ADVERTISEMENT

New tax plan potentially catastrophic for college athletics

Why should we subsidize preferred seating. I hate all these things in our tax code. Get rid off ALL deductions

Don't get me started on taxes, lol. I was curious if this would really effect us. Do we get a lot of donations related to our tickets sold?

I don't change my charitable giving whether I am itemizing or not. Can't speak for the 1%.
Per the query: I think this change, if enacted, would have the potential to hurt those schools with mega-donors which we don't have.

So this explains why I just got a UT alumni email alert about contact legislators over tax deductions.

Who knows how all of this will shake out???

With the standard deduction increasing for lower to middle class types, presumably this won't be that much of big effect. For those that make a bunch more money, they might get a little less to deduct. For folks who want lower & middle class to pay less with less tax breaks for higher incomes, this might be an example of this effect.

Since a few of us, myself included, have recently lamented about MT supporters generally being poor and broke, I suspect this tax change will have little effect on MT. That is if there even are any tax changes.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT