ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-1) @ #3 Georgia (2-0), ESPNNews, 11:00AM, Saturday, September 15, 2018

I get it, but does it need to be said (talking about her)?

In a perfect world, we catch them sleep walking, play the game of our lives, and give them a 2016 Nichols St type scare.

In reality, I will be pleasantly surprised if we are within 30. I’m guessing it will be very similar to their Austin Peay 45-0 score.

Last edited:
Georgia 63
MT 0

Unless they fumble in the end zone, we won't score with our O-line. Boredom will be the only thing that can stop them from scoring 60. Maybe a lightning delay in the 2nd half and both sides just call the rest of the game off.

Geez, we are in another class...

“I think it’s good for the fan base to have better games, the home-and-home — I think those things are good for college football,” Smart said. “But you have to look at it through two people’s perspective and sometimes these programs wouldn’t survive. I’m a big advocate for football in general and I think that they need these games to survive financially. Without them, some of these programs may not be able to survive.”

Essentially, Smart is suggesting, the impending beatdown is an act of humanity.

Don’t feel too sorry for Middle Tennessee as Georgia lights up the scoreboard — the Blue Raiders program is getting paid $1.7 million just to show up.

Anybody planning on tailgating down there? I was trying to find some info on if there was a visitors section or anything but their websites suck worse than ours. Seems like they want you to park in a spot and carry your stuff to a grassy location.
Ask over on UGA rivals. Parking is a pain. I usually park in the lots around the government buildings downtown. Usually about $20. Plus downtown is awesome. There are better spots though. Just convenient for us.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
Geez, we are in another class...

“I think it’s good for the fan base to have better games, the home-and-home — I think those things are good for college football,” Smart said. “But you have to look at it through two people’s perspective and sometimes these programs wouldn’t survive. I’m a big advocate for football in general and I think that they need these games to survive financially. Without them, some of these programs may not be able to survive.”

Essentially, Smart is suggesting, the impending beatdown is an act of humanity.

Don’t feel too sorry for Middle Tennessee as Georgia lights up the scoreboard — the Blue Raiders program is getting paid $1.7 million just to show up.

This week and the KY game will get us back in the black for a while. I was told we’re still around $2 million in the hole right now.

I get this feeling that if this game is close to the spread that it will be a matter of UGA putting in 2nd and 3rd string for most of the 2nd half. In many of the past years, MT covering the spread was a realistic expectation. Right now, I'd settle for within 4 or 5 points of the spread and Brent not getting killed. Seriously, with the line performing poorly it's a legit concern in possibly losing Brent for multiple games again. I do hope he stays healthy.

State of Georgia and recruiting, does coach stock even have MT as a recruiting presence anymore beyond competing with FCS programs for FBS castoffs and no FBS offers? It's a sad predicament. MT needs a coach who can at least have some regional presence and win a few recruits that are highly rated and prized.

I get this feeling that if this game is close to the spread that it will be a matter of UGA putting in 2nd and 3rd string for most of the 2nd half. In many of the past years, MT covering the spread was a realistic expectation. Right now, I'd settle for within 4 or 5 points of the spread and Brent not getting killed. Seriously, with the line performing poorly it's a legit concern in possibly losing Brent for multiple games again. I do hope he stays healthy.

State of Georgia and recruiting, does coach stock even have MT as a recruiting presence anymore beyond competing with FCS programs for FBS castoffs and no FBS offers? It's a sad predicament. MT needs a coach who can at least have some regional presence and win a few recruits that are highly rated and prized.

In the past we all looked forward to these games, yes we have been blown out before but I always felt there was a chance for MT to shock the world. I don't believe this anymore. There will not be another close call like we had a Bama in 2003. This will not be close at any point. We will be destroyed and there is nothing we can can do about it. I don't think we've been this weak at the O-line in our FBS history.

In the past we all looked forward to these games, yes we have been blown out before but I always felt there was a chance for MT to shock the world. I don't believe this anymore. There will not be another close call like we had a Bama in 2003. This will not be close at any point. We will be destroyed and there is nothing we can can do about it. I don't think we've been this weak at the O-line in our FBS history.

Sad, when you think about it. We were more complete as a team in year 3 of FBS football than we are in year 20.

...I don't think we've been this weak at the O-line in our FBS history.....

I remember the depth we had in 2001 and would bring in the "short yardage big boys" when we were near the goal line and you could see the opponents defenders almost lose all confidence when those roadgraders lumbered onto the field to dominate even further the line of scrimmage...

In the last decade we've never dominated the line scrimmage consistently over a season and most of the time both lines have been pushed and shoved around like rag dolls. Against Vandy it was like we had a bunch of matadors sidestepping raging bulls. Just embarrassing.

Dm8IKBNU4AA4ye2.jpg

Damn right we are flexible about the game time. We'd play at 10am on Sunday if they asked us to. No way we can survive financially with that game cancelled. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Go on, take your money, hand the ball off and run. Don't get lil Stock killed to death. Say you competed in the post game press conference. Stay healthy as possible for FAIU.

I wonder if we just took a knee and ran the clock on every play, would we be better off? It would limit UGA's scoring and we could just lose by maybe 30 rather than 50.

I mean, we actually showed up, so that's still "competing" right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT