ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

Western Kentucky University
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,171 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
93.3%
Colors: Red and White Nickname: Hilltoppers Mascot: Big Red
Fight song: "Stand up and Cheer" (Fight song of Ohio, WKU, Montana St. and SEMOST)
Head Coach: Mike Sanford (Boise State, 2005) Record at WKU: 0-0 (1st) Overall: Same
2016 Record: 11-3 (7-1) 2016 Bowl: Boca Raton Starters Ret./Lost: 14/12 Lettermen R/L: 52/23

Where: Houchens-Smith Stadium (22,113), 1605 Avenue of Champions, Bowling Green, Ky

Television: CBS Sports Network - Jason Horowitz (play-by-play), David Diehl (analyst), Erik Coleman (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: 118, XM: 203, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: video -

Live Stats:

Newspapers: Daily News, wku Herald,

Message Boards: HilltopperHaven, wkuInsider,

Blogs: Hilltopper Focus,

Athletic site:
wkusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com, gbr - game day central

Media Guides: WesternKy, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,, Middle Tennessee 2017 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #73),

Game Notes: WKU Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Hilltoppers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:

Twitter: @WKUFootball, @WKUSports, @WKUSportsPics, @zach_greenwell, @MrChadBishop,

Hashtags:
#MTvsWKU, #BlueRaiders, ,

Facebook:
WKUAthletics, WKUFootball

Youtube: WKUSports,

Instagram:
WKUSports, wku_football

Last edited:
I'm predicting WKU -4...will probably get bet down to 3

When we talk about one game being bigger than the next ,this is one of those games.

100 miles of hate rivalry, national TV, Friday night spotlight, a chance to generate some momentum and positive vibes, a chance to put together a win streak that can carry over into a bowl, win that and that completely changes the complexion of the off-season.

These are the games that move a program forward.

I hope we do more than just "compete".

Last edited:
When we talk about one game being bigger than the next ,this is one of those games.

100 miles of hate rivalry, national TV, Friday night spotlight, a chance to generate some momentum and positive vibes, a chance to put together a win streak that can carry over into a bowl, win that and that completely changes the complexion of the off-season.

These are the games that move a program forward.

I hope we do more than just “compete".

Me too.

After firing two longtime defensive assistants Stock is still one win worse than this time last year and trying back into a bowl game. This morning, UTK cut ties with a 5-year Head Coach who went 34-27 ( 55.7 winning pct.) in the SEC and 3-0 in postseason play.

Meanwhile, in Murfreesboro.....Our 12-year guy is 77-71 (52.7 winning pct.) 1-5 in bowl games and, if he skates thru these last two CUSA games to be “bowl eligible” gets another year rollover in an 8-year contract. Yay.

Me too.

After firing two longtime defensive assistants Stock is still one win worse than this time last year and trying back into a bowl game. This morning, UTK cut ties with a 5-year Head Coach who went 34-27 ( 55.7 winning pct.) in the SEC and 3-0 in postseason play.

Meanwhile, in Murfreesboro.....Our 12-year guy is 77-71 (52.7 winning pct.) 1-5 in bowl games and, if he skates thru these last two CUSA games to be “bowl eligible” gets another year rollover in an 8-year contract. Yay.
To be fair, Butch Jones wasn't fired because he went 3-0 in bowl games. He was fired because the last game against every SEC team was a loss, he had a miserable record against top 10/15 opponents, went 14-24 against the SEC, and consistently underperformed.

FWIW, CBJ has some serious character issues that the media in Knoxville is just now talking about. I had a source from Knoxville let me in CBJ's antics. Pure stupidity IMO

UT has 100k fans in the stands and boosters with big pockets to answer to. It's apples to bowling balls.

How are we favored by 3 on the road? Line seems backwards...

My guess is because we have apparently found the answer to the running game and this:

Rushing Offense
129 Western Ky. 309-694 2.25 ypc 69.4 ypg

In spite of all the passing that occurs in this game typically the team that has run the ball the best has fared the best.

For the first time since the beginning of the year, I'm excited for MT football again. I'm not making the drive from Knoxville to BG, but i'll be plopped in front of the TV from kickoff.

I know this is a rehash of what I've posted twice - but we have a great opportunity dropped right in our laps. For the sake of all that's holy and our suffering, much-maligned and dwindling fan base, Please Stock, don't crap the bed.

Anybody going up early to tailgate?

Well if anybody makes it early a friend and I are in the Creasman lot, or lot C, right by the train bridge/parking garage. Feel free to come over. We're going to have way too much food. Big MT flag flying.

WKU - 38
MT - 31

Hope I am wrong. If we do win, I think its because our D plays dominant tonight.

Yesterday, Titans lost, Predators lost, MT men BB lost. Sadly, I think the trend bleeds over to tonight. 31-21 WKU

Looking like the refs are on WKU

I'm not joking either. These are the types of games they love to fix.

Well driving. West fumbles. Didn’t he fumble early this year?

Not sure how much more could go wrong.

Looks like an Andy McCollum coached team out there to me.

Penalties at the worst possible time.

Turn overs at the worst possible time.

Probably have the better team on the field tonight, but will lose anyway.

Did someone take us all back in a time machine to 2004?

ADVERTISEMENT