ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Liberty (ESPN3), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 9, 2021

So does this loss count as a "competed loss"?
According to Stock on the post game show, no. He said something wasn't right and they just didn't come to play. Also used injuries as an excuse. Admitted that QB protection was not very good. THEN DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT! Sick of all the excuses but nothing ever changes!

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
he got all these transfer portal olinemen in and they can't run block. 35 yds rushing for the game, run blocking is a want to

I had the pleasure of free tickets to the Hockey game in Bridgestone this afternoon. I am so glad I did. And I don't feel guilty about NOT living and dying, mostly dying, watching, listening, keeping up with what's going on with the stats, the message board, twitter, facebook, etc. Still just as disappointed, aggravated, and angry, but I know I can live without if I choose to. I debated on whether to watch the game afterward or listen to the broadcast. No. Not going to do it. I will link the links etc, but not going to read the articles. Don't ask me to.

So I went to DNJ.com twitter feed https://twitter.com/dnj_com a good three or four hours after the game ended. Not a single tweet about the MTSU game in progress or game recap or analysis. But plenty on the vandy @ florida game. Almost as if MTSU doesn't exist in real time for the hometown paper.

So I went to DNJ.com twitter feed https://twitter.com/dnj_com a good three or four hours after the game ended. Not a single tweet about the MTSU game in progress or game recap or analysis. But plenty on the vandy @ florida game. Almost as if MTSU doesn't exist in real time for the hometown paper.
nothing today at all from dnj sports twitter account and nothing from cecil joyce the dnj sports guy at all today as well.

Cause they are hot garbage. But it’s not new hot garbage, but old stale garbage that’s been sitting for years. Just ignore it and go about your living your life. That’s what everyone else has done. Sad…

Liberty destroyed UAB as well. Hell, we put one more point on the board than they did. Liberty is the best team we will face all year. I was hoping to cover but there was no way we were beating them. They've lost 2 games in the last 1.5 years. It is what it is. Not blowing smoke. I'm just not surprised by the outcome.

For the past 2 years, following an MT loss, I have woke up on Sunday hoping to read Stockstill has been let go. Seriously.

Anybody else do this?

3 of our 4 losses this season are to teams and schools that didn’t even play Div. 1 football when our Head Football Coach was hired. It’s indefensible. Period. We are losing to other Head Coaches who are younger and just plain smarter than ours. I knew exactly what Freeze would do to Stock and didn’t even watch it.

For the past 2 years, following an MT loss, I have woke up on Sunday hoping to read Stockstill has been let go. Seriously.

Anybody else do this?
With the nosedive taken by MBB and FB, I'm expecting mcphee to announce that the tsu MBB and FB programs will be replacing the existing programs in Murfreesboro.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315

Anybody else do this?
I have long given up on such pointless pipe dreams. McPhee & Massaro appear to have far too little respect for fans and alumni to make any such desperately needed changes.

We are what we are. A bottom of the barrel G5 team with a hopeless future, terrible facilities, incompetent leadership, and non-existent fanbase.

They really should just consider axing all athletic programs and focus on academics. I doubt we could even do that though as our incompetent leadership could not land a law school that dropped in our lap for free.

I absolutely despise this university and every administrator and employee associated with it. It is Murphy's law across the board, year in year out. Our "leaders" are hapless goons that are too stupid to even realize how ignorant they are. I generally don't like the term boomer, but holy mother of god does it ever describe the leadership and coaches here at MT.
If this were the thought process the school would lose a large portion of students. I chose MTSU in pet because they were local and had sports teams.

. . . the Blue Raider offensive line never got going against an active defensive front, with quarterback Chase Cunningham fighting off pressure all afternoon and the run game never getting into a spot where they could get something going.

"They just whipped us," Stockstill said. "We tried to chip, we kept a back in there and tried to help the tackles. It still didn't work. They were tougher than us up front, they dominated us." . . . . .

nothing today at all from dnj sports twitter account and nothing from cecil joyce the dnj sports guy at all today as well.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but why would the DNJ use resources for us? Because of the 50 people or so on this board? The 2,000 that show up to Floyd? There is just no demand for it. The product sucks. 20 years ago there was excitement and expectations. Because of that, Tony, Monte and Greg would all have gameday articles. Let's just face it, no one gives a $hit about this program anymore. And the current Admin and HC killed it.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but why would the DNJ use resources for us? Because of the 50 people or so on this board? The 2,000 that show up to Floyd? There is just no demand for it. The product sucks. 20 years ago there was excitement and expectations. Because of that, Tony, Monte and Greg would all have gameday articles. Let's just face it, no one gives a $hit about this program anymore. And the current Admin and HC killed it.
Most accurate and concise post I've seen in ages.

As I’ve stated previously, this seems intentional.

My natural inclination was to assign stupidity and incompetence to actions and events driven by government bureaucrats (of which those in charge of this university and the athletic programs are) instead of evil intent, but the last dozen years or so have convinced me it's not just stupidity and incompetence. When good things happen (rarely these days) it is accidental and beyond the control of those in charge.

We are seriously considering their aerospace program.
It appears to me he is engaging in some brilliant trash talking and payback. Actually, I really don't have a problem with it. The poster is right. The morally superior and ideological pure refused to even consider Liberty when they were looking for a conference home. That includes many folks right here on this board. To top it off, Liberty is proving season after season in both football and basketball that they would be an outstanding addition to the conference on both the field and court.

Who knows where all the conference moves end up, but it would now appear Liberty would be doing C-USA a favor if they ever landed in C-USA.

If I were young once again and had to choose the current MTSU or Liberty, I would choose Liberty each time and twice on Sunday. Yes, it sickens me to see MTSU perform at such lows after decades of support. The university and athletic dept leadership have turned MTSU into an embarrassment. How much more of this crap before they run off people so far that they refuse to ever return? I'm personally not there...yet, but it is starting to become a serious consideration. Let's face it, the leadership has already done that to tens of thousands of students and alumni!

Whatever the case, a young and rising program that seems to be hated by the morally superior is starting to win me over as a fan. Just the kind of imperfect underdog I don't mind cheering for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT