ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(4-4, 2-2) @ WKU(4-4, 3-1), (Stadium), 2:30, Saturday, November 6, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

img_8723.jpg

Western Kentucky University
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,171 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
97%
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers Mascot: Big Red
Fight song: "Stand up and Cheer" (Fight song of Ohio, WKU, Montana St. and SEMOST)
Series: MT leads 35-34-1 (In Murfreesboro: MT leads 21-15-1; At Bowling Green: WKU leads 19-14)
Stadium: Houchens (22,113)
Head Coach: Tyson Helton (Houston, 1999)
Record at WKU: 14-11 (3rd) Overall: Same
2020 Record: 5-7 (4-3) 2020 Bowl: Lending Tree (lost to Georgia State 39-21)
Starters Ret./Lost: 10/12 Lettermen R/L: 46/20

Where: Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, 1605 Avenue Of The Champions, Bowling Green, KY 42101

Game Day Information: 2021 WKU Football Gameday Guide

Television: Stadium, Play-by-Play: Chris Hassel; Analyst: Max Starks

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: SXM App 992,

Streaming: WATCH

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Daily News, wku Herald,

Message Boards: HilltopperHaven, wkuInsider, Red Towel Talk

Blogs: Inside Hilltopper Sports, Hilltopper Focus, The Red Towel

Athletic site: wkusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com,

Media Guides: WesternKy, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: WKU Hilltoppers: CFN College Football Preview 2021,

Game Notes:
WKU Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Hilltoppers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: ,

Twitter:
@WKUFootball, @WKUSports, @WKUSportsPics, @zach_greenwell, @WKUStatsInfo, @TheTowelRackWKU, @WKU_Rivals, , , ,

Hashtags:
#100MilesofHate #MTvsWKU #BlueRaiders #BeatWKU #TrueBlue , ,

Facebook: WKUAthletics, WKUFootball

Youtube: WKUSports,

Instagram: WKUSports, wku_football

2020 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (0-3, 0-1) vs WKU (0-2, 0-0) (ESPN3)/Homecoming, Saturday 4PM, October 3, 2020

2019 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ WKU (7-4, 5-2), (ESPN+), 1PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

2018 Game Thread: MIDDLE TENNESSEE (5-3; 4-1) vs WKU (1-7; 0-4)(CBSSN)/Salute to Armed Forces, 7PM, Friday, 11/2/18

2017 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

Last edited:
The record against wku under the Stockstill regime

2007 L 17-20 H
2008 W 21-10 A

2009 W 62-24 H
2010 W 27-26 A
2011 L 33-36 (2OT) H
2012 W 34-29 A

2014 W 50-47 (OT) H

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A

2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A
2020 L 20-17 H

I’ll be giving my pint of blood tomorrow afternoon at Murphy in exchange for a win on Saturday. Hope it helps. 😂
I have given in every blood drive since this thing started, but I won't this time around. On the road to tomorrow to pick up a Beagle that I rescued from a shelter a couple of hours away and likely won't have time the other two days.

So if my math is right, if we somehow win this game, that'll make Stock's 99th and our 5th this year.

I can see the posts now from the admin celebrating his 100th win and bowl eligibility in the same sentence.

We finish the year 6-6 and he will be 100-98.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
So if my math is right, if we somehow win this game, that'll make Stock's 99th and our 5th this year.

I can see the posts now from the admin celebrating his 100th win and bowl eligibility in the same sentence.

We finish the year 6-6 and he will be 100-98.

Going to be very hard to win any more games with Cunningham injured. Nothing official but that 99% looked like an ACL tear to me.

Unless Vattiato is a player, I don't see any more possible wins beyond FIU.

Going to be very hard to win any more games with Cunningham injured. Nothing official but that 99% looked like an ACL tear to me.

Agreed. I see 6-6 as the cap for the season. No way we win more than 2 of the last 4. And of course with how Stock operates I doubt very seriously anything will be said on Chase tonight.

6-6 might be pushing it after that performance against USM. On the plus side, no more games relegated to Stadium if/when we make it into the MAC!

Reactions: MIDTENN05

Vattiato's couple of throws looked way better than DiLello's Tighter spirals with more zip. He looked more like Chase than DiLello. I like the Dilello kid but the run first thing is a gimmick that works every now and again. It's the arm that get's it done.

Reactions: MT Glenn
6-6 might be pushing it after that performance against USM. On the plus side, no more games relegated to Stadium if/when we make it into the MAC!
The D was lights out though. That may be enough vs. ODU and FIU.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict our Blue Raiders will run the table to finish 8-4. Some things I noticed on Saturday:
1) The defense is playing better than they have played in years. They were laying their ears back and USM had no answers. I came away with the feeling that they have made a decision as a unit to score points every game.
2) Stock displayed more visible emotion Saturday after that fumble into the end zone than I’ve seen him display in years. I firmly believe he knows and has been told there is a reckoning after this season especially after the last two. Whether Diliello checked off to that screw up or it was called from upstairs, it was apparent to everyone in the stadium that Stock wasn’t happy with that call at that moment for that outcome and he went off for 10 minutes.
3) I watched Polly a lot Saturday. The guy was physically
counting the number of special teams players on the field before the snap. Again, somebody is in his ear too.
4) I haven’t seen Tommy West that active on a sideline since his rookie first year at Ole Miss coaching Buford McGee. His d-line’s play was indicative of that as well.
5) I watched a couple of Diliello throws from field level and the guy has an arm. They were well thrown balls. Maybe this is his opportunity to take the offense and run with it.

This defense is going to keep the Blue Raiders in the FAU and WKU games if the offense protects the football. The offense, like Wiley has eluded to in the past has some real good, really fast skill players if Dearmon can find a way get the ball to them.

OK. Here they go……….😂😂🙏

Make your bowl plans now.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict our Blue Raiders will run the table to finish 8-4. Some things I noticed on Saturday:
1) The defense is playing better than they have played in years. They were laying their ears back and USM had no answers. I came away with the feeling that they have made a decision as a unit to score points every game.
2) Stock displayed more visible emotion Saturday after that fumble into the end zone than I’ve seen him display in years. I firmly believe he knows and has been told there is a reckoning after this season especially after the last two. Whether Diliello checked off to that screw up or it was called from upstairs, it was apparent to everyone in the stadium that Stock wasn’t happy with that call at that moment for that outcome and he went off for 10 minutes.
3) I watched Polly a lot Saturday. The guy was physically
counting the number of special teams players on the field before the snap. Again, somebody is in his ear too.
4) I haven’t seen Tommy West that active on a sideline since his rookie first year at Ole Miss coaching Buford McGee. His d-line’s play was indicative of that as well.
5) I watched a couple of Diliello throws from field level and the guy has an arm. They were well thrown balls. Maybe this is his opportunity to take the offense and run with it.

This defense is going to keep the Blue Raiders in the FAU and WKU games if the offense protects the football. The offense, like Wiley has eluded to in the past has some real good, really fast skill players if Dearmon can find a way get the ball to them.

OK. Here they go……….😂😂🙏

Make your bowl plans now.
Such optimism. I'm feeling it. All it took was a rumored MAC invite!

Heck I saw Chase this week. He is done for the year. With our fantastic line I am surprised this did not happen sooner.

Heck I saw Chase this week. He is done for the year. With our fantastic line I am surprised this did not happen sooner.
I’m genuinely curious what made you think he is done for the year? Hobbling, crutches or what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT