bond. They’ve been somewhat apologetic about what’s going to happen Saturday.

Massaro probably will be with UGA’s AD - Asking him about what it felt like to be in Columbia, SC last week and if he saw any USC assistant coaches McGarity thinks would make a good HC for us 6 years from now.

The standard error must be +\- 1.6% in FPI calculations.

I will be surprised if UGA doesn’t cover and have at least 350 yards rushing.

My expectation is a 45-3 score at the half, 66-10 score at the end of the game and a half dozen injuries, mostly on defense.

I would snap the ball with no less than 2 seconds to go on the play clock each time. With the plays and the punt on a 3 and out, that's 2:30 of time each series as a minimum. If we get a first down, that time doubles. That's how you'd keep the score lower. We won't do that of course but that's how I would conduct things.

We should honor nearby Cumberland University, and send our Fermentation students to play instead of any scholarship players. Let's break that 222-0 record.

I'm all for it. Save Brent, it's going to be ugly. If he does start, tell him don't even think about running and if you even sniff any pressure in the pocket, get rid of it.

Honestly, they need to stick to a power running game to just milk the clock and keep the defense off the field. Don't see that leading to a victory, but minimize the damage possibly. Run-Run-Run-Punt.

Deandre Walker is going to have 5 sacks, Brenton Cox 3 by the end of the game.

Anybody planning on tailgating down there? I was trying to find some info on if there was a visitors section or anything but their websites suck worse than ours. Seems like they want you to park in a spot and carry your stuff to a grassy location.

Anybody planning on tailgating down there? I was trying to find some info on if there was a visitors section or anything but their websites suck worse than ours. Seems like they want you to park in a spot and carry your stuff to a grassy location.
Our AD hates tailgating more than a UTK fan hates a toothbrush. True story.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will look to build on a 61-37 win over UT-Martin in their last outing. Brent Stockstill led the Blue Raiders by throwing for 296 yards on 23 of 32 passing with 5 touchdowns. Chaton Mobley rushed for 66 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 14 carries while Brad Anderson racked up 6 catches for 141 yards. Patrick Smith caught 5 passes for 87 yards and 3 touchdowns while CJ Windham added 3 catches for 86 yards and two scores. Wayne Parks added a punt return touchdown while Gregory Grate Jr chipped in a pick-six to close out the scoring for the Blue Raiders as Middle Tennessee logged 5 sacks and 2 picks as a team, including a pair of sacks from DQ Thomas while Wesley Bush led Middle Tennessee with 9 tackles.

The Georgia Bulldogs will look to stay atop the college football mountain after improving to 2-0 this season with a 41-17 beatdown of South Carolina in their last outing. Jake Fromm threw for 194 yards and a touchdown on 15 of 18 passing with an interception, while Elijah Holyfield led Georgia in rushing with 76 yards and a TD. D’Andre Swift and Brian Herrien each added a rushing score while Mecole Hardman added 6 receptions with 103 receiving yards and a touchdown to lead the Bulldogs’ receiving corps. Georgia combined for a pair of interceptions and D’Andre Walker recorded a sack while Richard LeCounte led the Bulldogs’ D with 7 tackles in the win.

Middle Tennessee is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against the SEC and 1-6 ATS in their last 7 road games while the under is 10-4-1 in their last 15 games overall. Georgia is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games while the under is 16-6 in their last 22 home games.

Middle Tennessee had a solid game offensively, but let’s face it, UT-Martin isn’t a tough opposition defensively, and it’s a bit alarming that the Blue Raiders allowed 37 points and 460 yards of total offense in the win. Those numbers won’t fly against a solid Bulldogs team from top to bottom that just went on the road and demolished a very good South Carolina team and it certainly won’t do in Athens.....

Is the BRAA doing anything? It’s not like we have thousands of alumni in Georgia and it would be a good event spot (which we do and it would be). I know my other place always has an alumni event at UGA.

Last edited:
Our AD hates tailgating more than a UTK fan hates a toothbrush. True story.

I honestly thought this, the tailgating part, while looking through all the UGA websites yesterday. There were so many rules about what you can and can't do and I even saw one rule that tables can't be longer than like 5 feet or something. Another one said you could only park in the intramural field if the intramural garage was full but they want you to actually tailgate on the intramural field and not in the garage. No golf carts was also puzzling.

Somehow I don't think we are recruiting the same guys as UGA

Hey, we recruit the same schools as UGA. Of course, they are getting the 4&5 star guys and we are getting the 2 star guys.

You know what we are really recruiting- their 4th/5th string guys who only play against us and Peay. You want playing time, see you can step right in in M’boro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT