ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-1) vs WKU (1-1) (ESPN+), 6PM, Saturday, September 14, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links work in progress

Western Kentucky University
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,267 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
97%
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers Mascot: Big Red
Fight song: "Stand up and Cheer" (Fight song of Ohio, WKU, Montana St. and SEMOST)
Series: MT leads 35-37-1 (In Murfreesboro: MT leads 21-15-1; At Bowling Green: WKU leads 22-14)
Streak: WKU has won five straight
Stadium: Houchens (22,113)
Head Coach: : Tyson Helton (Houston, 1999)
Record at WKU: (40-26 (5) Overall: Same
2022 Record: 8-5 2022 Bowl: Famous Toastery
Starters Ret./Lost: 13/13 Lettermen R/L: 39/26

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Game Day Information:
Game Day Central

Television: ESPN+
  • Play-by-Play - Jake Rose (9th Year)
  • Analyst - Jeremy Kellem (5th Year)
  • Sideline - Justin Beasley (2nd Year)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin
  • Murfreesboro: WGNS 101.9 FM / 1450 AM
  • Smyrna – WGNS 100.5 FM
  • Nashville: 93.3 FM
  • App: Blue Raiders

Streaming: WATCH, Listen

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Daily News, wku Herald,

Message Boards: wkuInsider, Red Towel Talk

Blogs: Inside Hilltopper Sports, Hilltopper Focus, The Red Towel

Athletic site: wkusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com,

Media Guides:
WesternKy, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
MT Notes , WKU Notes , CUSA Notes

Roster: Hilltoppers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: ,

Twitter:
@WKUFootball, @WKUSports, @WKUSportsPics, @zach_greenwell, @WKUStatsInfo, @TheTowelRackWKU, @WKU_Rivals, , , ,

Hashtags:
#100MilesofHate #MTvsWKU #BlueRaiders #BeatWKU #TrueBlue , ,

Facebook: WKUAthletics, WKUFootball

Youtube: WKUSports,

Instagram: WKUSports, wku_football

2023 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (1-3) @ Western Kentucky (2-2) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Thursday, September 28, 2023

2022 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (3-3, 0-2) vs Western Kentucky (3-3, 1-1), #100MilesOfHate, (Homecoming), (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 15, 2022

2021 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee(4-4, 2-2) @ WKU(4-4, 3-1), (Stadium), 2:30, Saturday, November 6, 2021

2020 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (0-3, 0-1) vs WKU (0-2, 0-0) (ESPN3)/Homecoming, Saturday 4PM, October 3, 2020

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ WKU (7-4, 5-2), (ESPN+), 1PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

2018 Game Thread: MIDDLE TENNESSEE (5-3; 4-1) vs WKU (1-7; 0-4)(CBSSN)/Salute to Armed Forces, 7PM, Friday, 11/2/18

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

Last edited:
Since Predarat is feeling this positive, I think I’ll drive over to take a peek and eat a couple of Blue Raider Brats for dinner.
Hopefully, I’ll still be feeling the thrill of a midday upset down in Tallahassee. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Predarat
MT 1-8 the last nine years

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A
2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A

2020 L 20-17 H
2021 L 48-21 A
2022 L 35-17 H

2023 L 31-10 A

Stockstill didn't give a damn about the series
I've said it before. I'd have a permanent timer in the locker room counting down to this game like OSU/Michigan do. I despise them that much.

Reactions: ewglenn
MT 1-8 the last nine years

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A
2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A

2020 L 20-17 H
2021 L 48-21 A
2022 L 35-17 H

2023 L 31-10 A

Stockstill didn't give a damn about the series
Bruh. That’s ugly! I don’t know that he didn’t care about this series in particular, I don’t think he cared at all.

Not to bring bad news but just checked weather report for Saturday. Rain & storms expected on Friday with 60% odds going into Saturday. Two weeks in a row really sucks.
Not only is it rain, it’s supposed to be from the hurricane that’s about to form in the gulf. Not good news at all!

Not to bring bad news but just checked weather report for Saturday. Rain & storms expected on Friday with 60% odds going into Saturday. Two weeks in a row really sucks.
I'm at the point with my health and age that I know I can't stay out in the rain and do well. Use to sit out in the rain and bemoan the fair weather fans, now I have become one.

At least have to wonder if MT wanting to run will give an edge to the Raiders in this particular game.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I'm at the point with my health and age that I know I can't stay out in the rain and do well. Use to sit out in the rain and bemoan the fair weather fans, now I have become one.

At least have to wonder if MT wanting to run will give an edge to the Raiders in this particular game.
Very understandable, same situation here.

Parker hughes, drew Francis, Ethan Ellis will have to play and play well for us to have a shot.

We are severely lacking talent right now in my opinion and cannot afford to have the few good players we do have missing games.

play calling on both sides of the ball has to improve. Offense has to be less predictable and get our best players in space. Some completed deep balls would help open up the field so much. I about spit my drink out laughing when we lined up in 21 personnel against Ole Miss and ran the most predictable play call in history when we only needed a few yards. It was predictably stuffed in the back field.

Defense needs to develop an identity and quick. We cannot just sit back and let the opposing offense dictate the game. Must be aggressive and unpredictable. Can’t let their QB and OC get into a rhythm. Play calling must be proactive, not reactive.

I don’t think this one ends well. Vegas doesn’t think much of us to pit us as a 7.5 dog at home against our rival. I’m pretty sure we have never been that big of a dog at home against WKU. Embarrassing.

It's a winnable game but we will have to play well in all 3 phases with little to no mistakes

Last edited:
I’ll never forget when Stock said this was just another game around 2015 on a pregame. Something about drivers seat etc. I was ready to drive off the road .
I used to travel to a lot of road games. After that blow out loss in Bowling Green. I swore off any non vandy road games as long as Stockstill was head coach. It was apparent the M&M duo were okay the program sucking as they apparently never applied any pressure and Stockstill never felt his job was in danger.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Would definitely not be ideal for a second straight big recruiting weekend to be bad weather but from a game perspective, I don't think that would be the worst thing to happen with how both offenses play

Reactions: scjohnny
Parker hughes, drew Francis, Ethan Ellis will have to play and play well for us to have a shot.

We are severely lacking talent right now in my opinion and cannot afford to have the few good players we do have missing games.

play calling on both sides of the ball has to improve. Offense has to be less predictable and get our best players in space. Some completed deep balls would help open up the field so much. I about spit my drink out laughing when we lined up in 21 personnel against Ole Miss and ran the most predictable play call in history when we only needed a few yards. It was predictably stuffed in the back field.

Defense needs to develop an identity and quick. We cannot just sit back and let the opposing offense dictate the game. Must be aggressive and unpredictable. Can’t let their QB and OC get into a rhythm. Play calling must be proactive, not reactive.

I don’t think this one ends well. Vegas doesn’t think much of us to pit us as a 7.5 dog at home against our rival. I’m pretty sure we have never been that big of a dog at home against WKU. Embarrassing.

It's a winnable game but we will have to play well in all 3 phases with little to no mistakes
Ethan did play from the second quarter on against Ole Miss for what it's worth

if it's a bad game, WKU could only get 113 rushing yds against EKU, and EKU was missing a starter on the dline. so this should favor MT and the run game. Zone read them to death

if it's a bad game, WKU could only get 113 rushing yds against EKU, and EKU was missing a starter on the dline. so this should favor MT and the run game. Zone read them to death
Also would favor the short passing game where I think the Blue Raiders can have success. They had a lot of success against Ole Miss with moving Holden in some way across the formation pre snap or as the play was starting and getting his momentum going as he entered the flat. WKU is as complete a team as they’ve been but if there’s one thing to point at it’s their entire LB core being a bunch of non FBS guys they’ve taken a chance on. Getting Holden on a backer out in the flat over and over again for the second straight week could be dangerous imo

Helton's offense isn't concerned with the run. It's a token to keep you honest for the passing game.

Reactions: Shayne_Pickering
I would delete my username immediately.

WKUbanshee
Posted on Sep 10th, 11:53 AM, , User Since 6 months ago, User Post Count: 13
  • Sep 10th, 11:53 AM
  • 6 months
WKUsports.com used this phrase to promote saturday's game at MTSU. DOes anyone actually say that? I dont remember hearing it when I was a student and I think it is dumb. It must stop now.

• Wow
Reactions: Hop45

It's a shame Parker Hughes isn't playing. I've said since the first time I saw him on the field that he was going to be a star for us. Even when he was just a walk on and had not earned a ship yet and just played here and there. It was so apparent that he was a really good LB from the moment he stepped on the field. An absolute tackling machine with some of the best instincts at the position we've seen here at MT.

Now he's a first team Phil Steele CUSA pre-season LB with real potential to play on Sunday's if he can get just a little bigger. And he's bloody injured and not playing in the most important game of the year. Damn shame. He's a game changing X factor and not having him, in my opinion, will probably be the difference on Saturday.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT