ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Signing Day Celebration set for Feb. 6 at 6 PM

Are these any fun to go to? The beer and wine piece seems pretty enticing.
They can be fun. You can interact with the coaches and they are normally open with their conversation. I'm not going this year because I would have to ask why they cannot get a team ready to play a damn bowl game. Among a few other obvious questions concerning their coaching ability.

Are these any fun to go to? The beer and wine piece seems pretty enticing.
Have come up to a couple of them, was well worth the time. Been at least 3 years since I have been to one though. Each coach previewed 2-3 signees, with some video. Talked about which position they projected the kid to play. Coach Bibee alone was worth going, dude could have made a living doing stand up! Maybe that’s what he’s doing these days. Turnout I thought was rather tepid, but perhaps it’s better now. Certainly if you live within an hour of the campus it’s worth the time.

Reactions: Hop45
Any big names out there looking at MT now, or was the December class the top group for us?

From a ratings standpoint, this class appears to be a good one. Hope to see another DT signed

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I went last night and it was a good event. $10 bucks for BBQ, beers and the chance to hear the coaches talk about the players. I went last year as well, and both years Stock starts out with signing day is like parents with a new born baby; they are always the best and cutest things ever. But all of the coaches seemed to be in really good spirits about the class. 1 scholarship left and they want to use that on a LB. Emphasis on speed this year.
Also, leadership and wanted guys from winning programs. Almost every kid they talked about had won a state title or 2, 3-4 district championships, state track star or shot put champion, etc. The speed and pedigree sticks out from this class to me. Lots of talk about the guys motors, heard that 2-3 times on how this kid just doesn't stop. One of the OL on film just destroyed his blocks...3-4 clips of him just pushing guys to the ground like it was nothing.

Stock was asked about the guys who redshirted last year and he said he thinks all 3 OL will contribute this year, plus the QB and 3-4 other guys.

I agree about Polly and Mallory. They can pack their crap and leave tomorrow IMO. Geep Wade did a better job teaching blocking and he's not that great but Brent was upright more than he wasn't when he was here. I miss Jimmy Ray Stephens. Him with Tony Franklin just made sense and we won 10 games that last time those 2 were together. Dwight ran through people and didn't have half the speed we have now.

With all of that said, I love this class. We have some burners to go with Dobson which will make it a problem for defenses to cover. Also Randall Johnson the 6'5 QB dual threat is intriguing. He's coming here to play now and will have a shot at the starting position right away. The running speed of the QB will be an upgrade over Brent no matter who we have back there. OHara is plenty fast and talented to win with. Johnson has the size and arm strength. I like where we are right now. They brought in a few people who can go now which I really like.

I agree about Polly and Mallory. They can pack their crap and leave tomorrow IMO. Geep Wade did a better job teaching blocking and he's not that great but Brent was upright more than he wasn't when he was here. I miss Jimmy Ray Stephens. Him with Tony Franklin just made sense and we won 10 games that last time those 2 were together. Dwight ran through people and didn't have half the speed we have now.

With all of that said, I love this class. We have some burners to go with Dobson which will make it a problem for defenses to cover. Also Randall Johnson the 6'5 QB dual threat is intriguing. He's coming here to play now and will have a shot at the starting position right away. The running speed of the QB will be an upgrade over Brent no matter who we have back there. OHara is plenty fast and talented to win with. Johnson has the size and arm strength. I like where we are right now. They brought in a few people who can go now which I really like.
Don’t hold back, JT. Tell us how you REALLY feel! :D

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Well, do we want to win or watch another team celebrate a championship on our field? I for one and tired of it. We have the weapons to get it. The coaches need to get the hell out of the way.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT